Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon New Class Why No Caster?

why...why have we had 3 melees added to the game but not a single caster?

will this Blizzcon finally be the time where they announce a new caster? it's been 13 years since release and no caster was added ever since.
    what makes designing a caster so much more challenging than designing a melee? or did a caster simply never fit the lore of an expansion?
    do they think that they have exhausted all options for a playable caster in the WoW universe?

what would you like to see if they were to add a new caster?

Deleted
    what would you like to see for example?
    you say caster, but how about suggesting what type & what spells?

Implying WoW even needs a new class.

It doesn't BTW. There are 13 melee dps specs and 11 ranged specs (12 if you count disc priest), 2 of the classes that are pure dps (warlocks and mages) are exclusively casters.

In fact the only ranged spec that isn't a caster is BM hunter. That's why no more casters, because we have plenty.

There will be no new class in the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There will be no new class in the next xpac.
    I'm inclined to agree with this. I can't even imagine what the class would be, if they did add one. I don't even know what niche a new caster class would fill.

I think there will be a new race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather not see a magical class, rather a non-magical.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why do classes have to fit the tank/dps/heal or melee/ranged category? Why not do a class like the Bard from Ultima Online? Buffs, Debuffs, peacemaking, provocation, you could even make them a hybrid range/melee. clubbing mobs with a lute. Run through waves of mobs provoking them to attack each other, decreasing their stats to kill them faster, peacemaking elite mobs that aggro on you so you can escape. Its an awesome class to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    what would you like to see for example?
    you say caster, but how about suggesting what type & what spells?
    Chronomancer - modeled around Chromie
    Necromancer - modeled around KT
    Sapper/Engineer - modeled around Goblin Sapper (see WC3)
    Dark Ranger - modeled around Alleria
    Blood Mage - modeled around the Zandalari Bonechewer Blood Prophets, Blood Lord Mandokir or Vampyric bosses like Blood Queen Lanathiel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I thought the reason was fairly plain they don’t want to add any class which can’t serve as a tank.

I'd rather see a ranged summoner. I hate to say it but a mix of a D2 necromancer and D2 druid.

Team Bard.

But, I don't think we'll see a new class.

7+ Year Old Account
    That just means if we are to get another class in the future, the most likely candidate will be a caster. I really hope we get a caster with a healing specialization.

And wears mail armor.

Deleted
    I would like to see more specs for the current classes, like demon hunters healing with the atonement mechanincs or shamans tanking in the form of a Earth Elemental.. That doesn't make too much sense lorewise but who cares? They can make up something to fit it anyway. I would love to tank with my priest as a light lord

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Team Bard.

But, I don't think we'll see a new class.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...d_take_a_look/
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Dark Ranger - modeled around Alleria
    This seems like the most likely outcome of a class discussion, based on the Argus cinematics. And it could easily be a Mail class which is really really really absolutely very much and totally needed. It would be silly to make anything but a mail class based on the number of classes we have on the other armor types. And 2 leathers in a row was too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with this. I can't even imagine what the class would be, if they did add one. I don't even know what niche a new caster class would fill.

I'd like to see a support role added but that's just not likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Why do classes have to fit the tank/dps/heal or melee/ranged category? Why not do a class like the Bard from Ultima Online? Buffs, Debuffs, peacemaking, provocation, you could even make them a hybrid range/melee. clubbing mobs with a lute. Run through waves of mobs provoking them to attack each other, decreasing their stats to kill them faster, peacemaking elite mobs that aggro on you so you can escape. Its an awesome class to play
    Because that is the system that WoW is set up to have. A debuff and buff class just won't work in WoW. How do they do anything outside of group play? How do they get included in content with out making them mandatory. How do they stack if you have more then one etc. You would have to modify every encounter in the game to have a mob for them to MC or pacify to make them useful in groups.

Can it be done? Sure. But it has to rework a lot of WoW systems to support one class. WoW also started similar to this in Vanilla and it wasn't that popular of a thing for those classes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I'd like to see a support role added but that's just not likely.
    Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a bard or something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a bard or something similar.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...d_take_a_look/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

I think Scourge 2.0 expansion with Bolvar, Kel'Thuzad, Sylvanas, unexplored area north of Stratholme is very likely at some point. Necromancer could fit there perfectly.

It could wear mail and have two specs: caster dps and healer (don't judge, they would figure it out somehow). It would probably come with some Unholy rework (they will just say that "Unholy class fantasy is more about X than necromancy" ;P).