Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Hopefully the new animations will come in 8.0.0. Along with reworks for all 3 specs.
    I honestly would like them to stop with the reworks. The only one that IMO needs a rework is Demo, simply because it landed in a silly place of imp mother, an issue they acknowledged already and will take care of.

Aff and Destruction don't need rework, just some touch up here and there next expansion will do. For Destruction I would like to see less frequent, but more powerful Chaos Bolts, viable Sac (and maybe even preferred option like hunters, because why not have 1 spec that does not have to use demon as default?), mobility and defense talents getting dedicated rows and it will be golden.

Passive pet healing skill that heals for some % of my damage, burning rush baseline (or demonic skin instead), instant summon demon spell (it already costs shards why the hell does it have to be casted?), ability to have 2 main pets (at least for demonology), something that gives us all our demons skills (or at least all those with different effects) to one, remove that damn dumb manatap (or if they want to keep that class fantasy retard mentality, at least remove it's global cd and make it suck less life the less we have, 'cause it's a dump fantasy when i have low life and without mana the only thing i can do is run like a retard), remove demonic empowerment for demo, improve caos bolt baseline damage, improve affliction baseline shard generation, give sacrifice back its glory power from the past, make supremacy back the gold effect it has in the past (it should unlock stronger demons versions not stronger type versions), reduce some skill mana cost (damn shadow bolt costs more mana that the damage it does)! These are some of the changes i'd like to see not forgetting those god damn animation, 'cause remember that all casters should have gotten already new animation, meaning that or they don't care about locks or they don't even consider us as casters!

I hope that they do, they could really use it considering that a bunch of other classes got them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You can't improve perfection *hugs affliction*

Jokes aside there's not really much that can be done to improve affliction, like the enemy is more likely to get more enjoyment out of any improvements to visuals than we are
    Actually I think that it is possible to change visual improvements for affliction specialization. First what comes in my mind is something like shadow or any other kind of form on cursed enemy. Let say when dot is marked on the target it becomes more violet (shadow damage) or green, yellow or whatever color (cursed). It should at least give a feeling that target is dying from something. To avoid visually silly situation when shadow priest is dotted with violet shadow damage curse character might be colored by their contour and not full body. At least this would work for me.

Is it SOP now for Blizzard to "rework" all or most of the class specs each xpac? By rework I mean make a completely new rotation from the previous expansion.

My 2cents... My wants... My whatevers...

I just want my Drain Soul to go back to Drain Life. That is basically what Drain Soul is, its Drain Life. I want my green beam over purple beam.

I want visual on my cursed and afflicted targets.

I want more visuals on my self empowerment's.

I want my verdant spheres back...

I dont want 'new' caster animations... I want my old school, vanilla/tbc caster animations. I WANT MY MOONWALK BACK!

That is all... Im quite content with new pet models. Dont need anything new unless a replacement for Voidwalker/lord, if something crazy enough happens and we lose him.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Drain Life/Drain Soul to look more lik Gul'dans in HotS and how he holds his arms out while he does it, always loved it.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Since Destruction's theme is chaotic/randomness. it would be rad f it had a different form each time you casted it
    Life tap/Drain life should be more like gul'dan in Hots indeed!

Deleted
    IMO wont get any update this expansion because they will rework all specs. Well at least I hope

We already know that Demon will get a total rework... again.

I really doubt new animations until next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Methinks people are confusing Animations/Spell effects “revamp” (Aff has like zero effects except a 12 or 13 yo Agony effect) with a class mechanics overhaul. One hasn’t actually been done for Warlocks, one has happened every expansion since TBC.

Far as when, probably never. :P A few asked on Twitter a while back and were ignored. Devs are silent about it otherwise. If they do get anything, then it’ll be next expansion and probably won’t actually notice anything either.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2017-10-19 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Affliction indeed needs to be flashier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unar View Post
    I'm just curious whether there has been any news on whether warlocks will be getting new animations in 7.3.5 . Or if not, any guesses on whether that will happen. I'm wanting to get back into wow, but I am needing something to spice up my lock a bit.
    Everyone is expecting an xpac announcement. But this... this is going to be the highlight of the WoW panel at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I honestly would like them to stop with the reworks. The only one that IMO needs a rework is Demo, simply because it landed in a silly place of imp mother, an issue they acknowledged already and will take care of.

Aff and Destruction don't need rework, just some touch up here and there next expansion will do. For Destruction I would like to see less frequent, but more powerful Chaos Bolts, viable Sac (and maybe even preferred option like hunters, because why not have 1 spec that does not have to use demon as default?), mobility and defense talents getting dedicated rows and it will be golden.
    What our specs already got this xpac would be considered a rework, and destro needs at least that level of attention if not more. Demo needs a straight up overhaul, and I wouldn't mind seeing one for aff too.

Personally I'd like to see some pretty dramatic things happen for all 3 specs but eh.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Pyromancer brought up an interesting point in one of his recent videos. Blizz might be stalling on the new lock animation as there might be a new playable race next xpack which lock would be a playable class which would mean the earliest you would see anything is pre-expansion patch. just speculation really but it does somewhat make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelfox View Post
    Source on this?
    cant find it but they spoke about how they plan to change demo abit, because it is so clunky.
    Also i was saying "i think' for a rerason

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Pyromancer brought up an interesting point in one of his recent videos. Blizz might be stalling on the new lock animation as there might be a new playable race next xpack which lock would be a playable class which would mean the earliest you would see anything is pre-expansion patch. just speculation really but it does somewhat make sense.
    I don't see how that would at all prevent it.

I think the issue with lock spells is Demo's "spells" are mostly models, all of which are current except imps? I think the only really dated destro spell is chaosbolt, everything else is fairly recent. And aff they'd need to make something that currently doesn't exist because aff's spells barely have visuals.

Will be interesting to see if they use the same casting animations as well or something completely different.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Warlocks have some of the coolest visuals still. I've mained mage for years but dipped over to lock when they got those animation updates for their fire/demo spells over the last couple expansions (since mage didn't get like any updates period >.>). Excited to see what they come up with.

We do know the gestures some skills will take. For instance, most simple dots use that finger/hand wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelfox View Post
    You said "I think" in the context of new warlock animations, not remaking the specs.
    im thinking next expansion because they plan to remake the specs AGAIN and save for then, or just dont with to deal with until then

also yes they do oplan to change demo

Deleted
    They could at least give us new Affliction and Destro animations. I mean I doubt they're gonna completely rework those two specs. They're for the most part fine. There are flaws, but they're not massive by any means. It's mostly some talents that should be baseline and switching around some stuff. Easy peasy.

It'll be awful to go into yet another raid where everyone else looks cool and flashy and we're stuck with faint purple glows and outdated casting animations. What still pisses me off is that they took away so much from us this expansion.. only now to give us nothing until the next expansion, come on..
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-10-21 at 08:00 AM.