Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some of the animations go back to 2005. Playing a lock makes one feel detached from the environment. When playing along side a priest or shaman it doesn't even feel like you belong in the same game. Some classes have already received two rounds of updates, while locks have not even received the first.

Another pet peeve is locks are still using the same model of minions they have from vanilla. Even Demo specced you have to purchase glyphs to get the models back that you had previously. What is disconcerting is that these very same minions you are using saw their models updated in legion and also in WOD. Would it have been so terrible to throw locks a bone and let them use these new appearances ? Or do something useful with enslave demon to get a different look.

I know exactly what is going to happen though. After getting the middle index finger for all legion, locks will be told they will be getting everything their hearts desire in the next expansion and of course everyone will run out to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Even Demo specced you have to purchase glyphs to get the models back that you had previously. What is disconcerting is that these very same minions you are using saw their models updated in legion and also in WOD. Would it have been so terrible to throw locks a bone and let them use these new appearances ?
    Many of the pet models were updated in WoD (patch 6.2). The imp, doomguard, felguard, infernal, and voidwalker were all updated. I think the wrathguard might of been updated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Many of the pet models were updated in WoD (patch 6.2). The imp, doomguard, felguard, infernal, and voidwalker were all updated. I think the wrathguard might of been updated as well.
    Really ? With the exception of the infernal, they look much the same to me. I will have to dig through the patch notes and see. My point was though with all the cool new model demon models it would not have taken much to allow Warlocks access to them.

Really ? With the exception of the infernal, they look much the same to me. I will have to dig through the patch notes and see. My point was though with all the cool new model demon models it would not have taken much to allow Warlocks access to them.
    They aren't that obvious in some cases - especially the imp. But the doomguard definitely looks better and I think they added muscles to the voidwalker (which makes no sense but there it is). But yeah a bunch of the were definitely upgraded in 6.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You've got like 3 revamps in the lat few expansions, you can wait your turn for some attention :P
    what is the relation between revamp and new animation ? also - as pointed already - revamps sucks for destruction and demonology
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Not sure how anyone could have missed it:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't see how that would at all prevent it.

I think the issue with lock spells is Demo's "spells" are mostly models, all of which are current except imps? I think the only really dated destro spell is chaosbolt, everything else is fairly recent. And aff they'd need to make something that currently doesn't exist because aff's spells barely have visuals.

Will be interesting to see if they use the same casting animations as well or something completely different.
    Honestly I'd be happy if they just did new casting animations. Just SOMETHING to give affliction the slightest visual appeal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy if they just did new casting animations. Just SOMETHING to give affliction the slightest visual appeal
    Nothing from what I am seeing at the moment on Blizzcon.

Looks like it's back to the end of the bus for Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Pyromancer brought up an interesting point in one of his recent videos. Blizz might be stalling on the new lock animation as there might be a new playable race next xpack which lock would be a playable class which would mean the earliest you would see anything is pre-expansion patch. just speculation really but it does somewhat make sense.
    Uh, thats the most dumb thing i've heard ever.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2017-11-03 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Nothing from what I am seeing at the moment on Blizzcon.

Looks like it's back to the end of the bus for Warlocks.
    Well, it looks like they didn't mention ANY class specific stuff, so just because they didn't mention it doesn't mean it isn't happening

Were getting them in 7.3.5

If we want to hear an answer - tomorrow is the chance. They opened a Q&A thread and will answer some of things tomorrow at Blizzcon. I posted a question on the EU forums, it's page 18 (WoW Live Q&A). You can upvote it or ask yourself, but if we're about to get some attention, this is it. Would also help if someone asks at US forums.

Deleted
    I'm 100% sure that we will see new animations in the next expansion and not 7.3.5. Why update current visuals if the class will receive a full rework in 8.0 ? Money and time waste if they do it in 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    And the source of that is...?
    i heard Ion mention it in a interview

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    i heard Ion mention it in a interview
    I'm not saying you're lying..

But could you please try to find it and post it here?

Looking forward to (hopefully nice) new animations and juicy voidelf warlocks.

I'm looking forward to basically being a night elf cause I've wanted that since forever and the dream died with demon hunters.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They will be coming...soon, as soon as we get those new worgen and goblin models, actually the same day the dance studio is made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You've got like 3 revamps in the lat few expansions, you can wait your turn for some attention :P
    That's no excuse for being lazy. They boast about hiring more game developers/artists and this game makes more than enough money to give every class and spec the attention it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't see how that would at all prevent it.

I think the issue with lock spells is Demo's "spells" are mostly models, all of which are current except imps? I think the only really dated destro spell is chaosbolt, everything else is fairly recent. And aff they'd need to make something that currently doesn't exist because aff's spells barely have visuals.

Will be interesting to see if they use the same casting animations as well or something completely different.
    Plus it bears mentioning that the new race for warlock is essentially recycled for alliance, void elves will simply use blood elf animations, and there's no reason to believe that Zandalari won't copy usual troll casting animations and dark iron dwarves their own. We already have animations for nightborne as well.

It's just sad that the one expansion all about warlock magics with all the NPC's using updated fel and void animations and gul'dan's gorgeous warlock spell visuals are all denied to the warlock players until the very end of the xpac.

I also hope they take a serious look at destro and demo. Aff I feel is fairly passable though I wish the on death crap was trimmed.

Destro is just a less mobile fire mage with less burst to boot. Hell, marksman hunter is even still more mobile than destro and has similar capacity to frontload damage. Destro has also severely missed out on the sustain that affliction and demo have, and that needs to be addressed.

Life Tap can go to hell.

I also hope that the portals get a look so they cycle just like balance druid's new moon mechanic.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-11-04 at 07:54 PM.