Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why does warlock mobility suck ass

Pretty much all classes have a movement speed increase cooldown or utility, all warlocks have is Burning Rush. It's talented and we have to give up 4% health every second to use it. At least in WoD you could have Sacrificial Pact and Burning Rush together at the same time so you could soak the damage for a while. But now you have to pick one or the other.

Why does Blizzard hate locks?

Locks are supposed to be immobile but tanky, so the lack of mobility isn't so much the issue as opposed to the lack of tankyness this xpac to make up for it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Tanky? They die in two hits if voidwalker can't aggro everything or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    He just said that. He said warlocks are suppose to be tanky to make up for the lack of mobility but they are neither mobile nor tanky.

If you die in 2 hits, or your Voidwalker dies, you simply fight versus enemies, which are not intended to be solo'd by anyone.
    Or you have crappy gear.
    Warlocks are almost immortal as affliction in solo content.

Demon skin. 20% of your health as an extra shield, bam tanky. I've mained lock all through legion and have 0 survivability issues. Locks are definitely tanky. Even in destruction when I run around in world with an imp, no issues.

Deleted
    in raid content you highly make up for it by simply using gate/circle well, just needs a bit thinking in advance like placing the circle where it likely wont get a voidzone over it on Demonic Inquisition.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not rush perfection.

Locks are RIDICULOUSLY tanky. In raids, there's no end to the mechanics we can just outright ignore or mitigate to incredible degrees. Outdoors, we come with a pocket tank and are our own personal healer, meaning we are nigh-on invincible against anything PvE can throw at us. We're literally a one-man party, solo'ing every Argus elite with one hand down our pants or pulling 10+ mobs at a time to watch them fall over as we laugh. (all that provided we're Affliction, of course; but there's no reason not to be)

And oh, if we DO need mobility, we have a no-cooldown on-demand sprint that lasts just about as long as we want, as well as TWO proactive teleports. Yes we're not Rogues who can zip zap zoop all over the place, but who is? We're like, idk, SMART Rogues. Who plan ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uwotm8?

I am literally a walking battle-station on Argus, I don't use voidwalker and shit, because nothing can kill me there.

We're still being punished for Kil'jaeden's Cunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class should have roughly equal baseline out-of-combat movement abilities (tankiness doesn't really help when you have to get from point A to point B as fast as possible in a dungeon). Warlocks' lack of those, as well as the lack of a viable interrupt (destro, demo), is poor treatment of warlocks by Blizzard. Which of course doesn't come as a surprise considering what they did to destro and demo in Legion: being treated poorly is pretty much the warlock class fantasy in this expac.

literally how?

like, my warlock has been destruction since the launch of 7.3, and i still never lose a point of health. she's only ilvl 890ish, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Uwotm8?

I am literally a walking battle-station on Argus, I don't use voidwalker and shit, because nothing can kill me there.
    Can you teach? Cause this entire xpac I can't pull anywhere near as big as I used to because my health actually goes down unless I'm aff.

OP is a silly goose but I wouldn't call destro a "walking battle-station". Aff yeah, because of the ridiculous amount of self healing, but destro not so much.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Every class should have roughly equal baseline out-of-combat movement abilities (tankiness doesn't really help when you have to get from point A to point B as fast as possible in a dungeon). Warlocks' lack of those, as well as the lack of a viable interrupt (destro, demo), is poor treatment of warlocks by Blizzard. Which of course doesn't come as a surprise considering what they did to destro and demo in Legion: being treated poorly is pretty much the warlock class fantasy in this expac.
    It seems you have just never talented into Burning Rush? It's one of the most reliable ways to get from A to B in places you can't mount, certainly better than having a cooldown like basically every ability of every other class.

I give you the interrupt, though. I'd like to just have it baseline. I'm sure the reason they don't do that is some PvP bullshit or another, like always.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    literally how?

like, my warlock has been destruction since the launch of 7.3, and i still never lose a point of health. she's only ilvl 890ish, too.
    This is just bullshit. I'm ilvl 900+ and if four or five mobs swarm you on Argus you will die eventually.

Please stop talking out of your ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Can you teach? Cause this entire xpac I can't pull anywhere near as big as I used to because my health actually goes down unless I'm aff.

OP is a silly goose but I wouldn't call destro a "walking battle-station". Aff yeah, because of the ridiculous amount of self healing, but destro not so much.
    Don't know what is your mileage, but when I can just solo kill all the world minibosses without dropping HP, that's more than enough survivability for me. Certainly it's not frikkin' blood DK or your tank level of survivability, but really it's quite a bit more than most have, just look around.

But then I don't feel compelled to truly pull half a zone with me, as there is just no reason to do so and yes it used to be even more than that, but what we have now is on a whole other level survivability-wise compared to most other damage dealers.

I do use Demonic Skin and Prydaz in general outside stuff, though, so maybe it's a bit different if you take Rush and no Prydaz, but those two are already very solid casual defense in addition to DR through mastery and UR/HS, heck even Drain Life is a thing if you need it for some reason. That's luxury not many damage dealers have there.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just bullshit. I'm ilvl 900+ and if four or five mobs swarm you on Argus you will die eventually.

Please stop talking out of your ass
    If you die to 4/5 mobs on Argus it's on you. I need about 10 to even start taking actual real damage to HP and I usually kill a good chunk of them anyway before that happens. Of course my ilvl is much higher. but then most of my survivability is not really dependent on ilvl. Maybe it's just me nuking shit before they break through my shields, but even then if I almost never take damage to HP, then lower ilvl you will just be able to manage coupled with realization that you are still not really a tank.

To put you in perspective, anything that causes me to drop to like 50% HP would cause bloody most other damage dealers to spirit run or run for their sweet lives. There is a substantial difference when it comes to survivability.

And yes, it's not quite on the level of ridiculousness of MoP and even WoD, but it's still very solid, definitely not what some dude above said where he like dies in two hits or something unless he hugs voidwalker. MoP was retarded, I could solo LFR bosses there and dungeons easily, but then we were OP as fuck really.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-10-14 at 07:24 PM.

Why does priest, pala and dk mobility suck? It's not fair that locks have no cooldown on their speed buff.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2017-10-14 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All above said, I certainly am not against seeing talent tiers setup for a dedicated mobility row and for a dedicated survivability row. That Burning Rush vs defenses thing is kinda sad in a same way what they are doing to Sacrifice is sad, where they seem to have it burned in their minds that warlock must be slow and with pet and any deviation from the perfection should be severely punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    I'm sorry but burning rush is an infintely better out of combat mobility skill than most other classes have (rogues come to mind for example)