Destro PVP lock questions!

I don't make threads lightly and I have scoured the internet for info with very little success. Look for yourself, there is virtually no destruction warlock arena footage in 7.3 lol

Basically I'm looking for 7.3 videos/streams of higher rated destruction warlocks. Meldiva is affliction or demo and hates destruction. wallirik doesn't really stream too often and has only affliction or demo in his vods. There is a couple others but none of them have relevant destruction game play.

So in my search I then turn to looking for written guides. And as you would suspect they have conflicting information. Big chaos bolt? cremation? info all over the place. Then I turn to looking at high rated players armory and suspect most use big bolt as they are using soul harvest (can't see honor talents in armory) But the question remains of what is the comp they are running?

My question is what talent set-ups are you using and more importantly what is your comp at the 2k and beyond range?

Deleted
    The answer is simple: Dont. Play. Destruction.

Unless u love getting asswhooped by any melee in a 50 mile radius.

There's a reason why highlevel players tend to play aff/demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I don't make threads lightly and I have scoured the internet for info with very little success. Look for yourself, there is virtually no destruction warlock arena footage in 7.3 lol

Basically I'm looking for 7.3 videos/streams of higher rated destruction warlocks. Meldiva is affliction or demo and hates destruction. wallirik doesn't really stream too often and has only affliction or demo in his vods. There is a couple others but none of them have relevant destruction game play.

So in my search I then turn to looking for written guides. And as you would suspect they have conflicting information. Big chaos bolt? cremation? info all over the place. Then I turn to looking at high rated players armory and suspect most use big bolt as they are using soul harvest (can't see honor talents in armory) But the question remains of what is the comp they are running?

My question is what talent set-ups are you using and more importantly what is your comp at the 2k and beyond range?

Non-Pvp talents:

Level 1: Backdraft

Level 30: Reverse Entropy

Level 45: Mortal coil in 90% of cases. If they have a comp that will stick on top of you then demonic circle

Level 60: Soul Harvest

Level 75: Demon Skin

Level 90: Grimoire of Service

Level 100: Channel Demonfire, when use correctly is almost like an execute ability

PvP talents

Gladiators Medallion

Mine Quickness

Curses you change out for what you are facing

Nether ward

Cremation is what you use if you need to CC down targets for a longer game. Focused Chaos is what you use if you want to blow up a target for a short game

Entrenched in flame

In terms of the comp we've used to get over 2k, we kind of use a meme comp. 2 destro locks and either a MW monk or restro druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    The answer is simple: Dont. Play. Destruction.

Unless u love getting asswhooped by any melee in a 50 mile radius.

There's a reason why highlevel players tend to play aff/demo.
    Mortal coil + curse of weakness + entrenched in flame = dead melee

I appreciate the response @Shaqthefat. This is around what I think was the general talents. Usual comps involve a restro shaman and frost dk I think?
    And yes there is truth to what Kimk said. While the streamers play demonology more and more and I wouldn't mind figuring out why, they run into destruction warlocks far more then other demos. There just really isn't as much info out there as you would think there would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Non-Pvp talents:

Level 1: Backdraft

Level 30: Reverse Entropy

Level 45: Mortal coil in 90% of cases. If they have a comp that will stick on top of you then demonic circle

Level 60: Soul Harvest

Level 75: Demon Skin

Level 90: Grimoire of Service

Level 100: Channel Demonfire, when use correctly is almost like an execute ability

PvP talents

Gladiators Medallion

Mine Quickness

Curses you change out for what you are facing

Nether ward

Cremation is what you use if you need to CC down targets for a longer game. Focused Chaos is what you use if you want to blow up a target for a short game

Entrenched in flame

In terms of the comp we've used to get over 2k, we kind of use a meme comp. 2 destro locks and either a MW monk or restro druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Mortal coil + curse of weakness + entrenched in flame = dead melee
    Do that vs AMS and ret comps i want to see it.

I appreciate the response @Shaqthefat. This is around what I think was the general talents. Usual comps involve a restro shaman and frost dk I think?
    And yes there is truth to what Kimk said. While the streamers play demonology more and more and I wouldn't mind figuring out why, they run into destruction warlocks far more then other demos. There just really isn't as much info out there as you would think there would be.
    A lot of it has to do with the decline in popularity for warlocks as a whole. I also think they might be getting into demo is that people are starting to figure out how the spec works and are getting comfortable with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    Do that vs AMS and ret comps i want to see it.

Those are the two that are a huge struggle, but we've beat them

Just Don't.

Unless you enjoy pain for pain's sake?
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Just Don't.

Unless you enjoy pain for pain's sake?
    But why though? Thats part of the question. When watching streams destruction is regularly encountered all the way up to 2550 and higher. So it must work in it's own way. That's part of the mystery of why there is virtually no footage of current destro

My advice is not to play Destruction in serious PvP. You'll get focused, trained and wrecked by every single melee out there and you won't be able to cast much.

Ah sorry I misread it, maybe it's because Destro gameplay wouldn't be very interesting to watch?

All you'd get to see is a train buttraping the Destro lock while he futilely tries to hardcast because everything is hardcast while his teammates are the ones killing the opposition?

Also numbers overall of people playing are very low right now it's kind of a mini drought between TOS and Antorus it seems and due to lock being one of the lowest played classes in any case there wouldn't be too many around especially ones who find PvPing into the face of the melee choochoo and making vids appealing.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Ah sorry I misread it, maybe it's because Destro gameplay wouldn't be very interesting to watch?

All you'd get to see is a train buttraping the Destro lock while he futilely tries to hardcast because everything is hardcast while his teammates are the ones killing the opposition?

Also numbers overall of people playing are very low right now it's kind of a mini drought between TOS and Antorus it seems and due to lock being one of the lowest played classes in any case there wouldn't be too many around especially ones who find PvPing into the face of the melee choochoo and making vids appealing.
    It's just weird you know? Looking at something like arenamate, the vast majority play destruction. Followed by affliction and then demo. Even with all this representation there is little out there to learn from. Maybe I'll just give demo a shot for a while. And also stop watching old pvp videos of destruction when it was a hell of a lot of fun

Deleted
    Yeah, destro is worth shit now a day. It is really is sad, how Blizzard fucked up destructions pvp ability over this expansion. I miss the early days of legion with bane of havoc instant immolate and spamming shadowburn, so much mobility, but those times are all but over, now we are just free HK.

Deleted
    But why though? Thats part of the question. When watching streams destruction is regularly encountered all the way up to 2550 and higher. So it must work in it's own way. That's part of the mystery of why there is virtually no footage of current destro
    Well the answer to this is 3 part really.

Firstly yes you will encounter Destro above 2.2k but they will be severely limited to certain comps within that meta. Destro's lack of flexability in terms of the type of partner support it needs is very weak and even when partnered with the right class/player then the execution required for high level of play is not worth the effort in a lot of the cases when you can be just as successful if not more with another class for half the effort.

Secondly is for every player playing a particular spec only a tiny percentage of them will be high rated and then only a tiny percent of those players will actually stream, so when you have a rare spec, in comparison to others its very unlikely that you will have someone streaming as well. Mostly those players are die hard destro's i.e Cobrak in his day before he gave up wow. Those that do like to stream at a high level will also most likely be playing something else for the above reasons also i mean look at Snutzy, probably one of the most famous locks and over the last few seasons he's hardly touched the class and when he has its mostly been demo or a little affliction.

Lastly after all of that you have to consider the playerbase itself, you are asking 2 other people to let you play a niche spec that is super weak in a lot of circumstances, unless you are playing with long time friends or just for shits and giggles, you are going to have a very hard time to find partners who will play with a destro or accept the effort it will require to get good with the comps available. Its a struggle even now to find a good team as a lock nevermind as a destro in the current super melee heavy cleave meta.

Also on a side note, when people stream, they want viewers the majority of the time as that attracts sponsers/add revenue, so why would they stream such an unpopular spec that only a tiny percentage of the possible twitch subscribers will actively seek out.

Destro is god tier in 3v3 right now, don't listen to the scrubs here.

Here's the basic talents/pvp talents u need to know : http://www.skill-capped.com/content/...s-compositions.

Here's the current meta tier list for all specs + comps ( scroll down to see it ) : http://www.skill-capped.com/content/...wow-tier-list/.

With proper cds management and ability usage + synergy you will destroy most comps , melee cleaves included.

Deleted
    Tempted to weigh in with wholol, though I don't have much to say besides what he's already posted.

Affliction feels pretty mediocre right now despite being my comfort pick, been playing a fair bit as destro this season in a mad dash to get a saddle before the season ends. Feels like it accomplishes more vs the retarded melee comps that flood the brackets, while you suffer pretty badly if melee sit on you you're tankier than affliction and can often live through it and / or put out enough pressure that they need to try to survive instead of being recklessly aggressive.

Both of the specs feel pretty limp against the comps that seem popular on ladder, but destro is as good if not better than affliction half the time - it's certainly not as bad as half the thread makes out. It's often frustrating to play with how much you can be shut down, but even when coming out of games that have "felt" bad the performance in hindsight is often high.