7+ Year Old Account

Help with Elemental DPS (logs included)

Hi,

Never really played Shaman before and decided to try it. Elemental is really fun and took it to a raid environment. I'd really appreciate some feedback on how I can improve my damage.

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...lscream/yavana (It includes new loot from the following log)
    Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wmYVg6LMyX9A8kzP (second raid)

First parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...dps&bracket=-1 (My first raid yielded decent numbers, so I'm curious what I did wrong the second attempt)

I just recently returned to my shaman so i am no pro I us this tool to see if i made anything horribly wrong, but click on Minor Importance. I may still be doing things wrong but it has definately worked for me with on my first HC raid after focusing on Ele again.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/wmYVg...+(4:11)/Yavana

Dont worry about totem mastery uptime. Doesn't seem to work correctly as i saw in your logs that you had 100% uptime.

First of all i would maybe while you learn go with a really simple build being: 15-Path of Flame, 60-Ancestral Switftness, 75-Elemental Blast, 90-Echo and 100-Ascendance. It is not the most optimal build at high level but for learning i find it the best.

In short though from looking over some kills:
    - Cast Elemental blast on CD.
    - Get to 100% uptime on Flame Shock and make sure its always buffed by Elemental Focus. On Demonic Inquisition you need to be prepared for Fel Squall and Bone Saw by refreshing dots before these.
    - Try to work on your downtime as it is too high (Stand still and always be casting) and use 2 pots.
    - Your opener i would suggest doing different. Precast Ele Blast > Flame Shock > 2x Lava Burst > Flame Shock again > Fire Ele > Ascendance > go nuts with Lava Burst. I have sometimes done Stormkeeper prepull which means u get 3 Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning in before Ascendance.

Also You are a Shaman so get that Heroism out ASAP. It will hurt your DPS by a lot if its not up from 0,5 seconds in to the fight.

Lastly dont be too worried about it. Your ilvl logs are actually not bad at all. You dont have 4 set and you only have one legendary
    Last edited by Zhazi; 2017-10-15 at 10:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhazi View Post
    I just recently returned to my shaman so i am no pro I us this tool to see if i made anything horribly wrong, but click on Minor Importance. I may still be doing things wrong but it has definately worked for me with on my first HC raid after focusing on Ele again.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/wmYVg...+(4:11)/Yavana

Dont worry about totem mastery uptime. Doesn't seem to work correctly as i saw in your logs that you had 100% uptime.

First of all i would maybe while you learn go with a really simple build being: 15-Path of Flame, 60-Ancestral Switftness, 75-Elemental Blast, 90-Echo and 100-Ascendance. It is not the most optimal build at high level but for learning i find it the best.

In short though from looking over some kills:
    - Cast Elemental blast on CD.
    - Get to 100% uptime on Flame Shock and make sure its always buffed by Elemental Focus. On Demonic Inquisition you need to be prepared for Fel Squall and Bone Saw by refreshing dots before these.
    - Try to work on your downtime as it is too high (Stand still and always be casting) and use 2 pots.
    - Your opener i would suggest doing different. Precast Ele Blast > Flame Shock > 2x Lava Burst > Flame Shock again > Fire Ele > Ascendance > go nuts with Lava Burst. I have sometimes done Stormkeeper prepull which means u get 3 Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning in before Ascendance.

Also You are a Shaman so get that Heroism out ASAP. It will hurt your DPS by a lot if its not up from 0,5 seconds in to the fight.

Lastly dont be too worried about it. Your ilvl logs are actually not bad at all. You dont have 4 set and you only have one legendary
    Thank you for taking the time. You are correct, Elemental blast needs to be up near 100% Sometimes when there is aoe I focus on chain lightning and forget about elemental blast.

I think sticking with Totem Mastery is better than Path of Flame since it needs a high level of mastery and my totem uptime is good.

Yes, Earth shock needs better uptime too. I try to refresh it when it's unbuffed with about 9 seconds remaining and elemental focus is available. On discord someone thought that I was using it as a filler, but was only following instructions from icy veins.

I try to follow the Icy Veins opener (which i sometimes fail at)

- Totem Mastery
    - Fire Elemental
    - Potion of Prolonged Power
    - Lightning Bolt
    - Flame Shock
    - Lava Burst x2
    - Elemental Blast
    - Flame Shock
    - Ascendance
    - Earth Shock when you Maelstrom cap.

Your rotation sounds better to be honest I will definately try it. Opening with Elemental Blast instead of lightning bolt makes a lot of sense. Shaman Restoration is my main spec, but will definately try to get a second Elemental legendary. Hopefully I can get the 4P soon (Need either leggings or chestpiece)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post

Your rotation sounds better to be honest I will definately try it. Opening with Elemental Blast instead of lightning bolt makes a lot of sense. Shaman Restoration is my main spec, but will definately try to get a second Elemental legendary. Hopefully I can get the 4P soon (Need either leggings or chestpiece)
    If you have a Sephuz you should definately use that. Short interupt CD and EQ works so well with this. Prydaz for raw stats can also work well or the new ring thats is not spec specific.

Hi, my name is Jimbob and your post caught my eye so I decided do a log review based on your post!

First a little bit about myself for credibility, I main ele sham and am currently 4/9M this tier (not the best I know..) and I feel that I know quite a bit about the class.

Here are my links:
    Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rmrage/jimmbob
    Warcraft Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/21787030

Here is the video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=WOHzZ3qXlpM

A few additional links that might help:

Storm, Earth and Lava - http://stormearthandlava.com/
    This website is dedicated to providing all of the information that us ele shams need to succeed!

Sorry for rambling too much in the video, bad habit of mine. And sorry for the bottle cap closing at the beginning, I suck at cropping... Hope this helps!

Also, if you have any other questions feel free to post them and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Smae; 2017-10-17 at 08:38 AM.

Hi! Im not the best elemental shaman to be honest, but i saw that you are using the "lightningt rod" talent while focusing on stacking critical chance at the same time. I would recomend you to get more haste if you want to use the lightning rod talent, it gave me better results since you get to cast more lightning bolts/chain lightnings during the proc.

Hope this helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Thanks for the tips, I've recently picked up my old shammy and this thread really helped.

With your current build, run Ascendancy for single target, lightning rod for cleave fights. I say this because you're high crit.
    If theres high mobility required, drop elemental blast for the god elemental. If it's single target.. uncheck that elementals fire nova.
    What legendaries your going to get will change the way your going to build your class.

Refer to storm earth and lava.
    Understand now.. you are SQUISHY act accordingly.

Other than that, enjoy your time as a straight up thundergod.

I think my experience can help people since my dps improved from 1M to 1.4M with the same item level.
    - When I started raiding, my Item level was 940 but I did not have the right stats. And only utiliy legendaries. My dps was 900k
    - I farmed gear of the same item level that would give me optimal stats (1haste, 0.85crit,0.80mastery). My item level was 943. my dps increased to 1.05M
    - Once I got the 4piece bonus (my itel level dropped to 940). My dps increased to 1.25M
    - I got a stat boost when used trinket. When To use at the same time as ascendence. My dps increased to 1.3M
    - I got a dps legendary and added an addon that would remind me to drop totem mastery. DPS rose to 1.35M
    This is when using ascendence build and single target. In cleave fights I go around 1.7M to 2.2M

Side note: Trinkets can make a huge difference. My 880 trinket that boost my intelect by 4000 when poped (1min cooldown) is as strong as my 940il moongard trinket that is suposedly "best in slot" for ele shaman. The reason being that the 890 trinket has the same cooldown as stormkeeper. And so they their combination is stronger than a trinket that has a cooldown differing from "ascendence" or "stormkeeper".

Another important note: The neck utility trinket can boost your dps much more than pure dps legendary if you lack stats.

Jump into LFR and get the 4pc bonus. The cooldown reduction has great uptime on fire elemental/storm elemental whichever you choose. It also helps on fight you have to move on.