Poll: Increase Level Cap or continue with Masteries?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Increased Level Cap or Mastery

I actually like the way Masteries are done.

Not so much HoT, but I guess their idea was, do world map objectives before continuing with the story. This only effects your main character however.

I also like how gear does not become outdated, it takes a lot of time to craft Ascended gear.

Apologies if this has been done before.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-10-20 at 11:46 AM.

If I had a choice.

Increased level cap with new gear at said cap. Prefer working towards that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I had a choice.

Increased level cap with new gear at said cap. Prefer working towards that.
    With an increase to level cap, perhaps they could do a system to improve your Ascended gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    With an increase to level cap, perhaps they could do a system to improve your Ascended gear.
    That would be pretty cool I guess.

Although I'd be happy with new gear in general.

Of course they seem happy doing the Mastery system and while I dislike it I will admit it's nice to see something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    nice to see something different.
    As a WoW player, this is the main reason I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As a WoW player, this is the main reason I like it.
    As a MMO player in general. I dislike the system. But kudos for them to trying something different and if people enjoy it then good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allow us to infuse and attune armor/weapons...thats it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I hate level cap raises and the subsequent gear changes. Even though the mastery system isn't ideal, I'll take it every day of the week over increased level caps.

Yeah, the lack of a gear treadmill is one of the main reasons I prefer GW2. At least now other MMO's have a wardrobe/transmog whatever system so you're not just wearing whatever ugly gear you have to because the new tier makes your old stuff useless. Especially sucked in WoW with their "raids first" system where if you didn't raid you were always second place.

Still seems pointless to have to fight your way back to parity every time some new patch comes out.

As for the actual topic of levels vs mastery, I like mastery being additional powers themed to the episode. Not just powers or specs with a level gain. I do think PoF did much better than HoT, since half of the HoT masteries are things I didn't care if I had anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Mastery system is good in a way that you get to keep your gear forever at BiS. But the downside of that is each new map or expansion that they release will never get harder, sure they can add more mob AI or make them use more spells, but once you have a meta build all mobs die instantly anyway making open world a huge faceroll. It's good that they are making the high end fractals (mini dungeons) quite difficult though.

what profession are you using that makes everything die instantly in the open world?

90% of the reason GW2 is a better MMO than the rest is that your gear isn't invalidated with the release of a new expansion. You might need to tweak it a little but you're still at the gear cap if you're at the gear cap. Hate downgrading into the clownsuit that comes with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    what profession are you using that makes everything die instantly in the open world?
    I dunno about instantly killing, but I'm playing Celestial or Viper's Reaper and any group that has less than 5 veterans just isn't a threat to me.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I can see Reapers doing well.

My Elementalist Weaver, which has ascended everything, struggles a lot with the veteran awakened abominations. Veteran smokescales can kick my butt as well

There's more than enough MMOs on the market with ever-climbing level caps that essentially invalidate any and all gear, thus restarting the treadmill. I get my fill of that from FF14 currently. I'd rather see GW2 continue to do something a bit different, as they have with the masteries, and I would hope to see other developers take note that you don't have to follow ye ol' MMO blueprint we've mostly been stuck with since WoW.

Deleted
    Increasing level cap would not change anything. Level are so easy to gain, its not WoW

Are levels hard to get in WoW? It's been so long since I've played but I recall it was fairly straight forward. I played Aion when it first came out and that was a true leveling grind.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do not increase level cap. GW2 is not WoW.

Deleted
    But level in gW2 is just a joke. You can 1-80 in a day.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellofrag View Post
    But level in GW2 is just a joke. You can 1-80 in a day.
    You can 1-100 in WoW in a day as well. That's not the point, little fella. Levels aren't that important in GW2.

Deleted
    If anything; decrease max level and keep masteries.