Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can't say I've had the same problem, but the difference is that I do outdated mythic raids with my partner. We put group loot on, and several items drop.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We should get what pvp has
    when you do dungeons or raids you get tokens you can use at a vendor to get all the weapons, armors, or mounts/pets from a raid for X currency from a vendor outside the raid.

Or

doing a raid gets you tokens from each boss, using those tokens at a vendor you can buy all the mounts/pets armor/weapons
    icc invincable costs 200 tokens, the pets cost 10 each
    armor costs 3 per, or 60 for all, weapons 6 each or 120 for all.
    Visible progress is 100000x better then any RNG currently, I'm so behind a progress bar/currency system for any of this, including legendaries if they keep them...

Especially when raids have weekly lockouts.

Not saying this would be implemented for the whole game, but for legacy content, why not, as more is ever added.

Alternative ways to get stuff over time is better then "luck"

Now obviously another option would be to have the game detect personal loot when solo and only drop useable items like it does in most 7.3 vanilla dungeons. It would greatly eliminate loot-table RNG when some have 10-20 items on it. The only thing it would remove is like the ability for warriors and such to get ranged weapons.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-18 at 02:38 AM.

I think it’s fine. Convert it to raid by making a group in premade group finder, switch on group loot and you’re good to go.

That or do it with a buddy. Either way works.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I think it’s fine. Convert it to raid by making a group in premade group finder, switch on group loot and you’re good to go.

That or do it with a buddy. Either way works.
    yes, and doing BWL for 12 weeks to finally get 1 of 12 items off a boss when 2 drop at a time is the best ;3

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, and doing BWL for 12 weeks to finally get 1 of 12 items off a boss when 2 drop at a time is the best ;3
    This is why they need 100% personal loot in MC/BWL etc, when solo even moreso.

And I don't mean shitty LFR personal loot with a "chance" to drop an item, but just 100% guaranteed like 7.3 vanilla dungeons have, that were changed.

Just don't cut down the number of items anymore depending on solo size, but treat it as a full raid, similar to like cata heroic 25 man just drops like 6+ items or whatever, don't cut that down to 1 item, weekly lockout is shit as-is. Drop at LEAST 2-4 useable items per boss.

It worked great in Stratholme/BRD and the liked with fairly large loot tables cut down to 1-5 items at most depending on spec/class.

Places like Ring of Law in BRD is actual completable now, still heavy RNG due to random spawns, but at least it's only 1-2 items per boss now instead of random boss + random armor type drop...

Now the only downside of that are cross-class items, like ranged weapons for warriors/rogues, but really, if you want to transmog a gun/bow, you use a hunter anyway.....

Of course any system will still drop ring/neck/trinket with 0 transmog option , but that's just how the game loot works.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-18 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They won't change it. It keeps you playing.
    No, Blizzard isn't worried about the few hundred (maybe dozens?) of people who keep their sub active because they are trying to get gear in a WoD raid lol. Come on people, think.

The real tragedy in farming Xmog is old LFRs, they are stuck on personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    The issue, from there perspective, has nothing to do with the transmog. It has to do with gold.

Having raids beyond cata drop multiple items would increase the gold people get. Since the complexity of the raid is all but gone, they adjust what they can to limit the farming capacity of raids. When Next expack drops, expect that MoP will get the treatment that older legacy tiers did. where gold from bosses and gear is devalued, but equalized.
    then reduce the drop value to 1 copper, the workaround of creating a private group only work for mythic were the size don't scale, but if you enter all the other difficulties the group size scale automatically to the minimum (10man) and drop less (2 item) with Group loot i found no way to force the group size to 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    The real tragedy in farming Xmog is old LFRs, they are stuck on personal loot.
    Yeah, agreed. Go to ToT 25-heroic, get 5-6 pieces per kill. Do same dungeon on LFR, chance for 1 piece. /feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    There is no "cosmetic gear distribution issue" (defuck, congratz on inventing bullshit)

You wanting your tmog right away is not an issue with the game but with your own entitlement .
    This. If you don't want to grind for something don't play an MMO. This isn't easy bake oven, things take time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    how do you think we could go about bring this to their attention and getting some well-deserved changes to those things that will make this process more even?
    By unsubbing and explaining the xmog failures in your unsub note. Nothing else will make any difference and even that possibly won't either.