Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Major issue with SP games for a publisher is this. You buy the game, you buy the expansions/DLC and thats it. So lets say thats 60-80-100 bucks. Well okay then. However these publishers obviously want more money.... I mean no shit,, this is what companies want. MP games are the same as SP, you have a base game and some expansion/DLC, but now its a multi player game and thus automatically will last longer with less content. You just need some maps, some game play and thats about it, a single player game would need NPCS, writing, more mechanics, etc, etc. But since MP games last longer and have longer running audiencess, they are more likely to buy more micro transactions

Thats why we see more MP games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dead Space was the best horror game I've ever did.

Loved Dante's Inferno too.

I have some hope for Bonfire studios, the Blizzard retirement home. But other than that, mostly publishing fucking studios over. I'm sure Activision is meddling in Blizz affairs too since Bonfire Studios make a point of being "independent". Kinda makes me think they left cus of Activision and the ability to do whatever they wanted to create.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Space franchise may not be dead, games have been rebooted with different studio and with success in the past. For exemple, crystal dynamics took the tomb raider franchise from the hand of core design after the catastrophe of angel of darkness, and produce a very good reboot, tomb raider legend, and under the same publisher, eidos.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Major issue with SP games for a publisher is this. You buy the game, you buy the expansions/DLC and thats it. So lets say thats 60-80-100 bucks. Well okay then. However these publishers obviously want more money.... I mean no shit,, this is what companies want. MP games are the same as SP, you have a base game and some expansion/DLC, but now its a multi player game and thus automatically will last longer with less content. You just need some maps, some game play and thats about it, a single player game would need NPCS, writing, more mechanics, etc, etc. But since MP games last longer and have longer running audiencess, they are more likely to buy more micro transactions

Also why modding and fan made expansions or total rebuilds are now a no-no. Can't let the consumer have fun for free if you can charge for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA is a cancer to this world

Well in other news it looks like they put a hard daily cap on none cash based progression in battlefront 2. its really EA's time to shine this month eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well in other news it looks like they put a hard daily cap on none cash based progression in battlefront 2. its really EA's time to shine this month eh?
    Hey come on now, you don't want kids spending a unhealthy amount of time playing a video game to get virtual goodies.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

For arcade mode vs bots only, not for multiplayer. It's apparently to prevent folks from just spamming vs. AI for easy wins or something. It was in the beta as well apparently.

Deleted
    It's really sad to see that the gaming industry is moving into the open world territory and shoving it into genres/franchises where it doesn't really work. I'm looking at games like Far Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    No one realises that SW:BF2 will have a rather complex/expensive singleplayer? Why would they do that if they believe SP is dead.
    Do not mind if I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect of another Dice-done single-player 'experience'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Just bullshit. The best games have had a long life and slow 'death curve' and you know why? The content was still being created (and is) by modders. Morrowind keeps still selling quite well these days for example and has active modding community. And then be re-released as 'Enhcanted Edition' to be re-bought with most mods built in, like in case of BG and Planescape.

The problem isn't that it'd not be profitable, the problem is that modern games are built as closed systems to milk out as much from the initial wave as possible before everyone moves on to next bit, longevity be damned.

And this is funny in case of MP games because unless you're a big industry name, at this point you'll die sooner despite the effort rather than later with all that work wasted. See Battleborn. Hell, even big name launches struggle on the MP front. Titanfall and Destiny 1 barely made it even if even that if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2017-10-22 at 11:03 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Is the star wars game the one with the boring bounty hunter concept, the one with only numbers as a working title? Either way, it sounds horrible what they intend to do there, essentially they seem to bend it over the next rock and fuck it sidesways with all the terrible new stuff that EA loves oh'so'much today, like microtransactions, tacked on multiplayer, etc. All focus tested and sure-fire forgettable in less than a week.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they need to beat activision after they literally patented evil, EA can't stand losing to them .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-10-22 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you can skip this by paying money.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    And you can skip this by paying money.
    I think it is pretty clear(even in the "beloved" League of legends, people downplay the runes but they are basically everything) that these micro transaction models fail to simultaneously be compelling and avoid affecting gameplay. I would love to just get an answer what the box price needs to be to get rid of them but micro transactions are a bottomless pit of money for some companies(gta v, serious wtf) and everyone is desperate to replicate the phenomenon.

We are doomed to AAA multiplayer micro transaction bullshit forever imo.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I would love to just get an answer what the box price needs to be to get rid of them but micro transactions are a bottomless pit of money for some companies(gta v, serious wtf) and everyone is desperate to replicate the phenomenon.

We are doomed to AAA multiplayer micro transaction bullshit forever imo.
    There is no box price high enough to replace literally infinite amount of money repeatable purchases generate.

Shame loved Dead space 1&2, sound design and atmosphere was top notch, acually never even tried dead space 3 but from i have heard i didnt miss much.

Though you never know some other studio might feel like rebooting the serie.

As it turned out, EA will revamp the SW game in the make so they can maximize the microtransactions in it, one of Visceral's designer himself said it in Waypoint's latest podcast. Brave new world for the gaming industry...

As Bioware-Montreal-Developer Manveer Heir stated in his latest interview with Vice EA gave the order to include MPs for SP-games to make lootboxes and such viable. Supposedly some players spent more than 15.000 $ on those. It is a revenue stream that is just too big for companies to ignore. Looks like i'll vote with my wallet and not buy a few upcoming games. Ah, who am i kiddin', i need the money for other things anyway.

Edit: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty obvious after their last games
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    pretty obvious after their last games
    Not sure anyone could have salvaged a cops and robbers game that needs to be a modern military shooter at the same time though.. For that scenario to work it either needs to be a heist game or into the direction rainbow six / counter strike imho.