MM M+ Legendaries

Currently have the gloves, belt, and boots on my hunter. I see almost everywhere telling me to use the belt for m+, for trash at least. However, I'm not sure if I'm not using it right.

It feels like the gloves/boots are just better 100% of the time, unless I can consistantly multishot 7 or 8+ targets at once. Am I just doing something wrong with the belt? Or are gloves/boots actually a better combo on higher keys where the group isn't pulling large trash packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Currently have the gloves, belt, and boots on my hunter. I see almost everywhere telling me to use the belt for m+, for trash at least. However, I'm not sure if I'm not using it right.

It feels like the gloves/boots are just better 100% of the time, unless I can consistantly multishot 7 or 8+ targets at once. Am I just doing something wrong with the belt? Or are gloves/boots actually a better combo on higher keys where the group isn't pulling large trash packs?
    The belt doesn't have to be hitting 20 stacks constantly to be effective. Even on 2 consistent targets, the belt beats the gloves. It's just giving you consistently higher damage on aimed shots, nothing flashy unless you're hitting 20, but the damage bonus is definitely there and notable.

On bosses, gloves/boots are better (st bosses) but outside of that, no, belt is definitely better. Why do you think gloves would beat belt? Belt is flat dps increase on aoe, you're using trickshot ofc right? So your stronger aimed shots are bouncing, increasing your aoe damage. That's significantly better than a minor crit increase chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The belt doesn't have to be hitting 20 stacks constantly to be effective. Even on 2 consistent targets, the belt beats the gloves. It's just giving you consistently higher damage on aimed shots, nothing flashy unless you're hitting 20, but the damage bonus is definitely there and notable.

On bosses, gloves/boots are better (st bosses) but outside of that, no, belt is definitely better. Why do you think gloves would beat belt? Belt is flat dps increase on aoe, you're using trickshot ofc right? So your stronger aimed shots are bouncing, increasing your aoe damage. That's significantly better than a minor crit increase chance.
    In his defense, marginally smaller numbers don't feel as good all the time. Feels suuuuuper nice when you get that perfect 20 stack Aimed Shot though.

Don't think of the belt as you needing 20 stacks for it to be good, but rather as a passive bonus after every multishot (which is basically every pull other than ST bosses). Even with just 3-4 stacks the bonus is strong enough for belt to outclass gloves; so you don't really have to game it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    In his defense, marginally smaller numbers don't feel as good all the time. Feels suuuuuper nice when you get that perfect 20 stack Aimed Shot though.
    15% crit every second aimed shot is pretty marginal and hard to notice as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    15% crit every second aimed shot is pretty marginal and hard to notice as well though.
    That's fair I suppose.

wow did you really get gloves, belt, and boots as your first three legionaries?

Make two gear-sets,
    TRASH: belt/boots (and 2pc T20, 2pc T19, 2pc A/C set)
    BOSSES: gloves/boots (and 4pcT20 2pc A/C set)

niche legendary uses:
    High Tyrannical Keys: replace gloves with prydaz
    Upper Karazhan: you could spec true aim and use class ring
    Ivanyr & Vandros (Arcway): I replace gloves with sephuz

Lol well, I guess maybe I just like being able to cast AS while moving too much that the belt just feels worse to me. Thanks for the replies, Ill switch to using the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    wow did you really get gloves, belt, and boots as your first three legionaries?

Make two gear-sets,
    TRASH: belt/boots (and 2pc T20, 2pc T19, 2pc A/C set)
    BOSSES: gloves/boots (and 4pcT20 2pc A/C set)

niche legendary uses:
    High Tyrannical Keys: replace gloves with prydaz
    Ivanyr & Vandros (Arcway): I replace gloves with sephuz
    Yeah those were my first three

Lol well, I guess maybe I just like being able to cast AS while moving too much that the belt just feels worse to me. Thanks for the replies, Ill switch to using the belt.

Yeah those were my first three
    Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    Class ring is a no, unless the Upper Kara is tyrannical and over 20, AND you don't have a ST spec in your group. Because even in upper kara, you want 1 aoe spec, and hunter does it one of the best, because our ST is still good when we go AoE.

Hi, guys.
    Have all MM legendaries.

The best ST dps I have with Huntmaster, but TA don't synergy well with AOE trash fights.

So what is better - LnL, belt on trash and gloves on bosses, or TA and belt on the trash and Huntmaster on the bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Hi, guys.
    Have all MM legendaries.

The best ST dps I have with Huntmaster, but TA don't synergy well with AOE trash fights.

So what is better - LnL, belt on trash and gloves on bosses, or TA and belt on the trash and Huntmaster on the bosses?
    Belt+Boots aoe, then Prydaz/Gloves+Boots on the bosses, you don't use huntmaster in m+, because you can't ever switch talents in m+

Belt+Boots aoe, then Prydaz/Gloves+Boots on the bosses, you don't use huntmaster in m+, because you can't ever switch talents in m+
    Lately I prefer Pridaz, because ppl always fck up, but this neck never fails

You ranked boots over gloves on bosses, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Lately I prefer Pridaz, because ppl always fck up, but this neck never fails

You ranked boots over gloves on bosses, why?
    Typically because it'll mean you get 2-3 trueshots on a boss, instead of 1, or on lower keys, 1 and then it's ready for the next trash pack.

It's different to boss fights in raids, where it only matters what happens on the singular boss fight, but in m+ what happens immediately after matters too. But you should sim it, and if gloves are way ahead for you, then prydaz+gloves, just for me personally (I should have mentioned that) boots are much better, as my replacement boots are terrible.

Typically because it'll mean you get 2-3 trueshots on a boss, instead of 1, or on lower keys, 1 and then it's ready for the next trash pack.

It's different to boss fights in raids, where it only matters what happens on the singular boss fight, but in m+ what happens immediately after matters too. But you should sim it, and if gloves are way ahead for you, then prydaz+gloves, just for me personally (I should have mentioned that) boots are much better, as my replacement boots are terrible.
    Thx a lot.

I almost always take huntmaster into m+ with primary gear sets being belt/boots, prydaz/ring & sephuz/boots (speedset). I've been pretty lazy with M+ since the MDI but nothings changed since 7.2.5 and huntmaster is still one of the strongest high m+ legendaries.

Having said that however, if you're serious about M+ pickup BM, it's damage is comparable to MM, ESPECIALLY on non-fort weeks and you bring a brez/ hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnqtxoxo View Post
    I almost always take huntmaster into m+ with primary gear sets being belt/boots, prydaz/ring & sephuz/boots (speedset). I've been pretty lazy with M+ since the MDI but nothings changed since 7.2.5 and huntmaster is still one of the strongest high m+ legendaries.

Having said that however, if you're serious about M+ pickup BM, it's damage is comparable to MM, ESPECIALLY on non-fort weeks and you bring a brez/ hero.
    If you're using huntmaster into m+, you can't switch between legendaries (in your huntsmaster slot) so it's useless on aoe. Because if you go huntmaster for 1 boss, then switch off after, lnl is removed from your talents, and you then have 0 talents in that row, and can't activate one.

And no, the damage isn't that close to MM, but if you have no brezs, that's where it gains value. Not lust, because MM will do enough damage more than BM, to by far make up for the 5% lost on lusts.

You might use huntmaster in m+, but outside of extremely high TYRANNICAL, on very specific dungeons, that's a terrible choice.