Poll: Progression Vs. Drops

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    I am the complete opposite, they killed this game for me. All the grinding for specific transmogs for every class ruined.
    Huh? Each weapon has 6 different appearances and 4 different skins for each. That is 24 different transmog appearances per spec....for a total of 888 different combinations.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    Blizzard has said that the artifacts we've obtained will not follow us into 8.0 but what will happen? Would you prefer another weapon you get at 110 and upgrade to max level? Or drops from bosses/quests like it was before?
    Looking at the trend, I'd guess it's going to be random drops from random mobs with random stat enchants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not missing normal weapon drops at all
    artifact was one of the best features added in legion

I'm okay with artifacts, to an extent. I just wish we werne't locked into them as a specific weapon type. Like, my demon hunter can use fist weapons and daggers, but it doesn't matter, cause I can't xmog warglaives to fist weapons or daggers. My feral druid is stuck with dual daggers, something literally no feral druid ever used, so now I'm stuck looking like a budget rogue when I'm not questing, instead of using the cool looking polearms and staves the class has used for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts smooth out the RNG with weapon upgrading by being split into three relic slots, which is good. If there was something I hated, it was being stuck with a weapon from previous difficulty/tier because of bad luck on drops.
    I wish they would build on that. Going back to RNG weapon drops will be terrible...

I am the complete opposite, they killed this game for me. All the grinding for specific transmogs for every class ruined.
    Yeah, because everyone knows they removed all weapons ever added to the game from vanilla through WoD, and even if the rumor is wrong and they didn't it's not like it's possible to mog over your artifact with one of them. Oh wait. It is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Huh? Each weapon has 6 different appearances and 4 different skins for each. That is 24 different transmog appearances per spec....for a total of 888 different combinations.....
    And if you don't like any of them you can always mog over the artifact and use any applicable mog look over it.

If it wasn't for relying on specific weapon traits, or if it wasn't so damn hard to get your good relic traits I'd say artifacts over weapon drops easily. I really did not like waiting for a particular boss to drop a particular weapon and then being in line to get that weapon just because I was a tank.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    I really miss the old dropp system!
    Always as exiting when a new ride tire released to get your new ones!

But then again,i haven't raided for years and i don't even leave the AH in Ironforge nowdays so i don't care really..
    Weapon drops felt super awesome back in the day, but if you haven't raided in Legion then you wouldn't understand what a huge pain in the ass titanforging is and how detrimental it'll be for classes that rely on their weapons (and even more so for dual wielding classes). Imagine the difference between a 955 and a 930 weapon. Now imagine the different between a guy who has 3 930 relics and a guy who has two 930s and one 955. The gap is still there, but it's not very significantly.

To put this into perspective in a different way: Imagine if you opened a chest and got three 955 relics. How fucking crazy would that be?! That's what a 955 weapon drop would feel like. Now factor in dual wielding again. That's SIX relics instead of three. Imagine being a dual wielding class and needing to get that same amount of luck twice. The difference between good and bad weapon drops will be gigantic next expansion if they go back to that and keep titanforging as is. =/ it's a nightmare.

What I would propose instead is a system where new weapons drop in the raids but make them upgrade-able somehow as well. Not forever, though. Like... they can only go up to the current titanforging cap and they also can't exceed a certain number of item levels. Take right now for example. Mythic drops 930 baseline. The cap is 955. Make the weapons upgradeable a maximum of 25 item levels but not exceeding 955. This would mean that a base mythic item would eventually be up to par with maximum titanforging. This means you can't run LFR and get the weapon and then upgrade it up to cap. They can still titanforge higher from any level, and titanforging remains exciting because it means your weapon can now either go further than what it would have been able to had it dropped baseline, or, in the case of mythic raiders, they will now be able to reach max level faster than others would be able to.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-10-19 at 07:50 AM.

As a pure DPS that loved to play all 3 specs, I kinda dislike the separate artifacts for each spec. AP progression differences are not bad since you can keep them reasonably close by just grinding. But keeping the ilvls close is a pain, especially for a class where ilvl on weapon matters a lot.

Though I can see an issue with weapon titanforging.

Maybe make a single weapon, keep relics but for that one weapon (they limit the amount of ilvls per titanforge) and have separate skill trees (and AP-equivalent) for each spec.

I miss the times when you had to think if staff is better than main hand + offhand for casters? Mace or sword for prot war/pala? Or the best one: 2h weapon vs two 1-handers for enha shaman?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    Blizzard has said that the artifacts we've obtained will not follow us into 8.0 but what will happen? Would you prefer another weapon you get at 110 and upgrade to max level? Or drops from bosses/quests like it was before?
    They haven't actually said that though. They've said they aren't really sure what to do.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Love it how everyone hates RNG and then votes for weapon drops.

I hated beeing forced into places for a perfect weapon and farm them for X times until the gods finally decided to drop it for me.

I'd like an artefact style progression of my weapon to stay. At this stage of the expansion I feel I can keep up my specs pretty well and that's a good thing.

I want both. A progression weapon smooths out that part of your dps (was a disaster if your weapon didn't drop in the old days as it was a major part of dmg), but I miss having the fun of drops, so just keep them but make them cosmetic (yeah yeah, I know there are a few. Was even surprised to get a purple one drop the other day).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I miss the times when you had to think if staff is better than main hand + offhand for casters? Mace or sword for prot war/pala? Or the best one: 2h weapon vs two 1-handers for enha shaman?
    I miss weapon proficiencies that you had to train up

My only complaint with Artifact weapons is the lack of variety available in the skins.

Otherwise they are a pure winner for me. They give goal based progression through AP and relics and they are some of the best models introduced in game - just wish they had more variety of models.

Deleted
    Same weapon is ok as long as they tweak it. AP should be removed in my opinion as it's tiresome and just feels like an endless and uninteresting grind.
    Keep the relics system to upgrade the itemlevel. And since traits will be gone we can have them empower some spells instead.
    Every major patch can bring some questline or challenge with a reward to increase it's base itemlevel.

Progression weapons with transmog drops which actually change the overall theme of the weapon.

Deleted
    I like the artifact system, I'll be sad to see it go. Character weapon is a major determinant of output/throughput, it was nice that the RNG aspect of getting one was made a non issue this expansion (relics notwithstanding)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, because everyone knows they removed all weapons ever added to the game from vanilla through WoD, and even if the rumor is wrong and they didn't it's not like it's possible to mog over your artifact with one of them. Oh wait. It is.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you don't like any of them you can always mog over the artifact and use any applicable mog look over it.
    Please then mate tell me how to transmog my shadow priest with the T6 Absolution gear and the 2h blue staff you get from Mount Hyjal because you would be my new best friend.

Oh wait, YOU CAN'T

Same with Fire Mage with T5 and the red version of that staff.

- - - Updated - - -

For a weapon type I didnt want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please then mate tell me how to transmog my shadow priest with the T6 Absolution gear and the 2h blue staff you get from Mount Hyjal because you would be my new best friend.

Oh wait, YOU CAN'T

Same with Fire Mage with T5 and the red version of that staff.

- - - Updated - - -

For a weapon type I didnt want.
    All I can do is LOL at people like you. Can never be pleased...

Deleted
    All I can do is LOL at people like you. Can never be pleased...
    What do you expect, they bring in a transmog system and limit what you can transmog weapon wise and then after a couple of years say oh yeah this is the weapon type you will be using for a whole expansion, if it doesn't match the stuff you farmed for hours / years tough ****.

I still don't have the BT Shield.