Poll: Progression Vs. Drops

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Personally, I hope we get something similar in 8.0 -- albeit, without relics or "secondary talents".

Honestly besides the transmog I get with previous system I don't really care. The weapon leveling is just another form of daily grinding and I have no problem with that since I get stat bonuses out of it.

i hate the ap, but i like having a set weapon i can upgrade.

means i get a higher ilvl weapon than i normally would.

I hate scaled weapons. If you play a spec like MM that adds core spells it means you can't use whatever you'd like in timewalking, making all legendaries useless. Blizzard even said in the past that they introduced timewalking partially as a way to get use out of your legendary weapons again. Thori'dal misses being used....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Progression weapons without the current transmog limitations. I want to cast Void Bolts with the Twilight Hammer, goddamnit.

Deleted
    It is difficult to imaine somithing worse and more time consumin than the struggle to keep my weapon relevant throughout this expansion

An upgradable weapon without the trait RNG, a dozen different relic types, and AP grind would be nice. I love the smaller piece-wise weapon upgrades. Makes staying competetive far easier when RNG decides to screw you and never see your weapon on anything higher than normal mode.

Say there are only have two relic slots on a weapon, and there are four possible relics which which will add a stat (haste, crit, mastery, or versatility) to the weapon and are unique. So I get a haste relic and a mastery relic then put them in my weapon. So then the weapons ilvl and stats increase and it then is converted to a haste/mastery item.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2017-10-26 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger General Vader View Post
    I hate scaled weapons. If you play a spec like MM that adds core spells it means you can't use whatever you'd like in timewalking, making all legendaries useless. Blizzard even said in the past that they introduced timewalking partially as a way to get use out of your legendary weapons again. Thori'dal misses being used....
    I miss using older weapons in timewalking too along with getting OP set bonuses. It's not as fun as it used to be. Even though I have Thoridal, I always used the Sha touched weapon with legendary gem because 30 agi in a TBC or Wrath dungeon is huge (along with agi gems in every other piece of equipment).

I prefer using the same weapon all expac and powering it up because I always have terrible luck with weapon drops. Some things can change to make it better (like more customization on how it looks and weapon types), but it is a better system.

I like the progressing weapon but I don't like having a different one for each spec, I realize why that is problematic when it comes to artifact talent trees, but at the same time, it felt like it discouraged people from multi-specing a bit too much

Definitely a relic-like system. Makes it so everybody needs the same number of drops and isn't as dependent on a single specific one to be able to perform.

I'd like to see transmog changed to be spec based rather than based on the equipped weapon, though. E.g. a mage could transmog a wand to a sword or staff or vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the progression of my artifact ALLOT in Legion!!

that said i don't consider it weapon specific. I believe they should put the relic progression system in as a new talent tree and switch back to weapon drops.
    The days weapons were abit more unique were the coolest for me. When weapon speed mattered and the warrior talents gave weapon specific weapon bonusses was the bomb for me. matching weapon sets with set bonusses, YAY.

tl;dr: i enjoyed this allot but please switch back to drops.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I hate that as soon as the artifact weapon is gone.. my character becomes a creampuff. Try it, take one of the weapons you get on Argus and use that for a while, THAT is what awaits us in the new expansion.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a melee class, I HATED weapon drops back in the day. Most of the art design was often boring. Or entire tiers would go by without a particular weapon type getting artwork at all. Racial bonus would kind of screw anyone who wasn't a Fucking orc, since the majority of top output weapons for a tier were always axes.

The artifact system, while it could be argued is no different if not worse than the older system due to even less art design being made as new content comes out, at least gives a much more uniform sense of progression that the older system could not provide. Your dps as a melee class was 100% tied to your weapon dps and top end potential, and replacing said weapon was oftentimes far and few in between due to bad rng, which meant you could potentially get benched if you couldn't get a weapon from the next tier.

With the relic system though, you can make s light progress on your weapons output constantly. Not to mention that relics are used by all classes, if a raid member doesn't need a relic you could potentially get an upgrade via trading. The old system prevented something like a mage giving a paladin a fire relic because mages do not use two handed weapons, weapon class inconsistencies made gearing a lot more troublesome than it had to be.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I like both the weapon dropping and having something to progress throughout the expansion.

So my best way would be to return to weapon drops and maybe add a different kind of progression, like the path of the titans thing they were thinking of putting at Cataclysm.

They will surely change from a weapon to something else. I just don't what that to be a piece of gear.

Deleted
    I find weapon progression more fun. But I feel gameplay wise it's about what you prefer. Having one weapon instead of 3 relic system makes quite a difference. It will give you a major advantage if you do have a good weapon, but leave you at a big disadvantage if you don't. Relics on the other hand can have bad traits and only is 1/3 of your weapon. So it's really personal preference if you believe yourself to be lucky to get that big titanforged weapon lul. Can just imagine the threads with "OMG THIS GUY GOT 955 WEAPON TITANFORGED FROM RAIDFINDER"if they change it
    Last edited by mmoc125f9ca8d6; 2017-10-26 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    I find weapon progression more fun. But I feel gameplay wise it's about what you prefer. Having one weapon instead of 3 relic system makes quite a difference. It will give you a major advantage if you do have a good weapon, but leave you at a big disadvantage if you don't. Relics on the other hand can have bad traits and only is 1/3 of your weapon. So it's really personal preference if you believe yourself to be lucky to get that big titanforged weapon lul. Can just imagine the threads with "OMG THIS GUY GOT 955 WEAPON TITANFORGED FROM RAIDFINDER"if they change it
    The salt would be glorious.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm conflicted. I like the artifact weapon, but it limits transmogging and new weapon skins.

Loved getting Ashbringer, besides that I really dont care for it. Liked it better when weps dropped.

from a casual point of view I hate having to find weapons all the time, I loved having my artifact weapons that I could get to 900+ whilst not having to raid. I hardcore raided for years, I can't stand it any more. I join LFR and am alt-tabbing before we even get to the boss I'm so bored.