Thread: A Loot Box Rant

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If some guy that loves skins very much pays extra to keep a game I love alive for everyone, that's fine with me. Recurring income is important for every business, and we want the developers to dare invest in the games beyond their first years of life.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Er... you cannot milk money from a throw away system. Customization systems in multiplayer games are not throw away. They are a primary source of revenue. If Overwatch had any multiplayer hub for people to hang out at - with time it would be called Fashionwatch. And if Blizzard wanted to make any money off overwatch they would've made it f2p and added such a hub.

For instance Warframe is often called Fashionframe (though as of late it's being called Fishingframe)
    Yeah I agree I think you probably read my post wrong or I just said it poorly. "I feel character customization should actually be considered not just a throw away system in a game".

If I could get a redo I'd say it like a proper human and be like "I don't feel like character customization should be a throw away system" or "I feel character customization should actually NOT be considered a throw away system".

My overall point is that character customization is a huge part of games, and I don't just agree with the rampant "It's just cosmetics" sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My overall point is that character customization is a huge part of games, and I don't just agree with the rampant "It's just cosmetics" sentiment.
    I feel the 'it's just cosmetics' thing is taken slightly out of context. While I agree with you that customisation is a huge part of games, I'd say that the point people are trying to make with the 'it's just cosmetics' comments is more along the lines of "It's just cosmetics, they've no impact on game play so it's not a 'pay to win' scenario", if that makes sense?

I’m of the mindset that these are rewards for those who commit time to the game and for those who don’t there is a money way try and get what you want. Nothing is guaranteed of course and you should note that before spending money. I play an hour a day and 4-6 hours on free day and I always have 9k credits by the end of the next event to get the skins that I want if I didn’t get them randomly.

If I didn’t put much time in a game I wouldn’t be worried about getting that one skin because I barely play the game.

I’m open to a better system but even in hots which I play about an hour a week I really don’t care about heroes or skins even if they are amazing because I don’t invest time in it to get them.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I feel the 'it's just cosmetics' thing is taken slightly out of context. While I agree with you that customisation is a huge part of games, I'd say that the point people are trying to make with the 'it's just cosmetics' comments is more along the lines of "It's just cosmetics, they've no impact on game play so it's not a 'pay to win' scenario", if that makes sense?
    You're totally right on that point where if people are making the argument that hey it's better than power increases, sure. But I think we're getting to the point where I just hear "hey's just cosmetics" without actually any consideration for personal aesthetics as an important aspect of the game itself.

So just because it's better than pay to win, doesn't mean it's good. It's just less bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean you don't get a dupe until you have all the rare/epic/legendaries from the event in the first place, so what does it matter?
    No. Why do you spout such lies and misinformation? Do you enjoy telling tricking people with your LIES!?

You get event-only items until you have all sprays, Voice lines and Player Icons. After that you can get duplicates. Legendaries are still legendaries and dosen't count towards that system

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Legendaries are still legendaries and dosen't count towards that system
    You're 100% wrong. You have a drastically reduced chance to obtain a dupe ever until you own 95% of them. That's a fact and its a fact confirmed through the Lead of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    you would just have earned currency so you can target the things you like specifically rather than a bullshit slot machine that 99% of the time will give you things you didn't want.
    You do get currency to buy what you want. The only thing is you have to get currency lucky at the start or start getting dupes. By the time you start getting dupes (around 25 or so) you'll start to get a feel for what you like and don't like heroes wise so you can invest your currency better rather than going "ZOMG SO COOL MUST HAVE" and then instantly regret it because you dislike the hero several matches later.

You're 100% wrong. You have a drastically reduced chance to obtain a dupe ever until you own 95% of them. That's a fact and its a fact confirmed through the Lead of the game.
    Whatever you say mate. You believing what you want to believing. I'm just saying what is actully happening ingame when i bought loot boxes. After all the Halloween icons, Sprays and Voice lines you start getting dupes again. I Barely got all the event skins in 100 boxes. If it worked like you say it works, then you would get all the skins aswell, before dupes, But that's not how it is ingame
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2017-10-24 at 02:51 PM.

Whatever you say mate. You believing what you want to believing. I'm just saying what is actully happening ingame when i bought loot boxes. After all the Halloween icons, Sprays and Voice lines you start getting dupes again. I Barely got all the event skins in 100 boxes. If it worked like you say it works, then you would get all the skins aswell, before dupes, But that's not how it is ingame
    The drop rate of legendaries or epics isn't increased because you have the sprays and voice lines lol. You want to argue something completely different than what's being said.

The drop rate of legendaries or epics isn't increased because you have the sprays and voice lines lol. You want to argue something completely different than what's being said.
    You said that until you have all items you can't get dupes. Which is false information.

You said that until you have all items you can't get dupes. Which is false information.
    Of a subsection if you want to get into semantics you're a retard. Thanks for playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually have incentive to play if their loot box system worked the way Heroes of the Storm does. Where you can choose to spend money on boxes or "level" Heroes/Champions and get a loot box for every champion/hero level ontop of the milestones at each player level. It would also encourage me to try new characters in OW too.

Of a subsection if you want to get into semantics you're a retard. Thanks for playing.
    Just don't say stuff that's not true, Okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do get currency to buy what you want. The only thing is you have to get currency lucky at the start or start getting dupes. By the time you start getting dupes (around 25 or so) you'll start to get a feel for what you like and don't like heroes wise so you can invest your currency better rather than going "ZOMG SO COOL MUST HAVE" and then instantly regret it because you dislike the hero several matches later.
    The amount of currency you get in their current system is trivial, and you rarely get just currency its usually some player icon or other low value crap. Even if you get a dupe, it's only 25% of what the dupe was, so yeah duplicate player icon or spray is this tiny pittance. Should at least be able to vendor things you don't want to use for AT LEAST 50% of what it's worth.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I think it's fine, but it would be nice if you could get a refund if you buy a legendary skin and then get it again before the event is over.
    As it is now you "have to" wait until the last day. I don't like that.

I spent 50 bucks so far chasing the this year's Halloween Skin for Mei and haven't gotten it yet, I was kinda pissed but got over it, and will probably throw some more money chasing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never bought loot boxes

waste of money

Guys, play between holidays and events to save up credits so you can buy the skin you want :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I think it's fine, but it would be nice if you could get a refund if you buy a legendary skin and then get it again before the event is over.
    As it is now you "have to" wait until the last day. I don't like that.
    If you buy a legendary then the dupe protection should prevent you from getting a repeat unless you have em all already. I can't even remember the last time I got a legendary dupe.