DHs with Wild/Warmongering Combatant Set Mog

Alright so DH was my first ever leather toon, so I had quite the issue with mogging it, especially because Legion's Leather aren't really to my taste (that is to say, they're too ugly!).
    So I looked it up and saw Warmongering/Wild Combatant gear was moggable by DHs, only to get to Ashran and see that I can't buy them for some reason Q.Q

Anyway, the workaround I found for this was pretty simple: Start a class trial toon, send 12 marks of honor for it (to buy ensemble), use the garrison HS, run to a near outpost (the one in the garrison won't work!) and fly to ashran (org/sw portals dont work!), from there you buy the ensemble at the vendor and mog it immediatly (note that you have to mog it on your trial toon in order for it to unlock for your DH, it only costs 8 gold though and you start with 10 so its ok!).

There, yey, you now have a complete set of both WIld and Warmongering Coloring of the Hellfire Citadel's mog unlocked for your DH!

Wish that pic was like 10x lighter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Wish that pic was like 10x lighter.....
    sorry bro, there ya go

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried this following your steps, and it didn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Just tried this following your steps, and it didn't seem to work.
    which part?
    steps:
    -make trial toon, use garrison HS, fly to ashran
    -log on to main toon, mail 12 marks of honor to trial toon
    -go back to trial toon, buy ensemble on Combatant vendor, go to transmog NPC in ashran and mog the combatant set
    -log on the DH and mog it into the combatant set (you need to do it piece by piece manually, but it works!)

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Followed it precisely, but it doesnt show up in my DHs appearance tab.

Is it still something that can be done?