Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    IRL people would have stopped listening to you years ago, you guys sound just like politicians.
    ... and yet people keep listening and voting in the same lying butt**les every election for decades.

Anyhow - reading the monk-subforum always makes me want to play my monk, so that's a good thing. Then I log her and play some and ... yep, still plays worse than my other toons currently do That's a sad thing. It's like my monk joined my BMhuntard in why I love(d) them but don't play them for longer. I've spent many hours on both - got the huntard many rare pets even back in TBC (hunted Nuramoc for days). I keep feeling to urge to play them. Then I do and it fades. Sad panda ... errr tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. But I always thought that monks population is this small mostly because of the theme not resonating with average masses. Even simple fact that you can't see your big ass sword behind the character's back can easily swing people from playing the class even if they like the rest. Can't underestimate fluff like that.

Obviously, people who only cares about numbers can make any class popular (especially with a help of people who would mimic them as well), but I honestly doubt that even stuff like that can bring monks on par with let's say warriors.
    Monk also wasn't stupidly OP when released, so not a lot of people switched initially(unlike both DK and DH), so there's a smaller playerbase in the first place, which means alienating any part of that existing playerbase hurts WW more than other specs. This is especially true because there has never really been a reason to switch from another class to WW, so there hasn't really been a "refill" of the community.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Just came across this one in DH subforum:
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-...ouped-by-class
    Class distribution history graph is great. Shows exactly when and where players migrated to/from.

Deleted
    Well, theres a blue post, so lets hope t21 will be actually changed for better. I really really like t19-20 but its over now What is the idea behind t21 p4 bonus anyways

I'm still surprised that rogues are not that popular. Or that is just me still living in the vanilla/bc world where every second character was rogue.

It's shocking that Blizz would even nerf a class that was already performing poorly. It was already hard to justify a WW.

Deleted
    thanks again blizzard.
    i dont know if blizz doesnt realize how their game and specifically the WW mastery works, or if they are just so pathetic and stupid that a 3 yrs old kid can do better which has a crucial brain damage...

i dont know if these people in this blizzard HQs even play their own game
    i dont know if blizzard analysts are kidnapped and replaced by retarded dogs which costume as humans
    i dont know if they are just ignorant, stupid, mentally retarded or basically replaced by those dogs?

edit: im fucking done with this.
    you cant talk to them, because they mostly ignore it
    you cant tell them any facts because they ignore it or say "we will look into that, but wait... i would say mid tier we will buff you so that you are maybe, maybe 40% of another melee dps oh and wait: you will never get any raid utility!"

i mean... how damnt stupid one must be to give a class a mastery, that basically tells you: spam your abilities but never one ability twice in a row and in the same time give that class fucking years of CD onto those abilities except for two... and those two deal like 10% of your dmg?!

yeah... well thought!
    Last edited by mmoca1f07e1cb2; 2017-10-26 at 11:04 AM.

It's not just that it's a 5-8% damage nerf, it's that it's now significantly less fun to play. The whole serenity window feels a lot clunkier. I switched over to SEF which feels so simplistic having had played serenity. It's okay. At least I get to wear the 950/945 items I had just sitting in my bank. There's that? I went up 5 ilvls.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrak View Post
    i mean... how damnt stupid one must be to give a class a mastery, that basically tells you: spam your abilities but never one ability twice in a row and in the same time give that class fucking years of CD onto those abilities except for two... and those two deal like 10% of your dmg?!

yeah... well thought!
    Nothing is wrong WW mastery. Doubling it on Hit Combo talent (which does pretty much the same) is not ideal, but basic mastery is absolutely fine.

There are like 3/4 of all specs that have boring flat damage increase mastery and it's not a problem at all.

Deleted
    Last night raided, it was just sad We had ok-ish dmg with nice playing experience, now its horrible on both sides. Checked the ranking, currently WW last (range of 1 day). I really hope they rework the t21, the idea with making 4p remove the cost/cd of RSK actually sounds really cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Damage of all abilities increased by 15%.
    Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance 2-piece bonus now reduces the cooldown of Rising Sun Kick by 1 second (was 2 seconds).
    Xuen's Battlegear 4-piece bonus now increases critical strike chance of Rising Sun Kick by 30% when Fists of Fury ends (was 65%).

Sooooo, Antorus please arrive already?

I feel like Blizzard was playing Jenga and took the wrong brick out and didn't expect such a chain reaction. After the nerf-buff I'm: A different talent set-up, a different legendary set-up, and lost 4 set to change to 2 set since it wasn't as good as having higher ilvl gear in my bank. I don't play the same way I did last week. I understand not wanting us to use the 6 set, but man this will take a complete new getting used to. Given, I guess this happens every change of raid tier anyway.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't have a WW buff without a big fat asterisk on it.

Damage of all WW abilities increased by 15%!!!!*

*but we've further nerfed 6pc to the ground with a hotfix and no real heads-up or notice

Enjoy!

Should be a net buff overall of course (I'm sure Babs and friends are working out the math on that now) but this is a really poopy way to go about it.

My WW already felt very powerful without the tier set. And now they just buffed it with 15% - I love playing my monk, so this will make it feel even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimakai View Post
    My WW already felt very powerful without the tier set. And now they just buffed it with 15% - I love playing my monk, so this will make it feel even better.
    Glad you like it (I really do), but I guess it's mostly because other dps specs in your raid. Most specs would wipe the floor with WW, especially in that nerf-buff window we had recently. It's very hard to feel powerful when you're fighting for ~5-7th place in skada.

15% seems like a really fine number. Wonder how much would it give us overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Should be a net buff overall of course (I'm sure Babs and friends are working out the math on that now) but this is a really poopy way to go about it.
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...tfixes-oct-26/

Deleted
    Is it a buff overall, cuz i even got the 75 trait after the big nerf and Im sim-ing lower. Plus the stat weight is really weird, agility is no longer the best stat, it's barely in the top 3. Maybe just the simc is kinda off still?

Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    Is it a buff overall, cuz i even got the 75 trait after the big nerf and Im sim-ing lower. Plus the stat weight is really weird, agility is no longer the best stat, it's barely in the top 3. Maybe just the simc is kinda off still?
    According to Babylonius math its 8% overall boost and 2-3% boost excluding set nerfs.

Deleted
    Yes, saw his review, maybe just the simc is not updated. And the weird stat weights also probably means that.
    Nobody else have agi not the top stat anymore?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    Yes, saw his review, maybe just the simc is not updated. And the weird stat weights also probably means that.
    Nobody else have agi not the top stat anymore?
    SimC is updated, but the APL needs to be fixed for the loss of the 6p, so while its not wrong, its also not perfectly right either.

In regards to stats: http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...d-you-round-2/
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I talked about this in a very long post on my site and the PTR forums. I completely agree that Windwalker will end up being fine in Antorus. However, my concern is that we may see a relatively large departure of players, and a further damaging of the community's perception of Windwalkers that will be difficult, to impossible to recover from without an impossibly large buff that turns everyone's head and makes them the last FotM spec in Legion.

http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...y-to-blizzard/
    This. I thought I’d try playing WW with half the expansion over coming from an Ele Shaman. I won’t continue playing WW. Blizzard can’t seem to to get it right when it comes to WW. Aside from the fact that we do average damage as a result of some akward tunings of tier bonuses and damage output, there is a huge notion from the raiding community at large that we do sub-par dps and bring no utility to a raid. Trying to find a mythic + group is incredibly difficult for me as a pug. It will take an incredibly big buff or reworking of the class to change people’s perception of WW.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, nerfing the 6 piece bonus helped me make the decision to go back to my Ele Shaman. Having the rug pulled out from underneath me was more frustrating than reading about the craptastic t21 bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshield13 View Post
    This. I thought I’d try playing WW with half the expansion over coming from an Ele Shaman. I won’t continue playing WW. Blizzard can’t seem to to get it right when it comes to WW. Aside from the fact that we do average damage as a result of some akward tunings of tier bonuses and damage output, there is a huge notion from the raiding community at large that we do sub-par dps and bring no utility to a raid. Trying to find a mythic + group is incredibly difficult for me as a pug. It will take an incredibly big buff or reworking of the class to change people’s perception of WW.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, nerfing the 6 piece bonus helped me make the decision to go back to my Ele Shaman. Having the rug pulled out from underneath me was more frustrating than reading about the craptastic t21 bonuses.
    Even when WW were good they still were not highly sought after. Most of the time their high dps was due to high amounts of adds in a fight or Trash packs. That is about the only thing they do well besides move fast. The rotation is boring IMO before you get Teir gear and one little mistake or latency and you lose all of your bounus damage. IMO the problem with Monks is it's a punishing class where latency of any kind can screw you and botch your momentum.

It's like monks have an extra mechanic that no other class has that's added to the raid at all times.