Poll: WoD or Legion hunter better?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I voted WOD, I want to add some thoughts though.

I really, really liked playing Cataclysm Survival. I think that was the best Surv iteration.
    I really like playing Legion MM, but I do miss the option to summon a pet.

What I would like to see in 8.0 ->
    BM made in to the melee spec (as it should have been from the start).
    MM stay similar with added pet option. (and I miss the bleed damage from crits)
    SV turned back in to a DoT spec, either with a shadow theme, or with a gadget theme. (and renamed to shadow hunter or rifleman or whatever)

WoD in every aspect for every spec. Praying for another complete overhaul for all specs with the next expansion.

Honestly I'd prefer my hunter from any expansion prior to WoD. The only exception to that statement was survival during Highmaul and for a short time in BRF, before they decided to utterly destroy the spec for the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one, did like WoD survival. Just went emo when it went melee , pref to have continued as ranged. Other than that, I still enjoy BM the most due to lack of leggo's for mm, sv.

Every single hunter spec is horrible in Legion, with the only slightly tolerable one being BM. Honestly if they don't revert the class back to how it was in MoP/WoD I might just stop playing all together.

Cata/MoP SV for me please. Had they iterated on that design, instead of taking stuff away I think Legion could have been a great xpac. As it is ruining the class has made it the least enjoyable xpac of them all.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    MoP Survival
    late WoD MM
    Legion BM

WoD for MM and BM, hands down.

But, MoP had the best Hunter iteration I've ever seen in this game, with Survival.

Deleted
    Voted WoD.
    Legion is bar far the worst expansion ever when it come to hunter changes Do i still play hunter and enjoy him? Hell yea. But i do prefer all the previous expansions gameplay when it comes to my Hunter.. Specially from Wotlk, cata, mop and WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoD for MM and BM, hands down.

But, MoP had the best Hunter iteration I've ever seen in this game, with Survival.
    yep. mop SV was the most enjoyable hunter spec i've ever played. wish we had atleast one spec left that resembled it.

As i wrote in another thread on a slightly different topic:

Blizzard needs to return every utility/niche/situational spell they removed from the hunters in the previous 3 expansions.

Every spec must have misdirect and camouflage, those are some of the most useful and fun tools to use in the outdoors.

Also hunters had AMAZING glyphs for outdoor content like "Misdirection has no cooldown when cast on your pet" which we need returned in one form or another.

Probably WoD.

But I quite like MM and BM as they are now as well.

BM early legion wasn't as fun, but with some small changes it has much better flow now.
    I still prefer the WoD version probably, but Legion did give it a bit more unique style of play.

As for MM, I'm not a huge fan of the vulnerability system as IMO it's too reliant on getting procs. There are times where I simply can not get vulnerable up at all and it really kills the enjoyment of the spec a bit.
    That said, I think they made some good changes. I loved MM at the end of WoD, but the high mobility was really too much at the end. Had that remained, the spec would really have been dumbed down and the skill ceiling would be much lower. Part of the skill for ranged classes should be solid positioning and timing on your skills; and it's fine if one spec (BM) doesn't have that, but we can't have 3 specs without.

I really liked MoP SV (it was good in early WoD too).
    I really miss that, but it's very unlikely blizzard will revert survival back to melee. So very little point being sentimental over it.
    For a melee class I think it has potential, but at the moment the skills need polishing and the rotation needs an overhaul. The whole mongoose fury window makes the rotation feel extremele stale. And the lack of interaction of other skills with the mongoose fury mechanic makes the rotation lack synergy and flow.

MoP Survival with the SoO 4-set. Absolute favourite spec of all time for me.

Playing MM main atm and I'm hating it. It's so bland... not enjoying the current vulnerable system at all.
    I'm hoping they announce some spec changes at Blizzcon but who knows...

Anything pre Legion was a lot better designed than current Legion crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Anything pre Legion was a lot better designed than current Legion crap.
    ^ This.

Whoever designed the Legion hunter specs should be fired.

Hope they will be more inspired next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    As i wrote in another thread on a slightly different topic:

Blizzard needs to return every utility/niche/situational spell they removed from the hunters in the previous 3 expansions.

Every spec must have misdirect and camouflage, those are some of the most useful and fun tools to use in the outdoors.

Also hunters had AMAZING glyphs for outdoor content like "Misdirection has no cooldown when cast on your pet" which we need returned in one form or another.
    Yes, all of this. And, having Mend Pet cleanse stuff from your pet was critical not just in the world but also PvP. We NEED that. should just be made baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    WotLK Hunter. Every spec seemed to have a raid they excelled at.
    No they didn't. Two months after the expansion came out BM got hit with the nerfbat so hard it didn't even begin to recover for four years.

Moving on to more general issues, I voted WoD, but if I had a choice, I'd take MoP BM and SV and Cata or MoP MM. People seem to forget that everyone hated WoD MM until 4pc T18. It was actually complaints about MM in the beta that led to the whole fun times with Celestalon running dungeons with people on the beta as MM and having to ask a streamer how to actually play the spec. BM was actually the go-to spec in HM and BRF. MM and SV both lost too many abilities in WoD, even before SV was deliberately destroyed in 6.2, to make them as fun as previous incarnations had been (I'm still scratching my head over their "explanation" that not every spec needs a cd because that makes things less homogenous, but SV was the only spec that actually ended up not having one).

Survival can be pretty awesome in raid too if you get someone who understand them and take the time to play them well. they can add a lot of benefits in raid too.

Deleted
    I prefeer the WoD hunters over Legion, i think Hunter it's probably the class that was more...disrespected in Legion, and it's a shame for a person like me that i'm being playing the class for more than 12 years now.

I think they need to figured out how to do the class more fun again, i think they need to work specially in BM and Survi, because...they are not...i don't know...they don't make me feel good after all this years playing everything on a hunter spec.

To me, Survival needs to be more of a SURVIVAL, as his name said, so no pets, much more traps, CC and all those kinds of things, that's what you might think about some character called SURVIVAL "X". And Beast Master also, needs to have a much more beast focus around class, like...use much more the pets, i think it's something that Blizzard needs to work on, cause they can do more fun stuff, like, the hability from those hunters to actually tank, etc, thanks to the differents pets.

Marksmanship right now it's ok, a bit boring but, it's not a class that needs many work actually now, so...

wotlk was the best for all 3..

naxx - bm
    ulduar - sv
    icc - mm