Poll: WoD or Legion hunter better?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP hunter or get the fuck out.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    For a lot of reasons, I don't like the various changes they've made to hunter in Legion.

2.) Beast Mastery's focus on a large number of beasts that the hunter did not choose has increased, while I've always felt like the spec was about bonding strongly with a single, or a few, chosen companions, and fighting using the powerful bond between hunter and pet- not summoning random beasts from the wild, and having a specific beast forced upon us that is not one of out longterm companions. I really liked the give-and-take of Focus Fire, where power cycled between hunter and pet and they both empowered the other.
    So much this. BM was in such a good place during MoP and you described exactly how i want bm to be like. The bond between pet and hunter empowering each other. Giving the sense of loyalty your pet has to you that it would do anything to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    no, demonhunter is fine with 2 specs

the survival hunter theme simply should be removed and spread over the other 2 specs, hunter does not need 3 dmg specs.
    We under no circumstances should have less options on how to play. Introducing a class with 2 specs was a piss poor decision. The time that went into reworking a range spec into melee that the community as a whole was not asking for could of went into a third spec for DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    We under no circumstances should have less options on how to play. Introducing a class with 2 specs was a piss poor decision. The time that went into reworking a range spec into melee that the community as a whole was not asking for could of went into a third spec for DH.
    Exactly - instead of making one less ranged spec they could have made one more for DH.

Gameplay wise WOD all the way, one of the best moments for Hunters.
    As soon the pre exp patch camed i benched my hunter unti this day.
    And it was my first ever char since classic wow
    PS: I like the new Survival if the make some changes on the rotation.

Hunter went from one of my favorite classes to least favorite classes over the last few years.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with demon hunters is there was no theme for a 3rd spec even if they didn’t change survival demon hunters still wouldn’t have had a 3rd spec as what we did get with survival wouldn’t have made sense on a demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, pruning a whole spec from hunters (no matter how controversial the current iteration of SV is) is absolutely idiotic. Like someone previously mentioned, "why would I be ok will one less option to play my favorite class?"

As far as the current state of SV, I am willing to give melee SV a chance if they tighten up and tweak the rotation, but I will always miss my old ranged dot spec with those AOE serpent spread multi-shots and satisfying explosive shot procs. I would actually be happy if Blizz gave back serpent sting and made it baseline for all specs... at least it would give me something to do when I played BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The problem with demon hunters is there was no theme for a 3rd spec even if they didn’t change survival demon hunters still wouldn’t have had a 3rd spec as what we did get with survival wouldn’t have made sense on a demon hunter.
    Change flanking strike to some double glaive strike attack name with animation (does same damage)
    Change the name of mongoose bite to some glaive/fel sounding name.
    Change raptor strike to some glaive/fel sounding name.
    Change lacerate ...well maybe not really a reason to change that name,
    Change explosive trap to some fel aoe with dot.
    change fury of the eagle to some glaive whirlwind type name.
    change carve to some glaive/fel sounding name.
    Change harpoon to some JUMP on target and smash ..wait DH have this now?
    Change disengage to...wait DH have this now !?

going to stop now, but get the point? Same gameplay as surv, plays different then the DPS demon hunter and its own theme! Hunter's didnt need a melee spec. We didnt need 2 extra melee dps and lose 1 range dps spec in legion.

MM: WoD with HFC 4set
    BM: Legion (current patch pet range changes etc included)
    SV: WoD

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Change flanking strike to some double glaive strike attack name with animation (does same damage)

going to stop now, but get the point? Same gameplay as surv, plays different then the DPS demon hunter and its own theme! Hunter's didnt need a melee spec. We didnt need 2 extra melee dps and lose 1 range dps spec in legion.
    No I don’t get the point because demon hunters already have most of that spread though out the two spec it already has. The only thing it doesn’t have would be mongoose bite fury.

Neither, I miss BC hunter. When BM was the king spec. I have not touched my Hunter since then.

Mop survival was a fun and memorable spec but only because of challenge mode. Would be good for mythic plus now likely.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I run into the problem of Survival being my favorite specc of the 3 for years, while also having the new survival being my favorite of the 3.

I would find the new marksmen more enjoyable if it focused on the sniper aspect, but visually feels like the hunter is reaching into his quiver and grabbing 10 arrows at a time with most ability.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Neither, I miss BC hunter. When BM was the king spec. I have not touched my Hunter since then.
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

SO engaging! No on wants that anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD BM over any of the legion speccs anyday. But MoP was the golden days of class design. High mobility and easy to learn but hard to master philosophy made it a great expac for many classes. I switched to elem shammy from my BM hunter main for the first time in Legion.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

SO engaging! No on wants that anymore.
    LOL, I still have that Macro as well, I loved it.

WoD, not even close.

The changes to BM are plain shit. WoD was better in every single way. The MM vulnerable mechanic was ok on paper...but the implementation is horrible. Having no movement AND limited debuf-windows that force you to cast is a bullshit-combination. Hard-Hitting Chimera was so much more fun.

As to SV...every word said is one too many.

10+ Year Old Account

While I actually like the idea of a DH with a polearm, and a fel version of the current SV spec. Some of the champions wield polearms.

I don't think scrapping it from hunters is the right idea. Perhaps the happy medium is that hunters got a 4th spec. One that didn't bastardize an existing and popular spec.

Deleted
    The obvious first change for Survival hunter would be to combine Raptor Strike and Lacerate into one spell.

There is really no reason to have basically 4 polearm strikes (Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike, Lacerate and Flanking Strike) plus the Artifact Ability.

Raptor Strike should simply apply Lacerate.