Poll: WoD or Legion hunter better?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Perhaps the happy medium is that hunters got a 4th spec..
    There is no happy medium, it is a pure *(^(&^ show. Melee hunter was a meme from the past. It was not needed in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    There is no happy medium, it is a pure *(^(&^ show. Melee hunter was a meme from the past. It was not needed in the game.
    So says you. Remind us again why your opinion matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD MM hunter with 4 set from HFC

Deleted
    WoD had interesting specs with just the right balance of components and a nice varied 'best' spec with every tier. Legion launched with one fun but deeply flawed spec (marksman) and two complete duds and hasn't got much better since.

15+ Year Old Account
    I chose WoD as well, but MoP was still best. Especially Survival was great.
    Blizzard will change stuff again "soon", when this raid tier is basically over and the gap tot he next Xpac happens.
    I'm dreading it already.

Would hav to say wod cause they had their three specs not just two

Survival is cancer to play. BM does shit tier damage compared to like...almost every other dps spec in the game. And MM is rng and lacks mobility, a core theme to hunters for how many years?

I prefer WoD hunters.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

where's the MoP option....

I personally enjoy survival; however, the other two specs have been in an absolutely disgraceful state this entire expansion. Marksman is so far removed from any class fantasy or rotation that existed before Legion that it is almost unrecognizable. Therefore my answer is WoD...(though bring me back to the ICC days).

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    So says you. Remind us again why your opinion matters?
    Because we didn't need an additional melee, yes it's just opinion but most agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Overall I don't like any changes. BM is only about pets and removes all the shooting, MM is only about shooting and removes pets, survival is horrible in every way in my opinion. What do you think?
    Those are exactly my thoughts after I came back about two months ago (left in early HC). Overall feeling is just meh. I much more prefered Warlords and MoP hunters, especially BM which as you said feels very weird with only shot being instant Cobra Shot and community mocking it for its simplicity (which I guess nobody really asked for).
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    where's the MoP option....
    Where's the Cataclysm option?

WoD most definitely. Though when it comes to MM, it needs to have the HFC bonus for instant AiS. BM was generally better then Legion version as well. My only complaint was that it relied too much on RNG (kind of like affliction does now). As for survival, my personal view is that Blizz simply deleted the spec from the game in this expansion. Legion SV is an abomination that should not exist. So basically any SV version from the past is way better than current version.

WoD was a shit expansion for the most part but its version of MM was the must fun I'd had on my Hunter in a long time.

Wotlk Survival in all honesty... even though it still had mana lol.. but cata and mop werent bad either
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    MoP Survival.
    just this. they make a class, once designed to be a super mobile version of a ranged dps, lets say a melee playstyle caster, into a complete garbage uterly shit class, based on some loose coupled half assed mechanics.

and plz, dont come with the „but you cant do melee playstyle as caster cause BALANCE“. they had no problems to balance them in MoP, not in Cata, not before. it was just „harder“ to balance, aka more investment. but nowhere „undoable“ or „problematic“.

they had just become lazy. they changed all classes to same builder/spender pattern and just want to use the same base mechanic stuff as base for every type of class. all casters follow the same base pattern. all melees too. its just „hit all of them with one development system“ instead „look and refine them at an individual level“.

they are just lazy. or better said „cost effective“. „put in the least possible effort to make the most profit out of it.“ this is the mantra since after MoP. hunter class is one example that shows that clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    MoP Surv. Best spec ever
    and this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    MoP hunter or get the fuck out.
    aaand this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Wotlk Survival in all honesty... even though it still had mana lol.. but cata and mop werent bad either
    everything was fine with hunter and that class had its own beatiful style and niche, before they sucked since WoD with everything.

hooray for streamlining things. hooray for greedy assholes. hooray for killing individual good pieces of a game piece by piece. hooray for „repairing things that are not broken“ just for the sake of lazyness and money.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-01-28 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Dislike Legion MM and SV. Like BM but its not good enough on ST and the pet sometimes make it shit because it loweres your damage uptime

Legion hunters are awful. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't. MM and BM is boring and survival, while it is a bit fun, is a clunky odd thing. I think my favorite rendition of the hunter was from MoP or Cata... Can't remember which, or maybe it was both, but I loved hunters back then. Now, meh.

Deleted
    Hunter look good in legion!

Legion survival should be a fourth spec because how fun and underrated it is.
    MoP survival should be brought back as "tactician" hunter
    WoD MM and BM should be brought back however BM should keep dire beast and a second pet. It's a great addition for them. MM should have more mobility.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."