Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Tips for Prestige Gain

As title says.

Recently decided to turn to PvP as Holy and Shadow Priest and so far been enjoying it quite a lot. I am currently on Prestige Level 3, Honor 18.

I want to reach Level 11 for Artifact skin and hopefully more by the end of the Legion. I do all PvP WQs when they are up and when I am online, I do daily random battleground.

Am I missing something or is there something extra that I could do to make the process faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    As title says.

Recently decided to turn to PvP as Holy and Shadow Priest and so far been enjoying it quite a lot. I am currently on Prestige Level 3, Honor 18.

I want to reach Level 11 for Artifact skin and hopefully more by the end of the Legion. I do all PvP WQs when they are up and when I am online, I do daily random battleground.

Am I missing something or is there something extra that I could do to make the process faster?
    Other than grinding more BGs or Arenas, not really.

Keep in mind the towers are only up once a day but the 500-honor FFA area swaps every six hours. So if you're on multiple times a day, you can snag that usually at least twice, if not three times.

Deleted
    Do you think it's possible to get to 11 if I do 5-6 WQs a day and 1-2 BGs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do at least 3 PvP WQ Brawls each day. I'm maxed now, but when I wasn't I jumped on for 5 mins in the morning before work and got one in. Then when I got home from work I'd log on just in time to finish another before it ends and immediately do a third. Most of the time I went to bed before the fourth popped up later in the evening. But if you're up late, do the fourth.

Do the three WQ PvP towers everyday.

You can use the guild banner than boosts honor by 15% to get extra honor for the last kill at each tower. I typically kill all the peons, and drop the flag right before I engage the named boss at the top. You can also drop that banner for bonus honor at the Black Rook Arena too, just drop it before your last kill. The banner doesn't work on any of the other three WQ Brawls, with one exception. If you are one of the classes that get a free WQ completion every 18 hours from their order hall you can drop the flag and then auto complete any of the other brawls for bonus honor. You can reset your banner timer by joining a arena skirmish (typ. 1 min wait) as you fly to the next tower/brawl.

Try to get in one random BG win and one Arena Skirmish win everyday.

Just doing what I listed above you'll jump 1 Prestige about every 10-12 days.

To go even faster you'll want to add in weekly Arena wins and/or RBG wins.

Doing those two things as well will shave an additional day or two off.

Maybe once a month you can get a weekly quest in Dalaran to win 4 random BGs or win 10 arena skirmishes. Completing it will get you a token worth 1000 honor.

Anyway you slice it, it's going to take you months (if you start now you can knock it out by mid January) of daily play to jump up 7-8 prestige levels. Not to dishearten you, but that's just the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-10-24 at 12:14 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    As title says.

First victory each day gives you double honor, so try to win at least the skirmish (160 honor) and the rated arena (200 honor). Wintergrasp is also a good choice (300 honor), every 55m one battle will start, get rank 2 killing npc (this is imperative) and destroy towers (if you are defending) or the base (if you are attacking) with the demolisher.

I pushed like 10 levels/day doing skirmishes and every pvp world quest, i think is the fastest method if you are horde and dont wanna q mercenary, alliance is fastest via random bg.

Good luck.

For the 500 Honor world quests, try to log on 15-30 minutes before the 6 hour quest reset so you can do both of them without wasting a lot of time.

the prestige grind really is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    For the 500 Honor world quests, try to log on 15-30 minutes before the 6 hour quest reset so you can do both of them without wasting a lot of time.
    When do they reset? 0, 6, 12, 18h?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    When do they reset? 0, 6, 12, 18h?
    For EU I think it's 3:00, 9:00, 15:00 and 21:00 CET but I'm not 100% sure because I'm currently on a break and I can't verify it. Best to check in game and keep in mind they reset every 6 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given how awful pvp is atm, here i my tips for how i do it.
    Do you have second monitor ? Play something like building sim, visual novel or whatever on it while having fun and engaging pvp experience.
    Do you have tablet ? Get some interesting book to read.
    Are you interested in origami ? You can do that during Bgs just fine.
    Get on comms with friends.

On serious note - just grin and bear it. Pvp is shit, and that grind is shit as well. Just don't get bothered by losses or performance and treat it as honor/time investement.

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    the prestige grind really is ridiculous
    Should've been account wide imho.

Love the system, but doing it on multiple characters is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Should've been account wide imho.

Love the system, but doing it on multiple characters is insane.
    Getting to 21 on one character is already insane,I don't even want to think about doing it again

I've done one prestige level in 3 days - just spamming regular bgs. It's boring, sure, but with the 50% honor buff for alliance and winning most it's definitely possible.

Would have been done if it was account wide, i have been busy getting the base skin on all my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man

Make a group of 4 including a healer and a tank or DH, go alliance and start farming BGs. Ez.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I've done one prestige level in 3 days - just spamming regular bgs. It's boring, sure, but with the 50% honor buff for alliance and winning most it's definitely possible.
    Winning most? AS ALLIANCE? how?????? literally losing 99% of the time as alliance for the past week or two

10+ Year Old Account
    Even losing 99% of bgs as alliance will still get you a prestige level every 3 days if you bg for 8 hours a day. Horde on the other hand takes almost a week even winning the majority of the games. Going to faction change back to Alliance soon.

Deleted
    Get off the forum and start grinding.

I’ve lost an AV after 28mins and still got 1100 honor lol ... 50% applies to kills as well.