Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

More playable races for Paladin!

Ill probably get hate for this but I don't see why Trolls or any other race isn't able to play as paladin, I mean hell... We saw Night Elf and Nathrezim as paladins in Legion... would it be so far outside the box to assume that other current playable races wouldn't be able to find their way to the light? The main reason I am an alliance player over horde is because I main a paladin and I couldn't really see myself playing a BE or Cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwinds13 View Post
    Ill probably get hate for this but I don't see why Trolls or any other race isn't able to play as paladin, I mean hell... We saw Night Elf and Nathrezim as paladins in Legion... would it be so far outside the box to assume that other current playable races wouldn't be able to find their way to the light? The main reason I am an alliance player over horde is because I main a paladin and I couldn't really see myself playing a BE or Cow.
    You didn't see a Nathrezim Paladin, you saw a Nathrezim convert, a holy Demon. Doesn't make him a Paladin. As well, unlike the Night Elves, we don't see the trolls fall to much belief of the Paladin's method. The Night Elf one was rare and used as a trash mob in Cataclysm, added again in Legion with the Moonfang lady but she's more or less just a holy paladin - basically a priest in armor.

We've talked about it before, the Undead is most likely a closer choice to a 3rd Paladin option. Blood Elves and Tauren has a method to write in for it for now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have playable Undead Paladins. Would reroll in a heartbeat

Deleted
    Perhaps for an iconic Alliance class you should just keep using an Alliance race.

The only two races that I think could fit the bill aesthetically are Night Elves and Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd race change to undead if they could be paladins.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I never liked blood elf, the casting animation is dreadful, i remember using deviate fish in TBC, and i refuse to play a cow.
    So....i am totally on board with you friend.
    Id happily be a nightborne or undead

As cool as Forsaken Paladins would be, lorewise it makes zero sense.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yea, it`s so odd that undead can use light, right?

Deleted
    techincally any race that has a priest can be paladins, so that include trolls, undead, gnome, night elf, pandaren, worgen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Yea, it`s so odd that undead can use light, right?
    Paladins are more than priests in plate armour.

Plus the forsaken using the light really fucks with them.
    When undead channel the Light, they do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light, though they may wish they would. Instead, it feels to them as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. [...] Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Light#On_undead

In terms of lore, Forsaken Priests are Shadow Priests. That doesn't exist for Paladins. Furthermore, Paladins literally exist to purge the undead from the earth, a Forsaken Paladin would just create a paradox in that the best thing it could do as a Paladin would be to purge itself.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-10-23 at 11:58 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids, Paladins and Shamans all need more playable races imo. The problem is that with the current options most of the possible class-race combinations seem a bit out there. However, Night Elf Paladins at least have some precedent in the game lore so that's probably the most likely new class-race combination that we will see. And, I guess the same goes for Undead Paladins... though in their case there isn't precedent for Undead Paladins itself, but undead being able to harness the Holy Light.

Pandaren Druid is another class-race combination that feels like it should've existed from the get-go, but I guess they just never got around to modeling all of their individual forms. I've also seen a lot of people ask for Blood Elf Druids but personally I can't think of a less druidic race than blood elves.

Personally though? I want Draenei Rogues (Rangari) and Warlocks (Man'ari Eredar that deserted the Burning Legion, or just otherwise decided to change sides after their defeat).

Blizzard also said that in the future they might make Demon Hunters available to other races as well but I'm a bit skeptical as to whether that will actually happen or not. Some of the races would fit right in, but others (like Gnomes, Goblins, Pandaren, Dwarves, Tauren, etc.) would feel heavily out of place. Draenei seems like the only one that would actually make sense, since we have already seen models that resemble what Draenei Demon Hunters would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    I'd race change to undead if they could be paladins.
    Add me to the list too. That would be so great.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Paladin would be insta orgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The Night Elf one was rare and used as a trash mob in Cataclysm, added again in Legion with the Moonfang lady but she's more or less just a holy paladin - basically a priest in armor.
    While at the end of Wrath, we had a Druid pick up a shield and follow An'she rather than Mu'sha, figuring that's the best way to Balance druidism. Throw in the fact that the Priestesses of Elune have training in mounted combat while wearing plate and charging into battle, I'm honestly surprised they aren't paladins already.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Well,technically there are a number of Forsaken "paladins",as in they got paladin training and still have their faith,but they can't wield the light anymore.
    But yeah,in game a paladin without the light powers is kinda worthless

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Personally though? I want Draenei Rogues (Rangari) and Warlocks (Man'ari Eredar that deserted the Burning Legion, or just otherwise decided to change sides after their defeat).
    Rangari are rangers, and we already have those as Draenei Hunters. Dunno how likely it would be for Man'ari to join Draenei, or if the Draenei would even be willing to let them in.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If one is realistic, neither NE nor Troll Paladins can be ruled out.

There's no rational or reasonable argument to suggest that they couldn't exist, and NE Paladins literally do exist. You can call them a "Priest in plate" or equally silly nonsense if you want, but that's pretty much what Blizzard has as the main line between Paladins and Priests, what they wear (and that Paladins can ONLY wield the light, not light/shadow). In fact, if we look at other games, like D&D, WoW Paladins are basically solidly Clerics by D&D logic, and always have been. WoW's Priests are basically Psionicists of a kind, only with this light/shadow deal which I think is kind of original to WoW.

Troll Paladins are less strong, but have some basis and would be easy to do as a balancing thing.

Undead Paladins are would just need a lore update. Not a retcon. Just say "new things have been learned" or "a gift from the Naaru" or whatever. Maybe some chatty undead got to be mates with poor ol' Xera and Xera explained to him/her how to safely channel the light in an Undead frame (they already can as Priests). I've seen no evidence that the Naaru loathe the Forsaken. The BElves don't like 'em, for obvious reasons, but a third Paladin order on the Horde wouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Rangari are rangers, and we already have those as Draenei Hunters. Dunno how likely it would be for Man'ari to join Draenei, or if the Draenei would even be willing to let them in.
    There are some Rangari who reaaaaaally look like Rogues, ability-wise, not Hunters, but I can't remember their names, sadly. Perhaps someone else can. It's been discussed before.

Man'ari could probably rejoin after Legion. I mean, look at how sad poor Velen was to kill his son. He regretted it. It wasn't some "FUCK YOU YOU CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE BITCH!" deal. Even when he is dealing with the LEADERS of the Burning Legion, his once-friends who directly betrayed him, he is regretful, not particularly shitty (I mean, a little pissed but who wouldn't be?). And they're the worst. So I believe that once the Legion is dealt with, there would be many Draenei eager to bring Man'ari back to their side, to re-unify their people and so on. YMMV.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-23 at 12:30 PM. Reason: was to wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    If one is realistic, neither NE nor Troll Paladins can be ruled out.

There's no rational or reasonable argument to suggest that they couldn't exist, and NE Paladins literally do exist. You can call them a "Priest in plate" or equally silly nonsense if you want, but that's pretty much what Blizzard has as the main line between Paladins and Priests, what they wear (and that Paladins can ONLY wield the light, not light/shadow). In fact, if we look at other games, like D&D, WoW Paladins are basically solidly Clerics by D&D logic, and always have been. WoW's Priests are basically Psionicists of a kind, only with this light/shadow deal which I think is kind of original to WoW.

Troll Paladins are less strong, but have some basis and would be easy to do as a balancing thing.

Undead Paladins are would just need a lore update. Not a retcon. Just say "new things have been learned" or "a gift from the Naaru" or whatever. Maybe some chatty undead got to be mates with poor ol' Xera and Xera explained to him/her how to safely channel the light in an Undead frame (they already can as Priests). I've seen no evidence that the Naaru loathe the Forsaken. The BElves don't like 'em, for obvious reasons, but a third Paladin order on the Horde wouldn't be surprising.

There are some Rangari who reaaaaaally look like Rogues, ability-wise, not Hunters, but I can't remember their names, sadly. Perhaps someone else can. It's been discussed before.

Man'ari could probably rejoin after Legion. I mean, look at how sad poor Velen was to kill his son. He regretted it. It was some "FUCK YOU YOU CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE BITCH!" deal. Even when he is dealing with the LEADERS of the Burning Legion, his once-friends who directly betrayed him, he is regretful, not particularly shitty (I mean, a little pissed but who wouldn't be?). And they're the worst. So I believe that once the Legion is dealt with, there would be many Draenei eager to bring Man'ari back to their side, to re-unify their people and so on. YMMV.
    Zandalari trash mobs in Throne of Thunder already use Paladin spells. Troll Paladins could be Zandalari deserters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You didn't see a Nathrezim Paladin, you saw a Nathrezim convert, a holy Demon. Doesn't make him a Paladin.
    How do you account for him being called a Paladin in game with prot pally skills on the mission table then?