Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am fine with Nightborn and Highmountain tauren

But i cant believe they are adding something as CONVULUTED AS VOID ELFs and not adding up right Draenor Brown Orcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    'If' subraces are the selling point of an expansion, we will probably get one free race change with the purchase of the expansion and the rest in the cash shop.
    Not sure about that. In the past when discussing the idea, they seemed more intent on tying them into gameplay somehow and making them "unlockable."

My instinct is that they would probably each have some kind questline / scenario and campaign, similar to the artifact weapon acquisition quests and order hall scenarios, which will unlock the subrace. Completing let's you change for free (have to be the same base race), with later changes costing gold. If you do a boost you can probably unlock them immediately and start as that race, jumping right into a tutorial version of the scenario.

But maybe not. Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    I am fine with Nightborn and Highmountain tauren

But i cant believe they are adding something as CONVULUTED AS VOID ELFs and not adding up right Draenor Brown Orcs.
    Draenor orcs are just different skinned orcs, maybe they'll add extra customisation to allow it? Same with the Dark Iron and tattoos for wildhammer.

I'd rather not see any more elves and how the bugger will they suddenly turn highmountain tauren from neutral to horde? I really hope there's going to be stories in game to explain all this crap, if it happens, which it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Draenor orcs are just different skinned orcs, maybe they'll add extra customisation to allow it? Same with the Dark Iron and tattoos for wildhammer.

I'd rather not see any more elves and how the bugger will they suddenly turn highmountain tauren from neutral to horde? I really hope there's going to be stories in game to explain all this crap, if it happens, which it might not.
    well its blizzard right?
    remember tauren paladins? ..erh.. sunlolkers

I find it so very interesting how the book title all but confirms the Sea/Azsharan theme of the next expansion. Combined with the events (and boss quotes) in Eye of Azshara and Tomb of Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    well its blizzard right?
    remember tauren paladins? ..erh.. sunlolkers
    Yes I did, different situation though, the nightborne for example share too many animations with the night elves, they don't have proper facial animations and their options for customization are laughably small, like female tauren choices of customization small, they'll need a lot of work if they're to become playable and be up to the standards of the other playable models.

I'd rather see Vrykul than more bloody elves, the vrykul, at least the males have fully functioning models on par with player models, the females simply need facial animations added since they don't currently have any and poof, job done.

I've said it in some of the other threads, but I hope they don't make them unlockable. They need to just be new options to start a character. I also hope they do Broken rather than Lightforged Draenei.

Been wanting sub races for a while, if they indeed are coming i'm shocked they let it slip so easily. Not sure how things like Nightfallen DH will work or a few of the DK races. Somethings going to have to happen to the level 1 zone experience. They could have a mini zone that just levels you up quick then join the others of same level.

Why do I have a nagging feeling if sub-races becomes a thing it'll be from the online shop? Probably a few basic ones for everyone, and better looking ones off Blizz store... :|
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-10-23 at 12:38 PM.

Those builds are becoming a joke. I feel sorry for anyone who actually takes their advice on that.

Sure, we'll put a $70 CPU in a $95 mobo because we want to let you swap all parts with another build that inexplicably uses a K series.

That entire feature of the site needs a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Why do I have a nagging feeling if sub-races becomes a thing it'll be from the online shop? Probably a few basic ones for everyone, and better looking ones off Blizz store... :|
    .......Fuck.

You're probably right.

Deleted
    TL;DR: There is a chance we are seeing the groundwork being laid for playable subraces, but we will probably have to wait until BlizzCon for confirmation of sub-races.
    Naga or gtfo.

Do these subraces have their own abilities and talents or just chnaged cosmetics?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Hoping it's gonna be offered like barber is, otherwise gonna buying quite a few tokens to pay for these race changes on most of my toons.
    At the very very minimum, they need to add existing skin color change to barber, some races can (fur), but most can't change without paying right now.

Seeing how you can change faces, I don't see why skin color would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    At the very very minimum, they need to add existing skin color change to barber, some races can (fur), but most can't change without paying right now.

Seeing how you can change faces, I don't see why skin color would be a problem.
    Only furred races can change "skintones". Rest get to change their hair color.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only furred races can change "skintones". Rest get to change their hair color.
    I know that, still silly to lock out 1 option.

Especially since there's like special skins for like DH/DK.

Only reason right now is $, and I think that's fine for Gender/Race/Faction swaps as that's vastly different then a simple color.

And I don't mean change from green to brown orc. Just like Lightgreen to Darkgreen or whatever is possible now.

Like really, there's a sun, changing a white to tan human/dwarf isnt too crazy

Sub-race, they can do anything, questline/cooldown/paid/whatever. That's completely different.

Personally I hope Sub-race is Barber shop with a cooldown, or currency attainable in-game.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-23 at 01:13 PM.

Are you one of those people that sprouted out that artifact skins are going to be in the online store as well? I am still looking for those, yet I dont see any in the online shop.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Are you one of those people that sprouted out that artifact skins are going to be in the online store as well? I am still looking for those, yet I dont see any in the online shop.
    Er, no... what idiot would think that when the artifact is only temporary to Legion ? Key difference here is your race is constant in every expansion, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, for everything's that's good in the world #NoMoreElves

I don't think that would happen, i think they are more likely to add somethings such as rep gain tokens that increases the rep you get for so much time. Possibly even gear box's that have chance of rare pets/mounts and current gear. I just can't see blizzard putting a paywall between that sort of player customization.