Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I don't think that would happen, i think they are more likely to add somethings such as rep gain tokens that increases the rep you get for so much time. Possibly even gear box's that have chance of rare pets/mounts and current gear. I just can't see blizzard putting a paywall between that sort of player customization.
    It's cosmetic, they've already done that with mounts and pets (excusing their pet battle functions).

Meh, not much use to Undead "subraces" if they'll have the exact same faces of normal Undead...

I don't think that would happen, i think they are more likely to add somethings such as rep gain tokens that increases the rep you get for so much time. Possibly even gear box's that have chance of rare pets/mounts and current gear. I just can't see blizzard putting a paywall between that sort of player customization.
    Neither of those things will happen. They are quite aware of the backlash that would take place should they go down that road if nothing else. Just look at what happened to transmog items on the store, or when they were planning on adding the Grove Warden to the store in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's cosmetic, they've already done that with mounts and pets (excusing their pet battle functions).
    IDK think they are sort of different as not permanent such as a skin that will be seen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Neither of those things will happen. They are quite aware of the backlash that would take place should they go down that road. Just look at what happened to transmog items on the store, or when they were planning on adding the Grove Warden to the store in WoD.
    You can transfer gold these days into account balance. So they could use that to justify it.

Just want to play as a Vry'kul ;A;

You can transfer gold these days into account balance. So they could use that to justify it.
    Justify =/= the backlash wouldn't be too huge to handle. I'm called "fanboy" by shits on these forums regularly and I'd be seriously pissed off should Blizzard take that route. Mounts and pets are one thing, we have those in spades from in-game sources. Lootboxes awarding unique things + relevant gear though? Locking an expansion feature like Subraces behind it? Nah.

Before the storm? The fuck was the Legion then?

Deleted
    Sub races lesgo boys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't these races just be set up to be varied NPCs so they can wear player gear and have a wider variety of looks. It could very well be that we will just find a village of Naga thats a neutral reputation

who made those builds lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Only furred races can change "skintones". Rest get to change their hair color.
    Except for Trolls, who have fur but can only change hair color.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    $15 for an ebook. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Oh god, for everything's that's good in the world #NoMoreElves
    #No, moreElves

Before the Storm is the name of the Life is Strange prequel.

just waiting for that annual week of B-Con Trademark leak :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting stuff. I always thought if they were ever going to add sub-races it would have to be as a main expansion feature and if these leaks hold any truth it seems that's finally coming true. The character select backgrounds are probably the most telling part. The seeming neutrality of these races is strange though, Draenei being in the Horde would make little sense while Tauren in the Alliance does make some, but I believe these to be sub-races with the Nightborne being the Night Elven sub-race and Void Elves being the Blood Elven counterpart. Some major lore needs to happen with Alleria before that makes sense though. Maybe it'll happen in the book.

Also Before the Storm is clearly leading into the South Seas expansion, finally. I was always in support of Nagas as a playable race but I doubt it'll happen now that they're going to be the expansion villain and probably create a huge storm in an attempt to drown the world.

heres some leaks for you since i already know where this is headed, they will be cosmetic microtransactions 100% looking at how games are going nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    just waiting for that annual week of B-Con Trademark leak :P
    "The Dark Below" lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Very interesting stuff. I always thought if they were ever going to add sub-races it would have to be as a main expansion feature and if these leaks hold any truth it seems that's finally coming true. The character select backgrounds are probably the most telling part. The seeming neutrality of these races is strange though, Draenei being in the Horde would make little sense while Tauren in the Alliance does make some, but I believe these to be sub-races with the Nightborne being the Night Elven sub-race and Void Elves being the Blood Elven counterpart. Some major lore needs to happen with Alleria before that makes sense though. Maybe it'll happen in the book.

Also Before the Storm is clearly leading into the South Seas expansion, finally. I was always in support of Nagas as a playable race but I doubt it'll happen now that they're going to be the expansion villain and probably create a huge storm in an attempt to drown the world.
    I hope they're not neutral. I can't see Lightforged Draenei walking around in Orgrimmar, it's too unfitting. Same for Highmountain Tauren walking around in Stormwind.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I told y'll sub-races were a sure thing.

Next up, naval combat.

To be honest, the race I wanna see more than any sub-race, would be playable Hozen, they were really cool during MoP