Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Very interesting stuff. I always thought if they were ever going to add sub-races it would have to be as a main expansion feature and if these leaks hold any truth it seems that's finally coming true. The character select backgrounds are probably the most telling part. The seeming neutrality of these races is strange though, Draenei being in the Horde would make little sense while Tauren in the Alliance does make some, but I believe these to be sub-races with the Nightborne being the Night Elven sub-race and Void Elves being the Blood Elven counterpart. Some major lore needs to happen with Alleria before that makes sense though. Maybe it'll happen in the book.

Also Before the Storm is clearly leading into the South Seas expansion, finally. I was always in support of Nagas as a playable race but I doubt it'll happen now that they're going to be the expansion villain and probably create a huge storm in an attempt to drown the world.
    LOL, every little breadcrumb before expansion reveals for the last 3 expansions was "proof of the South Seas expansion!" I remain skeptical, especially after one of the lead devs said that they've tried to pencil out the idea, but it's never worked. I can't remember when, but I think it was one of the discussions/interviews after the meeting with that pirate server's people.

I'd lean more towards Kul Tiras and such being the focus, but the whole "we ride around in boats like pirates" thing? I just don't think it's gonna happen. I don't get why this "South Seas" thing is such a unicorn, anyway, nothing about it really sounds that cool or fun.

This might be low on the priority list or maybe Intel is a supporter but can we please start getting AMD added to the build of the month? AMD Ryzen is as good as or better and cheaper then the Intel equivalent. People should know that.

Monthy reminder that these build of the month suggestions are awful. Also a reminder that he acknowledged my monthly reminder then promptly ignored the suggestions the following month.

How do you guys not have an Ultra Wide monitor on your top peripherals? WoW is amazing on an Ultra wide, it is the single biggest change you can make to the look and feel of the game. Your Unicorn build is also lacking. If someone wants to play WoW at Ultra+ it takes an incredible system. I run an i9-7900x w/ 2 1080 Tis in a full custom water loop and still can't max everything while pushing the render to 200% at 3440x1440. For Unicorn it should be something that is what someone would get when they want bleeding edge of possibility with current tech, price be damned, not a mediocre build. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Forgot storage and RAM. Samsung 960 Evos not plain old SATA. 32 GB at least of G.skill or Corsair or any other top brand of Memory at 3200Mhz. I also wouldn't recommend a 7900x for gaming, I have one for other reasons. At least a 7700k though since WoW is rather CPU heavy. an 8700k would probably be the best right now without going to x299.
    Last edited by Xiel; 2017-10-24 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiel View Post
    How do you guys not have an Ultra Wide monitor on your top peripherals? WoW is amazing on an Ultra wide, it is the single biggest change you can make to the look and feel of the game. Your Unicorn build is also lacking. If someone wants to play WoW at Ultra+ it takes an incredible system. I run an i9-7900x w/ 2 1080 Tis in a full custom water loop and still can't max everything while pushing the render to 200% at 3440x1440. For Unicorn it should be something that is what someone would get when they want bleeding edge of possibility with current tech, price be damned, not a mediocre build. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Forgot storage and RAM. Samsung 960 Evos not plain old SATA. 32 GB at least of G.skill or Corsair or any other top brand of Memory at 3200Mhz. I also wouldn't recommend a 7900x for gaming, I have one for other reasons. At least a 7700k though since WoW is rather CPU heavy. an 8700k would probably be the best right now without going to x299.
    Why 200%? Try 100 for best graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by DerBoeseWolf View Post
    A Intel Pentium G4500 in a gaming rig? Are you guys sane?
    Get an used Xeon E5 (2011 Socket). Or a new i3 (because of hyperthreading). Or a AMD Ryzen 3. They are cheaper and much better!
    I am pretty sure there is some massive bias here. Month after month AMD is not mentioned. Both on the CPU and GPU side.

480/580 are on par with the 1060.

CPU wise ryzen destroys intel when it comes to price for performance. The only time intel should be considered is if you are going to be putting a 1070/1080 in your machine. At that point go for a 6700k or better.

It drives me nuts seeing these "builds of the month" but it just boils down to clear bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Massive bias ... no AMD processors nor video cards month after month it's still the same. The team suggesting this builds should be ashamed of themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    So, not looking for a super power computer build, are any of those good to use?