Deleted

Lightbulb Mythic Maiden Help Please!

Today we started our progression on maiden using a WA to assign soaking spots. The composition we ran with was 2 Tanks, 5 Melee, 5 Healers and 8 Ranged. The problem we are having is two people of the same infusion getting similar soaks, for example ranged with fel infusion, Player 1 gets "Behind middle" and Ranged player 2 gets "Middle" does player 2 need to go to the fel side and stand melee range or should both players stay that side? Also why is this happening and is getting more melee going to help at all?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Starkerz.

Are you setting players' position in the raid interface as designated in the WA instructions? Ranged player 2 in your example is being given a melee soak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkerz View Post
    Today we started our progression on maiden using a WA to assign soaking spots. The composition we ran with was 2 Tanks, 5 Melee, 5 Healers and 8 Ranged. The problem we are having is two people of the same infusion getting similar soaks, for example ranged with fel infusion, Player 1 gets "Behind middle" and Ranged player 2 gets "Middle" does player 2 need to go to the fel side and stand melee range or should both players stay that side? Also why is this happening and is getting more melee going to help at all?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Starkerz.
    The Weakaura has priority in it, so make sure you are following its instruction when setting up your groups

For example, some Weakaura will ask you to stuff all the melee+tank in group 1+2, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Are you setting players' position in the raid interface as designated in the WA instructions? Ranged player 2 in your example is being given a melee soak.
    I've not seen any WA instructions buddy the WA was linked by a guildie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    The Weakaura has priority in it, so make sure you are following its instruction when setting up your groups

For example, some Weakaura will ask you to stuff all the melee+tank in group 1+2, etc.
    We have put melee and tanks in grp 1 and 2 yes.

Deleted
    We're likely going to switch or WA for progress this week. Last week (our first week on the boss) we wasted a lot of time assuming the WA was going to be as well engineered as the hydra shot ones for Mistress, but it turned out to be extremely sensitive to the raid comp... needing to put tanks/melee in G1/2 and healers/ranged in G3/4 - but also the raid leader needs to be a tank or a melee!

The Scrubbuster one seems to take class spec into consideration whilst dealing with assignments, and gives a better readout of the full raid for the raid leaders benefit... so going to give that a try, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkerz View Post
    I've not seen any WA instructions buddy the WA was linked by a guildie.
    You should probably go ask your guildie about the WA instead of people here on this forum, then - it's not like we'll know which one he gave you.
    There isn't anything that'll "automatically" configure everything exactly as you want it, because WA's aren't mind readers. They work off of specific rules (such as setting up a priority in a list, or assigning based on raid position).

Alternatively, go find a different maiden weakaura you actually have some documentation on.

The WA for hydra shot was certainly helpful, especially early on... That said, a WA for Maiden assignments is more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. It can be far more confusing and add another level of complexity to the fight = overcomplicating a simple mechanic.

It's easy enough to assign melee on the fly (and a ranged or two acting as melee if you are ranged heavy). Assign tanks to the outside lane every time - they leaves middle/inner (x2) = 4 people called out via the raid leader. Ranged DPS/healers simply look around them and soak the remaining orbs (they get filtered via the melee). Be vocal about your lane and that's it... There is so much time to prepare for each Blowback.
    Last edited by pappaslop; 2017-10-25 at 04:21 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how it "overcomplicates" anything. Make sure everyone has the same aura, so there isn't one snowflake who "knows better", uses their own version and ends up in a wrong spot. Then just take a quick look after Infusion and, well, that's it.

Most importantly, try it out on Normal or Heroic. You can make sure everything works properly, people get assigned to right spots, move in the right way and get a general feel for soaking - all without instantly dying if after a single mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I don't see how it "overcomplicates" anything.
    My comment was primarily directed at a guild just now starting to work on Maiden. The majority of wipes on Maiden won't come from missed orbs...

In the end, it all comes down to preparation. Time is limited for most and a raid group can easily waste their time during raid hours trying to make something effective when it is truly as simple as making a handful of vocal calls.

Try surrendering the Tidestone - it helped for my guild!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.