Poll: If you could swing a magic wand and have it your way, which would you choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Just start ignoring the obvious troll. It's clear he's just out to derail discussions.

Vanilla combined both simple encounter design with simple class design. The difficulty came from getting 40 semi-competent people together and having them actually do what they are supposed to do.
    I played a Mage back then. It was basically nothing more than spamming Frostbolt and wanding for mana or to lose threat with minimal to no movement involved in the large majority of all fights.
    Is this the same feeling you had 12 to 13 years ago. Do you think you can remember exactly? No one can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Is this the same feeling you had 12 to 13 years ago. Do you think you can remember exactly? No one can.
    I can because I'm not a retard. These are facts, not feelings, corroborated by anyone who raided in Vanilla at all.

Deleted
    As a frost mage if you knew how to use pots and other mana restorin things, you can cast pretty much forever without having to wand

what about

some classes need more complexity and some boss mechanics need less

but on average it's fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I can because I'm not a retard. These are facts, not feelings, corroborated by anyone who raided in Vanilla at all.
    No one can remember the full live experience in vanilla. The reason why pressing mainly a single button for some classes felt entertaining back in the days. The reason why a one button class was worth to theorycraft about. For the most plebs vanilla was the very first mmorpg experience without any reference to judge about the overall difficulty level of the mechanics, complexity etc..

Nowadays we claim that raiding in vanilla was hard, because it was hard to get 40 people together several times a week... in a time at which addon support was a joke compared even to burning crusade, in a time theorycrafting was something for very special nerds and far away from mainstream, in a time less players used key bindings instead of clicking. The amount of farming was also claimed to be a reason for the "difficult" circumstances to raid.... but the heck was the reason that we needed to farm that much? Because we died/wiped at all the easy stuff, didnt we?

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    but the heck was the reason that we needed to farm that much? Because we died/wiped at all the easy stuff, didnt we?
    Maybe, also because of need to gear ~60 nerds, (not 40 because you can't expect 40 people to show up to every progression raid).

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Maybe, also because of need to gear ~60 nerds, (not 40 because you can't expect 40 people to show up to every progression raid).
    the gearing thing wasnt a really big one (except the frost resi for sapphi which nearly no player ever faced), because you couldn't force the drop. We managed to clear aq40 and clear half of naxx before 1.12 with 3 raids a week. At some point we droped mc, bwl and even aq40 besides the fact the players could still make a use of the items out of the raids, but with only 3 raids per week you need to set priorities, especially if you want to reach a specific goal until a specific time (in our case max naxx progress pre 1.12). Naxxramas was huge, the down time was insane, so we were forced to invest all of our raid time to get to that specific point. The loot system in vanilla was insane, you could never plan for an specific item - CTS never dropped in our raid and DFT only once by clearing the raid for over 6 months (just two examples, we missed a lot more items).

My dh alt doesn't even need a 3rd action bar (barely needs the 2nd one), that explains all, btw there's too much imbalance in class difficulty between feral and retri/havoc/arms
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©