Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    So the GTX 1070i cards is due here in Denmark in 20 days and WTF was Nvidia thinking when they made this card?

They are slower then the GTX 1080 and if rumors are trrue they will be locked and can therefore not be OC'ed to 1080 lvl, but they cost the same and even some of them cost more then the 1080. So what is the point in making a card that cost the same and even more then a faster card?

Some leaks has even shown that it is not much faster then 10% of the normal 1070.

So have i missed something on this release or does Nvidia just want milk the 10 series a little more for people's money?
    Prices are normaly high before a release and a few weeks after release, because stupid ppl need to buy the new toys right now.
    Here in germany are the overpriced 1070TIs even cheaper as the most 1080s and soon they will be cost around 420-480€.
    Also the milking will just start with the 2000 series since its just a polaris refresh instead of volta.

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_i...-_1203530.html

Prices even droped today 30-50€.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Oh yeah? So a company flat out lying to you about the components of your GPU doesn't bother you? Using part of the memory that's 10x slower than GDDR5 is fine with you? What if it was 3GB? what if it was 2? Where would the fucking line be drawn for you apologists?

"They feed me shit but at least it's not diarrhea". That fucking card can't even do 1080p 60FPS with medium and high settings in Witcher 3, and forget about Hairworks and NVidia's other gimmick settings, you'll be running at 30s and 40s all day long.
    I am just trying to find Witcher 3 in my library? Why exactly do I care about this dung heap? Yeah it performs exactly as advertised, end of story. There is nothing to apologise for. A very cursory look about the web also reveals you to be full of shit about the witcher 3 frame rates.

Feel free to cry all you want, it will not change the FPS.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    the 1070 ti is $100 less than the 1080.
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING - 8GB 653 USD
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8GB 651 USD

So not 100$ less. The 1070 ti is in stock here in Denmark now and it has fallen a little in price today. Between 15-70$, but some 1070 ti cards still cost the same or more then the 1080 here in Denmark
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    You know there's something wrong with a product line when there's 10+ cards.
    1050Ti
    1070Ti
    1080Ti
    Titan Xp

... 7, and one of them is brand new, and on relatively outdated and replaced (1070Ti and Titan Xp, respectively)....

So more like six.

Case in point, I guess you don't keep up with benchmarks much do you? AMD is slowly catching up or beating Nvidia on new games every other day. The 64 smokes the TI in Forza. SMOKES. Anything above 1080p the AMD products catch up and start beating NGreedia's hackjob memory which is probably once against a mix of DDR3 and GDDR5. Go pay the price of a 1080 for a weaker 1080 labelled as TI and enjoy wasting your money.
    Lay off the pipe, son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QBohZ0hxwg

Hmm... Vega64 vs 1080 and 1080Ti.... losing across the board at 1440p. In Forza. /sadtrombone

Oh yeah? So a company flat out lying to you about the components of your GPU doesn't bother you? Using part of the memory that's 10x slower than GDDR5 is fine with you? What if it was 3GB? what if it was 2? Where would the fucking line be drawn for you apologists?

"They feed me shit but at least it's not diarrhea". That fucking card can't even do 1080p 60FPS with medium and high settings in Witcher 3, and forget about Hairworks and NVidia's other gimmick settings, you'll be running at 30s and 40s all day long.
    GTX 970 easily does 60fps in Witcher 3 on a mix of high and Ultra. You could, i dunno, go watch a video or something. And as for companies lying... they all lie. It might have mattered more if the VRAM had been a real issue at resolutions the 970 was capable of pushing. Owned one for 2 years, never once, playing any Triple A title, had it bounce off the 3.5GB Frame buffer. Ever. I mean, its not like AMD is truthful either.

They promised the moon with Vega and its a raging dumpster fire of a product. Overpriced, sucks too much power, runs too hot, and underperforms. Ryzen at least they didnt over-promise, but their GPU offerings lately have been largely straight up lies on performance pre release.

Even the actual MSRP of Vega was a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    1030, 1050, 1050Ti, 1060 3gb. 1060 6gb (Both 1060s have different clock speeds, it's not just memory), 1070, 1070 Ti, 1080, 1080 Ti, Titan Xp. Then all the laptop cards.
    The 1030 is not part of this product stack, and the laptop cards are not different silicon this generation, they are literally the exact same GPU die as the desktop cards. The 1060s have identical clock speeds, the 3GB has some CUDA cores disabled, but real-world, they perform within the margin of error of each other.

The 1030 is an office/HTPC/Ryzen-has-no-iGPU-and-I-dont-need-a-real-GPU product. Its the replacement for the GT 730.

So the GTX 1070i cards is due here in Denmark in 20 days and WTF was Nvidia thinking when they made this card?
    So have i missed something on this release or does Nvidia just want milk the 10 series a little more for people's money?
    Why not?

It's literally free performance as far as Nvidia is concerned. The GPU itself and the memory is the same as a 1070, the only change that they're making is that they're not disabling as much of the GPU.

Given the choice of continuing to disable big chunks of working graphics processors or to sell them as-is in another slightly higher tier product it seems simple. They could sell them for almost the same $$ as a 1070 but bump it up for market reasons, more profit out of nowhere.

its a headshot double tap to Vega56s skull

I guess you don't keep up with benchmarks much do you? AMD is slowly catching up or beating Nvidia on new games every other day. The 64 smokes the TI in Forza. SMOKES.
    What's this guy been smoking? Does he really think that his imaginary benchmarks will impede us from looking up actual ones. Ya, know, the ones that shows Nvidia wiping the floor with vega.

No wonder he's banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    1050Ti
    1070Ti
    1080Ti
    Titan Xp

... 7, and one of them is brand new, and on relatively outdated and replaced (1070Ti and Titan Xp, respectively)....

So more like six.
    We need a 1060 Ti.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

BTW you can OC the 1070TI.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like Nvidia has anything better to do. With the launch of Vega it essentially gave them an extended vacation to not rush Volta out to market so why not just use some of that spare time to bury the one product miner's haven't pushed out of consideration which was in the same performance ball park of the 1070.

Don't get mad at Nvidia for taking hardly no time or effort to swat away a fly, get mad at the Radeon Technology Group for essentially squandering years of production and idiotic marketing bullshit to come up with their own version of the HD 2900 XT.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Don't get mad at Nvidia for taking hardly no time or effort to swat away a fly, get mad at the Radeon Technology Group for essentially squandering years of production and idiotic marketing bullshit to come up with their own version of the HD 2900 XT.
    I have no idea what the line of thought for AMD was there... maybe they hoped to pull Vega out a year ago and even then it would have been creamed anyway. Let alone all their Volta Bettered crap lol.

Eh not sure what the problem with 1070ti is, is cheaper than 1080 relative to how much slower it is.

Really tho what people should be doing is buying used EVGA 1080's, warranty transfers to new owner and you can find them for 400 bucks usually.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have no idea what the line of thought for AMD was there... maybe they hoped to pull Vega out a year ago and even then it would have been creamed anyway. Let alone all their Volta Bettered crap lol.
    HBM2 more than likely. Between the initial yield issues and being unable to create proper drivers right up until release they probably could have had a cheaper Vega out a year ago if they went with more conventional choices. The feature they wanted most is likely what torpedoed the whole thing which makes me wonder if they're going to give HBM another chance with Navi, go with GDDR5X or become early adopters of GDDR6 which, afaik, Nvidia will be doing with Volta.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-11-01 at 01:48 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They wanted to be on the forefront of a new technology, they wanted HBM2 to be the latest and greatest thing.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Eh not sure what the problem with 1070ti is, is cheaper than 1080 relative to how much slower it is.

Really tho what people should be doing is buying used EVGA 1080's, warranty transfers to new owner and you can find them for 400 bucks usually.
    Maybe where you live, but here in Scandinavia it's the same price and the top 1070 ti cards, cost more then the 1080
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Not sure what to tell ya, in the states the 1070 ti's are 50 bucks less than their 1080 counterpart.