1. #1
    Banned Jaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The White House
    Posts
    8,832

    Is "Perma-ban" a thing?

    I've seen people be temporarily banned from posting on the forums (myself included ), but is there such a thing as a "perma-ban"?

  2. #2
    Well i guess you could hack their database, steal or corrupt everything they have and brag about it on reddit?

    Buuuut im sure there would be a way to come back.
    So i'll go with "no, there is no definitive perma-ban" imo.

  3. #3
    Banned Jaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The White House
    Posts
    8,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Well i guess you could hack their database, steal or corrupt everything they have and brag about it on reddit?

    Buuuut im sure there would be a way to come back.
    So i'll go with "no, there is no definitive perma-ban" imo.
    Ahh yeah I was just curious because I see posters all the time calling for other posters to be "perma-banned" just because they disagree with their opinion, and I didn't know if it was ever possible without doing something extremely malicious to the site or something.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I've seen people be temporarily banned from posting on the forums (myself included ), but is there such a thing as a "perma-ban"?
    I wouldnt tempt fate if i were you Jay. With your thread quality and bait level im surprised you havent been permabanned yet. If i were a mod youd be gone bud lol.

  5. #5
    that post count difference between the two of you is hilarious...both 5 year members...one posts daily bait threads, the other is either rarely on the forums or just prefers to lurk

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    I wouldnt tempt fate if i were you Jay. With your thread quality and bait level im surprised you havent been permabanned yet. If i were a mod youd be gone bud lol.
    Glad you aren't mod, you'd be in charge of some very boring forums! He gives it a bit of life and memery. You need a few memorable chaps like that in a community.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Glad you aren't mod, you'd be in charge of some very boring forums! He gives it a bit of life and memery. You need a few memorable chaps like that in a community.
    I never said I was against people having funny/memey threads or trying to bring life to the forums.
    But when you have someone straight up copy pasting existing threads just to have your name as OP and posting clear bait every second thread, you get tired of those "Memorable chaps", thats when theyre just a nuisance.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire abracmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    429
    I actually asked a mod this question once.

    From memory: Perma-bans do exist, but they're exceedingly rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    I actually asked a mod this question once.

    From memory: Perma-bans do exist, but they're exceedingly rare.
    Case-in-point, I only know of kidkilla when I think of permabans.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  10. #10
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,485
    Yes there are perma bans, we hand out dozens of them per day to spammers. Regular users can also get a perma ban, but you would have to do some exceedingly bad stuff to get it. Usually you will just get longer and longer bans, up to 3 months, to the point of being gone from the forums more than you are actually posting. It's as good as a perma ban, but with the prospect oif being able to return to posting if you improve your behaviour.

    There are cases though where we decide that a person has been a problem on the forums to such a degree and for such a long period of time that we decide to perma ban them, even if their posting has never brought them to a threshold to actually trigger a permaban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •