Searching for a new Desktop PC.

Hello there. Before I go into what I'm looking for, in 2014, I had gotten a pre-built PC from Cybertron PC--as did another family member about a month later. It was supposed to be top of the line at the time. I cant recall what it was exactly, but it was Cybertron Beast II, with a blue large case, ran on windows 8.1, with a lot of ram/etc.

I had a TON of issues with this thing almost right out of the box. But before you say "did you have a warranty?" Yes, however, the help representative I had, we constantly were trying to troubleshoot things. It was overheating and shutting down with a black screen, etc. The representative was extremely stuck on it being a video card issue because it only happened during games. I told him I wanted the thing gutted and everything replaced, but he said to just switch out a new video card with one they will send. So it works better, for a while.

My family member decided to get one, had similar issues, sent hers back, turns out they found faulty batch of computer components, gutted her PC and gave her new parts. I wasnt as lucky. Mine worked decently for a while, but by the time another major issue happened, the representative told me they could no longer help me because my warranty was out. I took things into my own hands, asking a friend who knew a bit more than I do about computers, to hook up a new power supply, and a newer video card, around 2016.

Works 'better' than it ever did for about a year, but then I got nasty stutter lag in my games, and most recently, my motherboard died out of nowhere.

TLDR:

This being said, I am now without a desktop. I am looking for reliable/plug and play, pre-built, top of the line gaming desktops around $1k-1.5k that should run almost all current games/upgradable. Warranty is something I'd like as well. After what I've been through, I would rather ask people who are users of PCs like what I am looking for, instead of taking a risk as before.I cant really do a custom build myself because I am physically unable, and not all that computer-hardware savvy to build one. So, is there any out there that you guys could recommend?
    Last edited by Narkra; 2017-10-27 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the actual hardware? The motherboard itself may still be under warranty... But if it's decent hardware (My CPU/Board is older than yours and still runs new games fine), it may be worthwhile just replacing the board.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What is the actual hardware? The motherboard itself may still be under warranty... But if it's decent hardware (My CPU/Board is older than yours and still runs new games fine), it may be worthwhile just replacing the board.
    I believe everything had run out in May of this year, as I had checked. However, this is the PC itself with the details. The only thing that has changed is the power supply and the videocard, which were working well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertr...?skuId=6357039

However, I think I may feel better going for a new PC because I am unsure what other parts in this set up are faulty; if I was more certain I wouldnt need to continue replacements, I would probably go with a new motherboard, but I have spent a bit more than I'd like to with replacement parts. >< I may use the working parts to upgrade a guest PC, so money isnt an issue too much on what I spent because they can be used, though a budget would be $1k-1.5k for a new desktop.
    Last edited by Narkra; 2017-10-27 at 08:06 AM.

I'd recommend - Asus. Here is the part number at newegg "N82E16883221445"
    Asus historically has been a good by for myself. Typically I'd tell you to build your own machine but if your looking for set and go ASUS does have good quality parts.

Thanks Zizzos! Ill check them out. My brother had an asus laptop, so I think a desktop could be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, the ASUS seems pretty nice, though I think my old rig had 2TBs, do you happen to know how upgradable the ASUS desktop is? I was thinking I could add one TB to it if the one I have in the old computer still works. @zizzos

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a quick update on my old rig: I had a friend interested in coming by/looking at it today more in depth than I could, just because he wanted to check it out to see if he could diagnose anything, apparently Cybertron had given me a faulty cooling system (even said they had looked over all the parts while I had sent it in for the warranty--it was in all kinds of bent-out shape) and the cable for the hard drive/power supply cable was loose, which caused the PC to go into the gigabyte boot mode thing (I don't know exactly what it is, but it deals with the bios menu stuff). It booted up well after repairing it self, but it shuts off after a while because the cooling system is busted.

I'll be probably getting another cooling system for it monday, but in the long run, I will be looking at more computers. But, be careful people: I would avoid Cybertron if possible. ><