Deleted

Tips for new player please? =)

Hi all,

Im coming back to WoW after a long time (i left in early Cataclysm) and i am wondering what professions should i get for a good profit. I have thought about just going mining / herbalism and sell the mats, but usually you make more gold doing flasks/gems/enchants and things like that, dont know if it is still like that so...

Any suggestions? ^^

Thank you all in advance !

Kinda late into the expansion but herbalism still works, mining i wouldnt say it does anything, your best bet is probably herbalism/alchemy--> get a 3 star of something and try to profit because the new raid is out soonish.

Although enchants work too, as i said late into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurandero View Post
    Hi all,

Im coming back to WoW after a long time (i left in early Cataclysm) and i am wondering what professions should i get for a good profit. I have thought about just going mining / herbalism and sell the mats, but usually you make more gold doing flasks/gems/enchants and things like that, dont know if it is still like that so...

Any suggestions? ^^

Thank you all in advance !
    Never too late to start to earn gold, all professions can make gold, it just depends on servers etc.

Herb/mining is easy gold, as raw material always sell. And its an easy way to get some quick starting capital. Other than that you kinda have to look into what sells well on your server, on my server rank 3 flasks/potions hardly have any profit now (but that will most likely change when new raid comes out), enchants are kinda in the same boat.

To earn gold you need to do some research, and don't limit your self to current content.

If gold is your primary gold, you could look into farming up 100-200k gold with herbing/mining and then look into shuffling/flipping stuff on AH. It might not be the funniest thing to do if you're not interested in it, but you can earn some good gold just playing the AH once you got the capital.

There are a lot of good tips and tricks over that the wow economy reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/, or at the discord channel (https://discord.gg/RhHbcW)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget order hall(s), for semi-passive gold income ( up to 1200+1750 bonus per mission for 950 followers)

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Don't forget order hall(s), for semi-passive gold income ( up to 1200+1750 bonus per mission for 950 followers)
    Yeah that stuff adds up really quick. I got 5 chars with 900+ followers, earning about 12-14k/day by simply logging in and sending out my followers and occasionally doing some order hall resources WQ with a follower that got 3 resources items on him. Really easy to keep going that way, and I earn about 350-400k/month from that alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If i got one toon and thats it id spam random heroic 5 mans for the satchel which yields about 800g. Preferably a healer or tank for faster queues. Whle im in queue id mine / herb.

Currently i have over ten level 110s. Looking at the WQ map i see there is about 1200g in world quests at this moment. I could run just those on every toon and make 15k per day or so. Add in the fact that they run their gold missions from the mssion table plus accidental gld here and there and i can make 25k-30k raw gold per day. Could make 1 million gold per month without touching the auction house or a profession.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-10-27 at 01:36 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Nice tips for the momment ! Will check those links when i have the time Mr Feederino Senpai, but i think herb+mining will do it for a good start. When i get to know order hall(s), WQ and all that stuff, i can always change mining to alchemy (ppl always raid !) and then the alter will give more profit.

Thank you all for the help guyz

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    quit this shit game.
    /spit@Blizzard

On my server you can casually make 10-30k a day just gathering herbs\ore as you do your WQ's on a dual gather toon. Seems like everyone is a lazy prick now and will not gather probably due to it being so easy in WoD and the huge amount of gold that is in the economy still.

( I do also have a bunch of alchs but that hasn't been anywhere near as profitable, the mats sell for more than the end product. Which is pretty standard and there is no daily CD to abuse the crap out of, unless you count making a few Sky Golems a month.)
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2017-10-29 at 10:30 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My best performing profession at the moment is cooking. Lavish Suramar Feasts sell for 1400g each on my server currently. The downside is that for a new player you have to go through the recipe research phase which takes quite sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, given the quest nature of leveling crafting profs, I'd go 2x gathering profs. See what's selling on your AH but 2 of mining/herb/skinning.

For gold, also make sure you spend a few minutes when you get to Legion order halls and do the gold missions. ~500-3k for clicking a mission is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    At this point, given the quest nature of leveling crafting profs, I'd go 2x gathering profs. See what's selling on your AH but 2 of mining/herb/skinning.

For gold, also make sure you spend a few minutes when you get to Legion order halls and do the gold missions. ~500-3k for clicking a mission is a no brainer.
    I'd avoid skinning personally the return is not worth the time as it is only used in one profession whereas herbs\ore are used in multiple (and there is no arctic fur equivalent in this expansion).
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    quit this shit game.
    hahahaha

You should get the proffesion that suits you the best, if you like gathering materials you should get herbalism / mining, but you if like playing on the AuctionHouse and are good to undercut your competition, sure you can go into the flask / gem marked, but there are much competition, get "auctinator" addon to help you with that

- - - Updated - - -

you can also make good amounts of gold without professions, like farming some rare pets or tmogs etc, and if you really like playing on AH then flipping items is really profitable

google any question you have BEFORE you ask trade chat.

in fact, just don't ask trade chat.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...