7+ Year Old Account

Spector of Betrayal for frost

Asking for personal opinions on a 935 trinket. Tooltip says 781,xxx damage and I used it on M sisters and it did roughly 22 mill used on CD. Lower than my auto attacks.

For UH it's amazing with 92% mastery.

I use a 920 Chaos Tailsman and a 930 cradle. My haste without one of those is over 25.14 so I'm fine with that.

Would you guys use this 935 Spector if you had it? For frost

I've avoided Specter thus far. It doesn't sim very well, can be difficult to use optimally, (i.e. movement) and generally feels like too much of a hassle compared to a half-decent stat stick.

For reference I was comparing a 930 Specter with my 930 Cradle and 930 Fel-Oiled Machine. It fell behind both, (although it was close to the Fel-Oiled).

My 935 Spectre sims better than 920 Fel Oiled / 920 Cradle so I use it. In reality it may not be as good or equivalent. If the boss is moved around a lot then you aren't going to get use of the double ghost activation.

Cradle is going to sim a lot higher than in reality though too because it assume you have the buff up 100% of the time, and in the reality of raids that is not the case. You will sometimes drop under 50% health.

For my 2nd trinket I just recently got lucky with the 935 Violet Hold trinket which is a better version of Cradle (I forget the name), its static haste with stacking STR on auto attack hits (up to 20). You lose one stack per second after not auto attacking for 4 seconds. For a majority of bosses this will have a better uptime than Cradle. The only downside is the start of the fight you don't have the max STR burst for the first Chains and Sindragosa hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok thank guys. the 935 Spector sim'd 1k better than anything else in my bags. I started to hate my 930 Engine, especially on M sisters when the orbs proc'd... and then said to myself its just a 1320 mastery with 7k str on proc that I have to run around for. so looking to ditch that asap. least the spector is 28xx str static.

was gonna craft a 935 alchemist trink as that shit procs so much on my scrub DH but eh.

All those trinkets contribute almost nothing to DPS. Just take the one you're the most comfortable with tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Asking for personal opinions on a 935 trinket.
    I got a 930 specter, 930 vial, 930 engine, 930 cradle, 935 momento and a 930 hunger of the pack to compare.

Specter and engine are just cancer. Specter sims unrealistic high because it allways assumes 100% double usage and engine is just a trinket from hell for any slow melee.

My best logs and highest DPS peaks were allways with a momento. Momento is just average and in line with good stat-sticks but inGame with the hidden proc things get just insane. Hunger of the Pack is just magical in M+ with its nearly perma runspeed uptime.

930 cradle sims a bit higher than my 930 hunger of the pack (+socket) but inGame I get better logs with hunger of the pack, I think haste is allways a bit overvalued in sims and I cant get for sure a 100% uptime with cradle stacks. Staying in range and surviving with AMS seems better to me, than running around wasting DPS uptime just to keep the cradle stacks.

Specter+Vial are not even worth it for WQ as unholy with 90% mastery and much worse for Frost if you got better options at the same ilvl.
    Last edited by Ange; 2017-10-28 at 02:58 PM.
    -

930 Cradle and 920 Engine have worked best for me so far. I looked at my logs for the first 6 mythic bosses and it's rare that I drop below 50% so the uptime is actually pretty solid. With food buff I get around 102% Mastery (unholy) It's delicious.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I got a 930 specter, 930 vial, 930 engine, 930 cradle, 935 momento and a 930 hunger of the pack to compare.

Specter and engine are just cancer. Specter sims unrealistic high because it allways assumes 100% double usage and engine is just a trinket from hell for any slow melee.

My best logs and highest DPS peaks were allways with a momento. Momento is just average and in line with good stat-sticks but inGame with the hidden proc things get just insane. Hunger of the Pack is just magical in M+ with its nearly perma runspeed uptime.

930 cradle sims a bit higher than my 930 hunger of the pack (+socket) but inGame I get better logs with hunger of the pack, I think haste is allways a bit overvalued in sims and I cant get for sure a 100% uptime with cradle stacks. Staying in range and surviving with AMS seems better to me, than running around wasting DPS uptime just to keep the cradle stacks.

Specter+Vial are not even worth it for WQ as unholy with 90% mastery and much worse for Frost if you got better options at the same ilvl.
    yes Engine was fun for about a week on ToS release. not its a choir collecting orbs. seems to proc less for Frost. as UH all I did was run around picking them up.

ill stick with 920 CT and 930 cradle for the last 2 weeks of ToS.

ok thank guys. the 935 Spector sim'd 1k better than anything else in my bags
    1k is nothing with trinkets giving >100k, sometimes 150k dps

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    1k is nothing with trinkets giving >100k, sometimes 150k dps
    Yeah I'm agreeing with you. Did many pugs yesterday and was not impressed with the damage when used in cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Yeah I'm agreeing with you. Did many pugs yesterday and was not impressed with the damage when used in cool down.
    It will also depend a lot on the fight length

first activation of specter will do half damage because there is only 1 ghost out, every activation beyond that on patchwerk will hit with 2 ghosts

3 activations = 5 hits
    6 activations = 11 hits

on a 5 minute sim duration the amount of specter activations in a row hides the weakness of the first hit but in reality you're rarely sitting in the same spot hitting 1 target for 5 minutes. It's important to sim a variety of different fight lengths for understanding how trinkets, legendaries and talents work and scale

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    It will also depend a lot on the fight length

first activation of specter will do half damage because there is only 1 ghost out, every activation beyond that on patchwerk will hit with 2 ghosts

3 activations = 5 hits
    6 activations = 11 hits

on a 5 minute sim duration the amount of specter activations in a row hides the weakness of the first hit but in reality you're rarely sitting in the same spot hitting 1 target for 5 minutes. It's important to sim a variety of different fight lengths for understanding how trinkets, legendaries and talents work and scale
    Hmm. Didn't know that's how specter worked. I sim patchwerk and beastlord with 6 and 7 min since in reality that what my raid team kills bosses.