Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I said on that thread, let's wait for more evidence. One guy tweeting is alarming, but we don't have proof yet. Deutsche Bank does, and they're complying with subpoenas. If this is true, we'll know about it soon enough.
    Pretty much. It's why I didn't start a thread with just that nugget. If the actual documents come out and confirm it, there'll be a new thread where the usual suspects can "BuT HILLAREEEEEEEEEEEE" as hard as they have ever "BUT HILLAREEEEEEE'd"
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

As I said on that thread, let's wait for more evidence. One guy tweeting is alarming, but we don't have proof yet. Deutsche Bank does, and they're complying with subpoenas. If this is true, we'll know about it soon enough.
    Agreed...

...but, oh man, that would explain a WHOLE lot if true!

Putting down 10 to 1 odds that Trump will not be impeached, anyone want to take my offer?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Putting down 10 to 1 odds that Trump will not be impeached, anyone want to take my offer?
    Lol! Really going out on a limb. I think you are a safe winner. But it is possible the Democrats will impeach ( strictly for political reasons ), but it will never be approved by the Senate.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

Wow, you mean Republicans won't turn on Trump? No way! Who could have seen that amazing prediction coming?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Really going out on a limb. I think you are a safe winner. But it is possible the Democrats will impeach ( strictly for political reasons ), but it will never be approved by the Senate.
    How would an impeachment not be a political reason? You still have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I don't think they have enough Democrats for it to pass the house, I doubt all of them would vote for it which is why they haven't tried it yet.

Trump impeachment effort once again rejected in House

The House voted to table Rep. Al Green’s article of impeachment 332 to 95, the third time his effort has gone down in defeat.

Looks like most Democrats are smart enough to know this is a stupid idea. Unless some smoking gun comes to light, it's not going to happen.

The only reason why some house members wouldn't vote to impeach is because they know the Senate (for now) wouldn't put it through. Also some members would rather just let Trump continue damaging himself and the GOP until election day so dems win even more seats. I don't agree with this tactic, but here we are.

But don't kid yourself, many republicans in congress know Trump shouldn't be president. They would impeach him if they weren't worried about it harming their own careers. It's just as disgusting as why some dems won't do it.

How about some honesty, though? Trump has already done dozens of different things that a republican congress would have impeached a president Hillary over. There's zero doubt of this. You give a president Hillary just a few of Trump scandals and fuck ups and we would have had a president Tim Kaine over a year ago.

This truth is why it's impossible to take Trump supporters seriously. We all know for an absolute fact that they'd be calling for Hillary's head if she had done/said just some of what Trump has.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-08-28 at 02:03 PM.

I don't think they have enough Democrats for it to pass the house, I doubt all of them would vote for it which is why they haven't tried it yet.

The House voted to table Rep. Al Green’s article of impeachment 332 to 95, the third time his effort has gone down in defeat.

Looks like most Democrats are smart enough to know this is a stupid idea. Unless some smoking gun comes to light, it's not going to happen.
    Most democrats voted against it because Congressman Nadler is still going through discovery and getting as much testimony as he can before he recommends the rest of the house to vote on the evidence for impeachment.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The only reason why some house members wouldn't vote to impeach is because they know the Senate (for now) wouldn't put it through. Also some members would rather just let Trump continue damaging himself and the GOP until election day so dems win even more seats. I don't agree with this tactic, but here we are.

But don't kid yourself, many republicans in congress know Trump shouldn't be president. They would impeach him if they weren't worried about it harming their own careers. It's just as disgusting as why some dems won't do it.

How about some honesty, though? Trump has already done dozens of different things that a republican congress would have impeached a president Hillary over. There's zero doubt of this. You give a president Hillary just a few of Trump scandals and fuck ups and we would have had a president Tim Kaine over a year ago.

This truth is why it's impossible to take Trump supporters seriously. We all know for an absolute fact that they'd be calling for Hillary's head if she had done/said just some of what Trump has.
    I'm going to answer this with another poster's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most of us who want to see impeachment proceedings know it's gonna fail in the Senate. We're not suggesting the Democrats in the House spend any real political capital to get it through. Just punch it through the House, make the Senate vote on it, and get every representative's vote on the public record on the matter.

It's that last bit that we're hoping to get out of all this, not an actual removal of Trump from the role of POTUS.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-08-28 at 02:16 PM.

Agreed - we need to see the proof. Trump pushing hard and fast to prevent anyone from seeing those documents is another indicator, however, but we can't know until we see. Hopefully soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why are you are referring to some smoking gun. Trump is already objectively breaking at least two laws, each of which easily qualify for impeachment. That does not include his daily dose of objective lies. Just because you don't understand the Impeachment process nor the political issues surround the dems decisions to move forward or not, doesn't mean you have to spew your bs.
    No one is above the law!

lol, impeaching a criminal for selling out the country to Russians is political, but stopping that impeachment because that guy has an R by his name isn't.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

It continues to be amazing how impeachment is appropriate for lying about a blowjob, but not for a criminal president that's compromised by a hostile foreign power. Republicans are betraying this country every single day by letting this continue.

Maybe enough of them will grow a spine after recent news regarding Trump's finances/taxes/loans.

How about face charges when he leaves office?
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

As soon as Trump loses the protection of the office him and his family are going to be taken down from multiple directions. There's an incredibly high chance that they all spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lol exactly. Trump won't be kicked out by the full impeachment process. The Senate likely will never have the votes. However, Articles will more than likely be drawn up by the Dems, voted upon, and passed. But I'm sure Little Zenny wouldn't count that as "impeachment" in his adorable little bet (a bet he knows he can't lose).

But face charges after office? Hell yes. He and his family will spend the rest of their lives in court defending their slew of illegal acts.
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He and his family will spend the rest of their lives in court defending their slew of illegal acts.
    New York State is out for blood. Trump's lawyers have a stay of execution before their minty-fresh new law lets them hand the documents directly to Congress, who quite frankly, should have had them anyhow. Plus, there are other NYState suits involving everything from his sham charity to Cohen.

Or, you know, if Deutsche Bank hands them over first, I won't complain.

New York State is out for blood. Trump's lawyers have a stay of execution before their minty-fresh new law lets them hand the documents directly to Congress, who quite frankly, should have had them anyhow. Plus, there are other NYState suits involving everything from his sham charity to Cohen.

Or, you know, if Deutsche Bank hands them over first, I won't complain.
    Duck and dive, duck and dive. It's all he has now - trying to sue his way out of all his illegal activities. I mean, that stay is based on deciding which judge should hear the suit - NY or DC. Delay and delay.

The oligarchy co-signers seem like something worth preventing anyone from ever seeing at any cost. Plus, his true wealth.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you handle the fact that he's already facing charges right now? Does that in any way affect the reality you've created?
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I mean, that stay is based on deciding which judge should hear the suit - NY or DC. Delay and delay.
    "Delay and delay" is going to be a riskier and riskier topics as his odds of re-election get worse. But that's another thread.

I'm no expert, but for this to be a federal court issue, Trump somehow has to find the part of the Constitution which prevents a state government from handing over to the federal government when the federal government asks nicely. Because I can promise you there's nothing in NYState law specifically which says "oh shit, you're right, nevermind".