1. #24601
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,480
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    oh gods damnit... I misread the title/article. I thought it was the probe EVOLVING into an investigation of Dump, not Bumbling Barr pulling a benghazi and investigating the probe itself. Ugh...

    This is what I get for reading/responding to things at 2am, while hopped up on lots of caffene, after seeing an arthouse movie about two lighthouse keepers going bonkers drunk for 2 hours. >_<

    PASS! >_<
    What? Nothing about the picture I'm i ntroducing into everyone's head.

    Of this man:



    Giving this man:




    A hand job?

    We're Taking Your President Away From You. | Users with <20 posts and ignored posters are invisible. Find out how to do that here and clean up MMO-OT!

  2. #24602
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What? Nothing about the picture I'm i ntroducing into everyone's head.

    Of this man:

    [img]https://images.axios.com/fCehAvFe00J-X6rMI-iztmFwB4I=/0x200:1920x1280/1920x1080/2019/05/02/1556790875108.jpg[img]

    Giving this man:

    [img]https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190207155046-02-trump-health-exlarge-169.jpg[img]


    A hand job?

    [img]https://media.tenor.com/images/1df03768272da301b3eabb1979c8ad91/tenor.gif[img]
    Ain't nobody want'n to picture that! >_<

    ;P

  3. #24603
    Well now @Skroe you know what's going to happen once your buddy sees those pictures.

    Thank you for your sacrifice -- the daily laugh was definitely worth it.

    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  4. #24604
    Ummm...dafuq is this shit!?


    Maria Butina: Russian agent released from US prison.


    A Russian woman who admitted acting as an agent and infiltrating US political groups has been freed from a Florida prison and will be deported.

    Maria Butina was sentenced to 18 months earlier this year after admitting to a single count of conspiracy, but was given credit for time already served.

    The 30-year-old pro-gun activist tried to infiltrate the National Rifle Association (NRA) to influence policy.

    Russian officials say she is expected to arrive in Moscow on Saturday.

    Butina was released from a low-security prison in Tallahassee, and is being transferred to a migration centre in the city of Miami to be deported.

    Her lawyer, Robert Driscoll, earlier said he had been given little information about her release.

    "They tend to do these things like they're moving a nuclear bomb, and they're not," he told the Washington Examiner.

    Mr Driscoll said two US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents would escort Butina until she was on her way to Moscow.

  5. #24605
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    oh gods damnit... I misread the title/article. I thought it was the probe EVOLVING into an investigation of Dump, not Bumbling Barr pulling a benghazi and investigating the probe itself. Ugh...

    This is what I get for reading/responding to things at 2am, while hopped up on lots of caffene, after seeing an arthouse movie about two lighthouse keepers going bonkers drunk for 2 hours. >_<

    PASS! >_<
    Yea, it's just an extension of the efforts Trump has been engaged in. #1. Discredit the investigation and #2 dig up dirt on Biden.

    The guy they picked to do this investigation is John Durham https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Durham_(lawyer)

    On the surface I'm not aware of anything inappropriate in his behavior but I can't help but be weary over anyone handpicked by Barr.

    At the end of the day no one knows what crime is being investigated, it lets them subpoena information, but I suspect the main purpose was just to make Trump happy.

  6. #24606
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    At the end of the day no one knows what crime is being investigated, it lets them subpoena information, but I suspect the main purpose was just to make Trump happy.
    It's sadly more than just making Dump be happy. It's there so Dump can scream twits out shouting saying "Look, the Liberal Fake News Media is talking about fake impeachment, while there's a REAL corruption investigation into the Fake News Probe lead by 13 angry democrats is taking place. DO SOMETHING!!!" >_<

    It's like Benghazi, the whole point is to just "Be there" to tar the Democrats. They know their ain't shit there for them to find... it's just their for the base to say "Oh look, there's an investigation, so they must be corrupt! Thank god (Trump, not actual God... they replaced him) he and his chosen disciple, Quanon, are working to save us all!"

    /barf

  7. #24607
    So, this could be big news, but not much of a fleshed out story yet. Congress will get mueller's grand jury testimony.

    Edit: To add, this means that after review, the judge felt it in the public interest to breach grand jury secrecy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  8. #24608
    Judge rules DOJ must turn over Mueller grand jury material to House Democrats

    A federal judge has ruled that the Justice Department must turn over former special counsel Robert Mueller's grand jury evidence to the House Judiciary Committee, a victory for Democrats in their effort to investigate whether President Donald Trump obstructed the long-running Russia probe.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration


  9. #24609
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's just Bill Barr giving a hand job to Dear Donald, who has had a bad, bad, bad few weeks.

    Nothingburder.
    Oh my god I did not need that mental image.

  10. #24610
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Judge rules DOJ must turn over Mueller grand jury material to House Democrats

    A federal judge has ruled that the Justice Department must turn over former special counsel Robert Mueller's grand jury evidence to the House Judiciary Committee, a victory for Democrats in their effort to investigate whether President Donald Trump obstructed the long-running Russia probe.
    In a double victory for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Judge Beryl Howell — the chief federal judge in Washington — ruled that the impeachment inquiry Democrats have launched is valid even though the House hasn't taken a formal vote on it. The decision rejects arguments by DOJ and congressional Republicans that a formal vote is necessary to launch impeachment proceedings.
    Sick burn that’ll be appealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  11. #24611
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sick burn that’ll be appealed.
    They can appeal until the end of days, the constitution is firmly on the Democrats side here.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #24612
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They can appeal until the end of days, the constitution is firmly on the Democrats side here.
    Why do you believe that the constitution would have any bearing on a ruling from a Federalist Society judge?

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •