15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Yes, it is interesting question that i would love to see explained in detail.

As outsider, to me it looks like political plays are always more important to them then actual "investigations"; same for Democrats. It's all about gaining points on opponent. Doesn't mean they are not interested in what investigations might reveal - just the point of where their priorities lie.

Rosenstein is also not Trump appointee; i guess they do want to fix that mistake in the end.
    Getting a guilty verdict on an opponent is one of the ultimate finalities of "gaining points against an opponent". There's very little in arguing against a guilty verdict in a court of law, at least if your country has faith in its justice system.

However, it seems as if the Trump administration is desperately trying to undermine the validity of the justice system. They're not actually using the justice system to prove that justice is on their side. Of course, the Trumpkin and Putinista answer is that the entire justice system is just working in a grand conspiracy against Trump, however the reality is that justice just simply isn't on their side, period.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    At this point, plenty of Americans seem to like either outcome.

And that should be more worrying to Americans then Putin.
    For once, I agree. There are too many people for whom TDK's Joker is a role model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Are we still pushing this thread? Muller could come out tomorrow and show text messages between Putin and Trump talking about how to rig the ballots and it wouldn't matter since the investigation was corrupt from the start. It's over folks.
    The only thing that's over is your narrative.

Nunes said he didn't read the FISA warrants, Gowdy did.

And Gowdy says the memo in no way discredits the Mueller investigation.

It's over. You lost. Just like you'll lose in 2018 and just like you'll lose in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The only thing that's over is your narrative.

Nunes said he didn't read the FISA warrants, Gowdy did.

And Gowdy says the memo in no way discredits the Mueller investigation.

It's over. You lost. Just like you'll lose in 2018 and just like you'll lose in 2020.
    Even that is kind of almost irrelevant. The entire purpose of the memo was bogus to begin with, as I have been saying from the beginning, even if every word is true, it doesn't discredit the FBI in any way. Flimsy evidence is and always has been enough to get a warrant, because usually that is all you have to begin with. You can't ignore a possible lead just because you don't trust the source, the purpose of a warrant is to gather additional, credible evidence to see if an arrest or indictment can be made. If some crackpot makes a death threat, that will be enough to generate a warrant, even everything about it is flimsy. Amusingly, the Republicans roasted Clinton because she didn't act on flimsy evidence over Benghazi, which turned out to be credible despite being flimsy.

The thing about incredible evidence, is that sometimes it is true. Our history is full of political smear jobs that turned out to be absolutely True. Jefferson's black mistress is one such story, it was created as a political smear job, Jefferson denied it, and it was considered such until DNA testing proved it was actually true. Hundreds of murder suspects are initially tagged by the on scene testimony of addicts, drunks, and other unreliable witnesses. You can't convict them based on it, but when you follow up you find more. The Page warrant was renewed quite a few times, because they were finding more. The requirement for renewal is to show that you are gathering useful things and need more time, you can't just throw the dossier at them every time.

So this is an overhyped nothingburger even if it is absolutely honest. And of course it isn't honest, but I don't expect our resident Trumpsters to recognize that. Instead they keep going on about things that aren't in the memo, like spying on Trump's campaign (Page wasn't in the campaign during his surveillance, and according to the campaign, was never part of it at all), and bizarre deep state conspiracy theories which aren't in the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    For once, I agree. There are too many people for whom TDK's Joker is a role model.
    OMG, THANK YOU! I'm so glad I found somebody else who also gets annoyed when people quote that Joker as like he's some poignant messiah of realization. >_<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    OMG, THANK YOU! I'm so glad I found somebody else who also gets annoyed when people quote that Joker as like he's some poignant messiah of realization. >_<
    They’re the same people who look at rick from rick and morty as a role model. And the same people who look at the protagonists of Fight Club as something to be emulated.

The funniest part is that those who do quote him usually do not get him. That Joker, by virtue of being a fictional character, was someone who 'wanted to see the world burn', but was also perfectly willing to burn with it. Most of the people here on this forum who seem to want to see the US government crash and burn as some sort of cleansing fire only do so because they think it would not impair them in a meaningful way. Or that they would be 'the hero' of their story if things did break down, instead of some extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    They’re the same people who look at rick from rick and morty as a role model. And the same people who look at the protagonists of Fight Club as something to be emulated.
    Hah! Totally agree on all those points as well! ^_^

In fact, in regards to Fight Club, it really makes me laugh when anybody uses "Special Snowflake" term coined by that movie. The irony is when Brad Pit used the phrase "You are not unique and special snowflakes" - it was an attempt at trying to dehumanize them to indoctrinate them into his cult! So, anybody who calls others a "special snowflake" like it's an insult makes me realize they're basically accusing them of "being an individual with a personality that's not indoctrnated by a cult!" :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The funniest part is that those who do quote him usually do not get him. That Joker, by virtue of being a fictional character, was someone who 'wanted to see the world burn', but was also perfectly willing to burn with it. Most of the people here on this forum who seem to want to see the US government crash and burn as some sort of cleansing fire only do so because they think it would not impair them in a meaningful way. Or that they would be 'the hero' of their story if things did break down, instead of some extra.
    HaHA! again, totally agree! This kinda ties in directly with what Spectral said about me when I have my own term CRRS (Classic Republican Regret Syndrome) - basically it refers to people who don't give a damn about anything other than themselves... until whatever they voted for suddenly effects themselves negatively, then BLAM - instant regret. >_<

And yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth in regards to watching "the system burn". I was saying that to the Bernie or Buster's that "Bust" only works when you are OUTSIDE the system. You don't set fire to Rome when you're standing in the middle of it with your family. >_<

Hah! Totally agree on all those points as well! ^_^

In fact, in regards to Fight Club, it really makes me laugh when anybody uses "Special Snowflake" term coined by that movie. The irony is when Brad Pit used the phrase "You are not unique and special snowflakes" - it was an attempt at trying to dehumanize them to indoctrinate them into his cult! So, anybody who calls others a "special snowflake" like it's an insult makes me realize they're basically accusing them of "being an individual with a personality that's not indoctrnated by a cult!" :P

- - - Updated - - -

HaHA! again, totally agree! This kinda ties in directly with what Spectral said about me when I have my own term CRRS (Classic Republican Regret Syndrome) - basically it refers to people who don't give a damn about anything other than themselves... until whatever they voted for suddenly effects themselves negatively, then BLAM - instant regret. >_<

And yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth in regards to watching "the system burn". I was saying that to the Bernie or Buster's that "Bust" only works when you are OUTSIDE the system. You don't set fire to Rome when you're standing in the middle of it with your family. >_<
    Yeah, but sadly they will only learn once they are being affected.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    What you don't get is just how irrelevant your opinion (or that of your type) is.

SAD.
    It's not relevant, but i am almost always right. Go look at Trumps approval rating for verification.

Deleted
    It's not relevant, but i am almost always right. Go look at Trumps approval rating for verification.
    Except when you're wrong, which is most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said Comey and Obama will be charged as a result of this memo. The memo does not mention Obama... there are no charges... it’s like some deep state is keeping the real Trump from seeking charges. It’s as if this Trump, is not the same Trump who was chanting lock her up.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    And then it will somehow be the Dems fault.
    Only about half would say that, some would genuinely believe they were "had" (remember, it's about SELFISH interest - and self-victimization is the ultimate in undisciplined emotional selfish interest.:P)

However, many of those will unfortunately forget their lesson the moment balance is restored back in their lives and they go back to their old ways/prejudices. For Spectral's benefit, I'm now choosing to name this effect as BJAS: "Bush Junior Amnesia Syndrome".

Right, I can't count how many social posts yesterday were spamming that this memo was going to lead to the arrest of Obama, Clinton, Schiff, Mueller, etc... It was going to bring down the deep state, the FBI, the entire democratic party and who the fuck knows what else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Right, I can't count how many social posts yesterday were spamming that this memo was going to lead to the arrest of Obama, Clinton, Schiff, Mueller, etc... It was going to bring down the deep state, the FBI, the entire democratic party and who the fuck knows what else.
    Memo...haha. Memo my ass. It's basically some dude's blog. It's some dude rambling on about something that he admittedly never read or even saw, but his father's brother's newphew's cousin's former roommate saw it!

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean the worst approval rating at this point in the presidency since at least Truman?
    You’re wrong AND bragging about a 40% approval rating.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

You mean the worst approval rating at this point in the presidency since at least Truman?
    You’re wrong AND bragging about a 40% approval rating.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    I said Trump would get an approval bump following the SOTU, and it is happening. So where was I wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You said Comey and Obama will be charged as a result of this memo. The memo does not mention Obama... there are no charges... it’s like some deep state is keeping the real Trump from seeking charges. It’s as if this Trump, is not the same Trump who was chanting lock her up.
    There is a very real chance that Comey and Obama could be implicated in the investigation following this Memo. There are those checking as we speak if Comey has not already committed perjury. You cannot use the Justice department to spy on political opponents while in power, I know it is hard for you to understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said Trump would get an approval bump following the SOTU, and it is happening. So where was I wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a very real chance that Comey and Obama could be implicated in the investigation following this Memo. There are those checking as we speak if Comey has not already committed perjury. You cannot use the Justice department to spy on political opponents while in power, I know it is hard for you to understand.
    Where did comey commit perjury? And you said comey was being indicted today, where’s that?
    It’s hard to understand because you literally make up your own reality that doesn’t exist.

No, you aren't.

Where did comey commit perjury? And you said comey was being indicted today, where’s that?
    It’s hard to understand because you literally make up your own reality that doesn’t exist.
    I said Comey "could" be indicted for perjury. I know English is hard for you.