Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Really? Where did she do that? Because if you say Christopher Steele, I am going to laugh my fucking ass off. Because not only did she not use the info, she didn't get the info until after the election was over.
    Also 'Steele getting information from Russian sources that was unsanctioned by the Kremlin' is not the same thing as 'actual Russians passing secret info'. But Shalcker knows that, and is desperate to point fingers away from his slimy countrymen and his boss, noted sheep molester Vladimir Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Also 'Steele getting information from Russian sources that was unsanctioned by the Kremlin' is not the same thing as 'actual Russians passing secret info'.
    How exactly can you prove that Steele getting information wasn't sanctioned by Kremlin? After all, "Putin controls everything in Russia" seems to be your mantra...
    Or how can you prove that any other information was indeed sanctioned by Kremlin?
    So far no info pointed one way or another.

Deleted
    one of the more sober takes so far :

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Galeotti
    The first takes on the Mueller-team indictment of the Internet Research Agency ‘troll farm’ have, perhaps predictably, reflected as much about the interests, goals and predilections of the authors as anything else. To Trump and his cohorts, it “proves” no collusion, because the text describes Russians pretending to be Americans in their contacts. To those still hoping for impeachment, it is “proof” that Putin stole the presidential elections for Trump. Of course, the truth is at neither end of the spectrum.

This is just one indictment. It is the start of the process, not likely the end. There is no point saying “is that all they have?” when it is patently clear that it is not.

None of this should come as a surprise. We’ve known about the Internet Research Agency since it was reported in Novaya gazeta in 2013. We’ve known about the twitter and other social media hacking. We’ve know… You get the message. This is not about “putting Russia on notice” nor about some revelation about which we should pretend to be shocked. This is the tradecraft of modern information war, and a certain amount of modern advertising too, for that matter. It is rather, I would presume, about demonstrating that the Mueller investigation is ongoing and, above all, that…

This is a political – with a small p – statement. None of these Russians are likely ever to see the inside of a US courtroom, and the apparent bankroller, Evgeni Prigozhin, is already on the US sanctions list. This is not about a trial, it is about laying down a marker to the effect that the Mueller team believes there is evidence of a Russian attempt to influence the elections.

This is about crime rather than politics. Of course it is deeply political, but the remit of the Mueller investigation is not about whether the Russians were naughty, immoral, or whatever (for a start, please don’t try and tell me that none of these techniques are also known to and used by Western intelligence services in some of their missions), but whether crimes were committed under US law. The effort to prove that they were is perhaps the single most important element of this indictment.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. There seems a widespread willingness to accept the indictment as somehow proof (and we have also seen that about statements from typically anonymous intelligence sources). It is not. Now, I am perfectly willing to believe the broad thrust, that Russia did try to influence the elections, but unless and until there is proof, we ought to be cautious, especially in accepting the detailed elements of the indictment. (I write this knowing that now elements such as “$1.25 million per month were spent on hacking the US elections” will be reported ad nauseam as demonstrated fact. Such is the modern media environment.*)

*And by the way, even the indictment says that money was spent on a project with “multiple components, some involving domestic audiences within the Russian Federation and others targeting foreign audiences in various countries, including the United States.” So from this, we don’t know if a million dollars or a hundred were being spent on messing with America.

Mueller is working with covert and/or inside sources. This ought to have been pretty obvious, but the indictment makes this much clearer. A great deal of the detail within it can be gathered through normal means, given that so much of the activities cited left fingerprints within US jurisdiction, from visa applications to setting up fake accounts. However, there are elements, especially when asserting what the IRA and its people themselves described as their roles, which I cannot see how they would be able to state in an indictment without such non-regular sources.

Muellers doing gods work, with these new indictments and the new dirt found on Manafort the investigation becomes so much harder to justify shutting down.
    To the people who keep saying shit like "but this has nothing to do with collusion", you're making yourself look ridiculous, this whole thing is about Trump-Russia. What you're seeing now is the prosecution laying out the entire context of what happened before and during the election. Only the final step is about making a judgement on the question whether or not Trump knowingly participated in it. It's like you guys are reading a book called Waterloo, and the first 9 chapters are about Napoleons life, his banishment to Elba, his new rise to power and his subsequent military moves and you guys are going "hang on this isn't about Waterloo at all" before you get to the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Muellers doing gods work, with these new indictments and the new dirt found on Manafort the investigation becomes so much harder to justify shutting down.
    To the people who keep saying shit like "but this has nothing to do with collusion", you're making yourself look ridiculous, this whole thing is about Trump-Russia. What you're seeing now is the prosecution laying out the entire context of what happened before and during the election. Only the final step is about making a judgement on the question whether or not Trump knowingly participated in it. It's like you guys are reading a book called Waterloo, and the first 9 chapters are about Napoleons life, his banishment to Elba, his new rise to power and his subsequent military moves and you guys are going "hang on this isn't about Waterloo at all" before you get to the last chapter.
    Especially when, if there's a true link between the campaigns, these indictments open the doors to nab someone like Kushner who Mueller has reportedly has been eyeing for awhile and who would have been overseeing the branch of the operation that this would have fallen under.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Especially when, if there's a true link between the campaigns, these indictments open the doors to nab someone like Kushner who Mueller has reportedly has been eyeing for awhile and who would have been overseeing the branch of the operation that this would have fallen under.
    That's quite big "if" - because so far no connection have been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's quite big "if" - because so far no connection have been shown.
    Lets not forget Don Jr's contact with WikiLeaks, Papadopoulos signed confession and the Trump tower meeting. This stuff didn't happen in a vacuum. We now have established there was an attempt that Russians attempted to interfere with the election process, something many Trumpkins for the longest time denied while peddling ridiculous bullshit about Seth Rich. We further established that at the very least several of Trumps people working on the campaign, including Don Jr, were interested in receiving help from the Russians in the form of dirt on Hillary. Furthermore there's witnesses that have come forth saying Trump helped Don Jr craft his false statement that the meeting was about Russian adoptions (sorry if that lie dashed your dreams). The noose around the totalitangerine's fat neck grows ever tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    13 russians indicted. How long until some of our local pro-Trump pro-Putin chuckleheads start disappearing?
    Meh, their accounts will just be taken over by the next comrade on duty.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Americans were involved in this election meddling. This is getting so entertaining. lol! But on a serous note, shows the Russians just want to throw discord into the American politics in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No Americans were involved in this election meddling. This is getting so entertaining. lol! But on a serous note, shows the Russians just want to throw discord into the American politics in general.
    No, it says no Americans were involved in these crimes. It doesn't say none were involved ever or never will. Seriously, it's not that hard.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Good, now Trump should have no issues with helping Mueller in his investigations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like seeing the goal posts move

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Good, now Trump should have no issues with helping Mueller in his investigations.
    Trump is too much of a pussy chicken shit to talk to Mueller.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Seems to be the MO of our Conservative shit bags these days -- either tell people to kill themselves or come right out and threaten to kill people themselves.

What delicate little flowers they've become.
    I think "snowflake" is the term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    What did he get banned for this time? He only posted a couple of times, nothing I saw that broke any rules.
    He got banhammered for telling TJ he should not spam threads and use this one instead. Supposedly, he was trolling; judge for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think "snowflake" is the term.

- - - Updated - - -

He got banhammered for telling TJ he should not spam threads and use this one instead. Supposedly, he was trolling; judge for yourself.
    Mods just being mods I guess. Pointless.

Do you have any evidence to back up that claim? That's not exactly what the FBI said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Oh wait, I haven't been a mod in years. Well, do it anyway guys. Pretend I'm a mod.
    Why would we do that, when you've admitted to not knowing the rules and breaking the rules for alt accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Nope. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh or fucks sake!

That actually made me angry.

Seriously, fuck you Thwart!

Skroe's banned? Shit, must be something big coming down the wire again.

I thought there was no election meddling? LOL.

So I guess the investigation is all over now that it turns out it was all just the Russians and definitely nobody on the US side.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...ue-into-fiscal

...uh oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.