10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Of all the major foreign currencies, the ruble is one of the very few which hasn't been gaining much against the dollar since Trump took over. Most other currencies have shown significant, reliable gains. Russia, not as much. Don't get me wrong, the ruble is not doing great in general, but at least against the dollar the slide has come to a rough stop.
    I think you have it in reverse:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=USD&view=2Y

The ruble has been slowly increasing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The ruble has been slowly increasing.
    Not in the last year, it hasn't, or more to the point: the dollar isn't falling nearly as fast against the ruble as it is against every other major currency.

Basically, the dollar is just losing value. The fact that the ruble isn't gaining faster, isn't great news for the ruble. Still, much much worse news for the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the last year, it hasn't, or more to the point: the dollar isn't falling nearly as fast against the ruble as it is against every other major currency.

Basically, the dollar is just losing value. The fact that the ruble isn't gaining faster, isn't great news for the ruble. Still, much much worse news for the USA.
    That’s why I keep saying slowly. It’s not great news if you don’t consider the sanctions not being enforced. But, even the slow growth is great news, when you consider what happened to the Ruble when sanctions due to Ukraine invasion were passed. The sanctions Trump is not enforcing, is why there is small growth, instead of continuing collapse... like last time.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Actually

Of all the major foreign currencies, the ruble is one of the very few which hasn't been gaining much against the dollar since Trump took over. Most other currencies have shown significant, reliable gains. Russia, not as much. Don't get me wrong, the ruble is not doing great in general, but at least against the dollar the slide has come to a rough stop.
    Which major currency exactly are you talking about? Your own graph shows about 20% rise (from peak of 65 as Trump got elected to 55 roubles per dollar today); at the same timeframe Euro first dropped then risen by just about 18.75% (from 0.95 at peak to about 0.80 euro per dollar highs recently)

Edit: So i went and checked a few more - Chinese Renminbi gained just 10%; British Pound shown exactly same performance as Euro.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-28 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s why I keep saying slowly.
    Valid. And yes, the sanctions, if they were actually ever applied, would not help the ruble at all.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...delines-430748

So Mueller approved Gates' request to lose the ankle bracelet and end his GPS monitoring.

Guess Gates is singing all kinds of tunes that Mueller is digging.

It may have already happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump takes a big ol' swing at Jeff Sessions for not being fanatical enough.

Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isn’t the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!

Let's skip the part where Trump doesn't know how his own branch of government works. That's objective now.

1) Saying the I.G. will be unfair because he's an Obama guy, automatically implies that Trump's own people are biased as well.

2) Also, Sessions recused himself from the Russian investigation, remember?

3) Yep, that's a 6:30AM tweet, right there.

4) "Late" with reports on Comey? Will take "forever"? Someone's in a hurry. What did Mueller find in his WITCH HUNT?

5) This is the part where I say "I feel bad for Sessions" but...nope. Fucker knew what he was getting into. I hope this is just as embarrassing, awkward, and hostile workplace as it seems to be. Keep working with the ungrateful, ignorant, useless Trump, or resign. Those are his two options.
    Found video...

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump, while continuing to shout into the wind that there was no collusion, might have forgotten he directly asked WikiLeaks to hack the DNC emails.

But Mueller remembered. He is now checking into whether Team Trump had anything to do with the release, including any communication/warning from WikiLeaks, a thief working for Putin.

Just a reminder: Roger Stone has already admitted this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Schneiderman will intercept the pass.
    Speak of the devil!

New York regulator asks Deutsche, other banks about Kushner loans: source

New York’s state banking regulator asked Deutsche Bank AG (DBKGn.DE) and two other lenders for information on their relationships with U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and White House senior adviser Jared Kushner and his family’s real estate company, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.

"Dude, I think the 'Kushner in the spotlight' metaphor doesn't need to be this painful."

The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) made the requests to Deutsche Bank, Signature Bank and New York Community Bank for information on loans and other financial arrangements including lines of credit and loan guarantees a week ago, the person said.

The regulator also asked for information related to other family members, the person said.
    Ah, yes, Deutsche Bank. I think we've heard that name once or twice.

7+ Year Old Account
    And state level charges can't be pardoned.

Oh, hey, more Mueller updates on this crazy Wednesday.

Mueller asking if Trump knew about hacked Democratic emails before release

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team is asking witnesses pointed questions about whether Donald Trump was aware that Democratic emails had been stolen before that was publicly known, and whether he was involved in their strategic release, according to multiple people familiar with the probe.

Mueller's investigators have asked witnesses whether Trump was aware of plans for WikiLeaks to publish the emails. They have also asked about the relationship between GOP operative Roger Stone and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and why Trump took policy positions favorable to Russia.
    It just broke yesterday that Roger Stone and Wikileaks were communicating even though Stone had previously denied it. Now Mueller is asking around to see who on the Trump team knew about the stolen emails in advance.

Spoiler: Mueller already knows from Papadopolous' assistance. He's going to trap people into lying about it. Tee hee.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it has been a busy day, hasn't it? But, that's gotta be the last of it. Time to settle down pre-raid, enjoy this coffee beverage and GOD DAMMIT Mueller investigating whether Trump tried to oust Sessions FUCK now I have to keep going.

The Washington Post reports Mueller’s team is now focusing on Trump’s private remarks and state of mind last summer, when Trump was publicly slamming Sessions as “beleaguered” for not “looking into Crooked Hillary’s crimes.”

In an interview last July, Trump blasted Sessions for his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, saying it was "unfair" to him and that he would've likely picked another person to lead the Justice Department if he had known Sessions would recuse himself.
    At the time, it was reported Trump was floating the possibility of replacing Sessions with former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R).

The Post reports that Trump was considering firing Sessions at the time, but was talked out of it by conservative lawmakers. A person familiar with the Mueller investigation told the Post that those discussions are of interest to Mueller, and that his team have began questioning witnesses about those events.

This breaking news report will be updated.
    Shit! You guys know why I stopped doing Trump XXX Days? I've just done one of those today. That's it, calling it for the day, I'm out!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    And state level charges can't be pardoned.
    Well they can, but by a governor, not Trump. Somehow I don't think Cuomo is going to be feeling too generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. It just won't fucking stop.

Kushner group got millions in loans after a White House meeting

The private equity firm Apollo Global Management reportedly lent $184 million to Kushner Companies last November, months after one of its co-founders had advised the Trump administration on infrastructure. During that time, The New York Times reports, Kushner and the company executive met multiple times.

Citigroup in the spring of 2017 also lent Kushner Companies money totaling $325 million. That loan was offered soon after Kushner met with Citigroup's chief executive, according to the Times.

The funding from Apollo Global Management went toward the Kushner Company's mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper, while the loan from Citigroup was used for the Kushner Company's Brooklyn office buildings.

The report comes one day after Kushner's White House security clearance was downgraded, cutting off his access to top secret intelligence.
    It also comes as special counsel Robert Mueller probes alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian election meddling, including Kushner's role in the campaign.

A spokesman for Kushner's attorney Abbe Lowell told The Times that Kushner “has met with hundreds of business people," and “has taken no part of any business, loans or projects with or for” his family's business since joining the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    How blatant does the corruption have to become before people start caring?

Trick question! Corruption is only bad if you have a sense of ethics, so the deplorables are in the clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How blatant does the corruption have to become before people start caring?

Trick question! Corruption is only bad if you have a sense of ethics, so the deplorables are in the clear.
    I hope this is the last thing Trump sees.

For reference:
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-03-01 at 03:03 AM.

Looking very likely that Kushner is going to end up in prison for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Looking very likely that Kushner is going to end up in prison for the rest of his life.
    Father like son

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    His father only got two years... for illegal campaign contributions and witness tampering, when he funneled money from his company to Democrats. Prior to 2016 and switching to Trump, he was a heavy DNC donor. Let the ‘Trump is a DNC puppet’ conspiracy run wild on you!!!

His father only got two years... for illegal campaign contributions and witness tampering, when he funneled money from his company to Democrats. Prior to 2016 and switching to Trump, he was a heavy DNC donor. Let the ‘Trump is a DNC puppet’ conspiracy run wild on you!!!
    I was more making fun of the fact hes gonna end up in prison like his dear old dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    An expert in the field, namely Watergate, says Trump-Russia had a deal regarding emails for sanctions lifting.

Former Watergate prosecutor Nick Ackerman said on Wednesday that any alleged quid-pro-quo between the Trump campaign and Russian election meddling would lie in the Trump administration dropping U.S. sanctions against Russia.

"What we're dealing with here is a conspiracy to break into the Democratic National Committee, steal emails, and use those emails to help Trump get elected, and the quid-pro-quo for that was the dropping of sanctions," Ackerman told MSNBC's Chris Hayes.

"What was left out of this whole narrative was the one end with Michael Flynn, who was dealing with the Russian ambassador over sanctions, and the whole notion that the Trump administration was going to get rid of all of the sanctions after he took office," he continued.
    NBC News reported on Wednesday that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have inquired about whether President Trump was aware of plans for WikiLeaks to publish emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign, or if Trump was involved in the emails’ release.

Russians were able to successfully hack into Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s email account in the spring of 2016 before Wikileaks released stolen emails from the DNC as well as emails from Podesta himself in the months leading up to the 2016 election.

Amid the leaks, Trump said "I love Wikileaks" at a campaign rally.
    I mean, yeah we all saw this a while ago, but this is still expert testimony.