10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Correct me if I wrong, but does he not act like a normal person while in court? I thought I have seen a few videos on here, and there was non of the bluster and bullshit in them.
    You mean the one where he contradicts him while giving a testimony.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I wrong, but does he not act like a normal person while in court? I thought I have seen a few videos on here, and there was non of the bluster and bullshit in them.
    I believe you are correct. However, two things.

First, if you look at any video of Trump from 10-20 years ago - it is NOT the same man you see now. While before he could string two coherent paragraphs together, eliciting both points and thought, now, as we've seen hundreds of times, he's barely capable of word salad. So while he might have been pretty normal before, he isn't now.

Second, this court scene would be much different than the others. There, he was just playing his game. Fuck everyone, and win in court - or not. Then bankrupt the situation if he loses. Now, he has everything to lose - because he's convinced himself that he hasn't done anything wrong - that it was all for the people who love him and worship him and elected him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some transcripts and there's still a lot of bull shit, I don't know how people could talk to him and not slap him.

Deleted
    Dowd is gone? Ahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I would pay good money to be in the same room to witness Trump go on some random offtopic rant infront of the special counsel.
    I would pay good money to see him go full Colonel Jessup.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I would pay good money to see him go full Colonel Jessup.
    I don't think there's much of a doubt that trump would incriminate himself in something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't think there's much of a doubt that trump would incriminate himself in something.
    Oh, there's no doubt on that. The difference is just that I expect a cringy, embarrassing rant from Cheeto, whereas Jessup's breakdown, while it led to his fall, was still respectable in a way. There was soul in it. There was conviction in it. There were principles in it, even if I may not agree with them. Our principal suspect pretty much lacks all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh, there's no doubt on that. The difference is just that I expect a cringy, embarrassing rant from Cheeto, whereas Jessup's breakdown, while it led to his fall, was still respectable in a way. There was soul in it. There was conviction in it. There were principles in it, even if I may not agree with them. Our principal suspect pretty much lacks all of those.
    Hence the googly eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like the top choices to replace Dowd is Joseph diGenova, and possibly his wife and law partner.

(seven seconds pass)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand conflict of interest.

Yep, turns out they already represent someone Mueller has talked to. Can't represent multiple, competing targets in the same case.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh oh, looks like Papadopoulus gave documents to Mueller showing that senior Trump campaign officials didn't just know about the outreach to Russia, but encouraged it.

So much for the "coffee boy" defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Former FBI assistant director says Mueller is on his way towards a larger indictment. Uses "panic" to describe Team Trump and the legal team shuffle.

"Where did -- "

FOX News.

"..."

Wanna see the video?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any bets on who will be in this round?

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Any bets on who will be in this round?
    I'd like to say Kushner or Junior, but either way it's going to be fun.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'd like to say Kushner or Junior, but either way it's going to be fun.
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn. Now I'm going to be in suspense until the indictments roll out. Honestly, if he's going to indict Javanka or Dumb dumb junior, he might as well indict Trump himself at the same time.

Fingers crossed for Sessions.

Families of Trump are a nice target and all but the if you get the AG then you actually hurt Trump on every level possible and the right-wing would lose every excuse to fire Mueller/.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Uh oh, looks like Papadopoulus gave documents to Mueller showing that senior Trump campaign officials didn't just know about the outreach to Russia, but encouraged it.

So much for the "coffee boy" defense.
    Hmm, I wonder what the outreach was about. Was it about stolen emails or illegal coordination on the DNC hack? Or was it a meeting to improve "partnership with Russia"?

Because I think if nothing illegal was discussed, or the meeting wasn't set up for the purpose of committing an illegal act, I don't see why the deputy communications director encouraging him to do it is news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hmm, I wonder what the outreach was about. Was it about stolen emails or illegal coordination on the DNC hack? Or was it a meeting to improve "partnership with Russia"?

Because I think if nothing illegal was discussed, or the meeting wasn't set up for the purpose of committing an illegal act, I don't see why the deputy communications director encouraging him to do it is news.
    The story itself isn't the big deal about it.

The big deal is about it is how it lines up with the rest of the reports and connects them together to give context and accuracy to the serious shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Or was it a meeting to improve "partnership with Russia"?
    If you're talking about the Papadopoulus outreach, the one that Team Trump denied, then, you're going to have a really hard time convincing me it was something they were proud of. "Hey everyone, we're making contact with Russia to make better diplomatic friends! Isn't that great? We are so proud of it, we're telling everyone we're doing it, because that's what people who believe they're doing the right thing do. Can you believe we sent a coffee boy to do it? I know, right?"

Likely sanctions. Which, again, has always been what this whole thing has been about.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you're talking about the Papadopoulus outreach, the one that Team Trump denied, then, you're going to have a really hard time convincing me it was something they were proud of. "Hey everyone, we're making contact with Russia to make better diplomatic friends! Isn't that great? We are so proud of it, we're telling everyone we're doing it, because that's what people who believe they're doing the right thing do. Can you believe we sent a coffee boy to do it? I know, right?"
    Yeah, but that's kind of a separate issue, Trump downplaying his role. We already knew from Trump presidential campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis that Papadoupolos was encouraged to have meetings with foreign officials. The important part, the part that gets to the heart of the issue is, did something illegal occur during this outreach, or was there intention to engage in illegal acts? If not, I can't really find interest in it.

Now, if lies were told to Mueller or the FBI about Papadoupolos' role, that's obviously different, but that didn't happen as far as I know.

Yeah, but that's kind of a separate issue, Trump downplaying his role. We already knew from Trump presidential campaign co-chairman Sam Clovis that Papadoupolos was encouraged to have meetings with foreign officials. The important part, the part that gets to the heart of the issue is, did something illegal occur during this outreach, or was there intention to engage in illegal acts? If not, I can;t really find interest in it.

Now, if lies were told to Mueller or the FBI about Papadoupolos' role, that's obviously different, but that didn't happen as far as I know.
    Sanctions relief would be the quid to the russian governments interference quo. That's illegal.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

But you're taking this all out of the big picture. You're just taking this one development and trying to put a possible "ok" spin on it. When the Trump campaign has continually denied that any meetings took place at all. You can't remove one piece of the puzzle, spin it happily, and claim nothingburger. This is all one big conspiracy, which people have been pointing out now for awhile - and in which the Trump team has continued to lie about - at each step.

And these papers are part of that puzzle, one that Mueller is carefully putting together.

Lastly, keep in mind the public has seen almost nothing of what Mueller has actually dug up (or been given, ahem, Flynn). If nothing more, just look at the trend.

1. We find a story that points to Trump colluding with Russia.
    2. Trump denies it, calls it a witch hunt.
    3. We see evidence that he's lying.

Rinse/repeat. For months now. Dozens of these little cycles have crept up.