Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only thing that's getting ridiculous is Congress failing to act as our President continually attacks institutions like the FBI.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it is only a fraction, there are some citizens who still support the big orange turd.
    Thanks for the contribution of pedantry.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Thanks for the contribution of pedantry.
    Next time use a modifier like small.

Next time use a modifier like small.
    No. I think I'll continue to put my faith in people who aren't interested in being so pedantic, interpreting what I wrote correctly.

I'm not interested in catering to you.

Just another noknockingburger fbi raid on a lawyers office, nothing to see here folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Just another noknockingburger fbi raid on a lawyers office, nothing to see here folks.
    They supposedly raided his home too. I can't wait for the Republican outcry about how mean they were to Cohen. Similar to the whining that started to increase lately about the no-knock warrant on Manafort's house.

Ah man, I was going to come here and scream "WITCH HUNT!" in all caps as the Mango Babadook is aught to do, but the actual Citrus Hitler beat me to it!

"I just heard they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys, a good man," Trump told reporters at the White House. "It's a disgraceful situation... I've been saying it for a long time. I have this witch hunt constantly going on."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...daniels-510921

Oh President Herp Derp, flail and flounder more.

It's already been pointed out, but I'd like to repeat it: Attorney-Client Privilege doesn't work when the attorney and client have conspired together to break the law. The Cohen-Trump conversations can very likely become admissible evidence.

Mmm, so full on that Nothingburger with extra Mueller Sauce.

EDIT: It cut off the word "sauce" so I put it back. Not sure why it did that.

As soon as Andrew McCarthy gets an article out, I'm going to have a very strong opinion about this.

It's a joke, it's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    As soon as Andrew McCarthy gets an article out, I'm going to have a very strong opinion about this.

It's a joke, it's a joke.
    And an error filled one.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I was going to go with Ivan. Seems a lot of Russians are named Ivan.
    You missed the reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Orb%C3%A1n

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

No. I think I'll continue to put my faith in people who aren't interested in being so pedantic, interpreting what I wrote correctly.

I'm not interested in catering to you.
    You mean assigning assumed meaning to your words that mean something completely different than what you're intending to say.

...broke into the office
    Because Trump has no fucking clue how warrants actually work.

...an attack on our country
    No, this is the language of petty authoritarians. Trump is not the country. He's (depressingly) the head of state. He represents the country, but is not the country. I'd call our law enforcement diligently following up on any criminal wrongdoing, even if by the president and/or those close to him, as them protecting the country, but that's just me. I guess I'm not a petty authoritarian who thinks the world revolves around me.

You mean assigning assumed meaning to your words that mean something completely different than what you're intending to say.
    No. I mean plain wording that anyone who isn't interested in pedantry for the sake of it is able to comprehend.

Pretty simple stuff really. It's odd you're having such a difficult time with it. It's almost as if it's designed entirely to serve your penchant for being a pedant.

Damn, that nothingburger keeps getting bigger. We've added lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and now ketchup. Pretty soon it might be...a real burger?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Damn, that nothingburger keeps getting bigger. We've added lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and now ketchup. Pretty soon it might be...a real burger?
    I mean, we have to see what this is all about. I think a lot of people (myself included) really used the nothingburger title in reference to Trump-Russia collusion, and so far this looks like bank fraud and campaign finance violations by Cohen. Which is worthy of investigation, don't get me wrong. And if Trump lied about his knowledge of the Stormy Daniels payment, that could be problematic too.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-04-09 at 11:58 PM.

man /the donald is really popcorn worthy...tonight.

they are more creative with their deep state conspiracies then most writers are

I mean, we have to see what this is all about. I think a lot of people (myself included) really used the nothingburger title in reference to Trump-Russia collusion, and so far this looks like bank fraud and campaign finance violations by Cohen. which is worthy of investigation, don't get me wrong. And if Trump lied about his knowledge of the Stormy Daniels payment, that could be problematic too.
    I think A LOT of people were using nothingburger to describe any accusations made against Trump or his associates regardless of validity of those accusations. Many of those accusations have resulted in somethingburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    man /the donald is really popcorn worthy...tonight.

they are more creative with their deep state conspiracies then most writers are
    I'm continually almost tempted to go down that rabbit hole again, but the last few times have always left me with such a depressing view of the future of humanity that I'm still too terrified to return. Call me a snowflake, but I just can't even "enjoy" wallowing in that kind of depravity and fantasy anymore.

I mean, we have to see what this is all about. I think a lot of people (myself included) really used the nothingburger title in reference to Trump-Russia collusion, and so far this looks like bank fraud and campaign finance violations by Cohen. Which is worthy of investigation, don't get me wrong. And if Trump lied about his knowledge of the Stormy Daniels payment, that could be problematic too.
    You know who doesn't think it's worthy of being investigated?

Your boy, Trump.

Crazy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Will you be defending people who think women should be murdered over abortion this time?
    I expressed regret over that once it came out that his statements were not heat-of-the-moment, taken out of context. Is that not enough? Even the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic who hired him defended him in this manner until these facts came to light. I wouldn't normally interrupt the thread for this, but you keep mentioning it in unrelated threads, so I hope we can put this to bed.

- - - Updated - - -

You know who doesn't think it's worthy of being investigated?

Your boy, Trump.

Crazy, right?
    He's not my boy.

I just happen to think Trump-Russia is a nothingburger. I understand that has come to mean he's "my boy", but it isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    At this point it's more like the Lost Boys feast from Hook.