Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I like how Jeezy has dropped any pretence of staying on any topic, and has resorted to any form of trolling he can come up with.

He must be pretty sad and desperate at this point.
    I've seen Skroe repeatedly getting banned for a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I've seen Skroe repeatedly getting banned for a lot less.
    Jeezy is trolling people who openly mock him in response.

Skroe calls out snowflakes who can mash the report button but can't manage a counter argument.

Also, forum rules should probably amended like the laws for slander/libel - it isn't flaming if your claim, while it might be something that people don't like hearing, is demonstrably true.

Calling a liar a liar when you can quote the posts where they lied shouldn't be infractable, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Try contacting the mods. I have made numerous reports to mods, including chaud, asking them to have a serious look at the rules here, and to look at the same 6-10 posters that do nothing but post conspiracy theories and derail every thread. So far not much for a response. In fact it seems to get worse each week.

I even mentioned in one post that the goal should not be to stifle any discussion, but that no actually discussion is being had with these same 6-10 people and that everyone, including whatever random poster dares call them a troll should not be the people being punished.
    Make sure you're documenting the people being infracted and which moderator issued them. On the day Skroe got banned four other people did too all by the same moderator who has strong ties to the Trump Supporters. Some of those people were doing exactly what @Antiganon was saying about calling out other posters for their past bullshit with evidence.

That being said further discussion of moderation should probably be taken to a private message else the ban hammer comes whirling through here again.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a nearly zero percent chance Trump has a bastard and the public doesn't know about it.
    Send him to the wall. Winter is coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Jeezy is trolling people who openly mock him in response.

Skroe calls out snowflakes who can mash the report button but can't manage a counter argument.

Also, forum rules should probably amended like the laws for slander/libel - it isn't flaming if your claim, while it might be something that people don't like hearing, is demonstrably true.

Calling a liar a liar when you can quote the posts where they lied shouldn't be infractable, IMO.
    It's infractable/bannable to call people trolls, and yet we often have people in here openly admitting they're shit posting to trigger liberals who prance around for weeks doing it with no punishment. Then when they finally get a ban for calling someone a pile of names or making actual death threats, they'll come back and cry about "mod bias" because they got a 3 day vacation for breaking the rules.

Funny how our normally deluded righties went from hilariously funny but sad in their posting, to making death threats non stop once Trump became president.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's infractable/bannable to call people trolls, and yet we often have people in here openly admitting they're shit posting to trigger liberals who prance around for weeks doing it with no punishment. Then when they finally get a ban for calling someone a pile of names or making actual death threats, they'll come back and cry about "mod bias" because they got a 3 day vacation for breaking the rules.

Funny how our normally deluded righties went from hilariously funny but sad in their posting, to making death threats non stop once Trump became president.
    The entirety of the conservative ideology breaks down to "rules are stupid and shouldn't apply to me". It permeates every plank in the conservative platform either directly or in practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Haley, not usually a member of the What He Meant Was team, got on Meet the Press and answered a bunch of questions about Syria. No surprise there.

Then she was asked a few about Cohen and Comey. Okay, little out of her usual ballpark, but understandable. It's been a busy week.

But her response was this:

I have spent multiple times with the president at the White House and on the phone this past week, and his state of mind was very much focused on Syria, chemical weapons, getting the options that were there, making sure we were not doing anything to cause casualties of human life whether it was our allies or of the Syrian people. His focus was very much on making sure we knew all of the information so that we didn't make a misstep, and waiting it out to make sure if we were going to do this, we were going to do it right.
    Now, I'm no expert on what Haley was, and wasn't, told about domestic issues when her job role is international. But that seems like a bad answer to me. Especially when Trump tweeted about Comey four times and Cohen once between 8 and 9 this morning alone. So, no, Trump's not focused on Syria. That was a lie.

Now, I'm no expert on what Haley was, and wasn't, told about domestic issues when her job role is international. But that seems like a bad answer to me. Especially when Trump tweeted about Comey four times and Cohen once between 8 and 9 this morning alone. So, no, Trump's not focused on Syria. That was a lie.
    The best tweet for me was the one where he said he "hardly knew" Comey. Was he another coffee boy?

I'm starting to spot a pattern with Trump whenever he feels personally threatened. Downplaying the person involved, attributing the very flaws he is being accused of to everyone else. Blatantly lying. If he does ever face cross-examination under oath, it will be hilarious.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Downplaying the person involved, attributing the very flaws he is being accused of to everyone else. Blatantly lying.
    Could be worse...he could literally have dementia, and forgot the number of meetings he had with the leader of the FBI personally.

- - - Updated - - -

The bill to protect Mueller has been stalled. The vote is pushed back to the 26th.

There are also concerns that the bill will be amended, possibly in a way that neuters it, or one that gives a committee influence over the investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Rather than necro an old thread for a one-off, I'll just say that Steven Molo, white collar crime lawyer, also refused to work with Trump.

Amongst other things, Molo represented Deutsche Bank that one time Trump sued them for saying Trump owed them money. Of course, Trump had taken out a mortgage with Deutche Bank, so the claim was 100% factual, but Trump said the bank caused him damage by implying he was worth less than he said he was.

Whatever. Anyhow, Molo said "no" to the offer. It is telling that Team Trump is now looking to hire lawyers that have opposed Trump in the past.

"Maybe he wanted to plead...Molo contendere?"

Get out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The best tweet for me was the one where he said he "hardly knew" Comey. Was he another coffee boy?

I'm starting to spot a pattern with Trump whenever he feels personally threatened. Downplaying the person involved, attributing the very flaws he is being accused of to everyone else. Blatantly lying. If he does ever face cross-examination under oath, it will be hilarious.
    It will come to that, but we don't know when. I honestly wish Mueller would just make his move, but it makes sense that he wants to catch as many people in the net as possible. He's treating this as a crime family, not just one corrupt president.

Trump Demands Chance To Review His Files Seized In Raids On Michael Cohen
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hen/ar-AAvVsuf
    President Donald Trump is demanding the chance to review his files seized by federal investigators from his longtime fixer, Michael Cohen, to assess which are protected by , arguing that DOJ prosecutors cannot fairly make that determination.

Trump’s demands came in a letter filed late Sunday evening in federal court in Manhattan, where U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood has scheduled a hearing Monday to determine who gets to go through the seized records first. Prosecutors have said that a federal grand jury has been investigating Cohen for months. He has not been charged with any crimes.

Trump’s lawyers asked that he and Cohen receive a copy of the materials obtained in last week’s raids so they can give them a first pass for exchanges that may be privileged. A so-called “taint team” of DOJ attorneys uninvolved in the case would be “plainly inadequate” and fail to “zealously protect the President’s privilege,” Trump attorney Joanna Hendon wrote in the letter addressed to Wood.
    The President retained this new legal team after federal agents raided Cohen’s office, home and apartment last Monday. Court filings released days later revealed that Cohen, Trump’s former personal attorney and close ally, has been under criminal investigation for matters related to his business dealings.

Lawyers for Trump and Cohen have taken similar tacks, arguing that the U.S. Attorney’s Office is trying to rush the investigation and made their seizures in an inappropriate fashion.

In her Sunday letter, Hendon said that agents acted in an “aggressive, intrusive, and unorthodox manner” during the raid and that their actions were “disquieting to lawyers, clients, citizens, and commentators alike.”

She argued that U.S. prosecutors had made clear in their filings before the court that they’ve “pre-judged the matter of privilege” by insisting that few of the documents seized were likely to warrant that protection, and that the “staggering amount of attention trained on this investigation, Mr. Cohen, and the President” make it impossible for them to review the material fairly.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office has asked Wood for permission to begin reviewing the material immediately, noting that the use of taint teams is “common procedure” in federal investigations.

Wood is expected to decide who gets first crack at the documents at a hearing Monday at 2 p.m. ET in federal court in lower Manhattan. Cohen has been ordered to appear in person.
    LOL not going to happen. I guess Trump doesn't realize that attorney-client privilege goes out the window the moment your attorney helps you commit a crime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hen/ar-AAvVsuf

LOL not going to happen. I guess Trump doesn't realize that attorney-client privilege goes out the window the moment your attorney helps you commit a crime.
    Except, there are very specific rules, procedures, and requirements that must be met to confiscate documents that are covered by attorney-client privilege. I for one, would like to see at least what was used as grounds to get that search warrant. I am skeptical for several reasons. Not saying nothing happened, but Mueller has given me no confidence so far.. and nothing I have seen in regards to arrests/deals or whatever seem linked to the ACTUAL content Mr. Mueller's appointment as Special counsel... which was Russian Collusion.

Am still waiting for evidence.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Except, there are very specific rules, procedures, and requirements that must be met to confiscate documents that are covered by attorney-client privilege. I for one, would like to see at least what was used as grounds to get that search warrant. I am skeptical for several reasons. Not saying nothing happened, but Mueller has given me no confidence so far.. and nothing I have seen in regards to arrests/deals or whatever seem linked to the ACTUAL content Mr. Mueller's appointment as Special counsel... which was Russian Collusion.

So, Manafort, who has worked for a Russian backed Ukrainian Oligarch, the oligarch that is now hiding in Russia because he was ran out of Ukraine, has no ties to Russia? What about Flynn? Papadopolous? Gates? Who was Manafort's right hand man? 13 Russians indicted in hacking our elections? Or, how about the evidence that Cohen was in Prague at the time the Steele dossier said he was?

And as per what Rosenstein said, he was appointed to look into any and all crimes committed, Rosenstein basically is giving him free reign. And so far, the only people that aren't seeing the evidence of collusion, are the people that aren't paying attention.

Mueller got a broad mandate because blackmail is a realistic problem when it comes to the Trump administration and campaign.

if Manafort was susceptible to blackmail did he, for example, force the platform change during the RNC?

Same for Trump.

But I guess since you can't see this simple fact I guess you just don't want to see this.

So you think that Mueller did something shady here and didn't do things by the book? Sorry, but to raid a lawyer, especially one that's with the president, you need some pretty damning stuff and for so many to sign off on it to even happen in the first place means something took place, and just because it isn't collusion doesn't mean that something illegal should be passed up to make you have "confidence".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Except a judge would not approve a raid on someone's living space without conclusive evidence of what could be found.

This isn't a case of "Hey, there's a couple of bored FBI agents, lets send them rummage through someone's stuff". Especially since from what we know, the raid on Cohen was conducted as part of a separate investigation, in parallel of Mueller's.
    Also, given we know foreign individuals funnelled money to GOP organizations, cough NRA cough, whom in turn gave millions to the Trump campaign, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if the charges of "fraud" and inadequate use of campaign funds were linked to the Russia investigation.

Also, how has Mueller given you no confidence? I have a feeling I know what you actually meant, but maybe I've become cynical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except, there are very specific rules, procedures, and requirements that must be met to confiscate documents that are covered by attorney-client privilege.
    All of which are being met. Rosenstein personally signed off on this.

I for one, would like to see at least what was used as grounds to get that search warrant.
    It must have been pretty damning, or Rosenstein wouldn't have signed off on it.

Cohen is due in court today to test the argument that the seized evidence was protected. We'll see what the second judge thinks. The first one agrred with Rosenstein.

I am skeptical for several reasons. Not saying nothing happened, but Mueller has given me no confidence so far.
    This puts you at odds with the majority of Americans, and the members of Congress, both parties, who said Mueller was a good pick for this.

Also, Mueller didn't conduct the raid, so, there's that.

. and nothing I have seen in regards to arrests/deals or whatever seem linked to the ACTUAL content Mr. Mueller's appointment as Special counsel... which was Russian Collusion.
    Rosenstein gave Mueller a lot of leeway, however, don't forget Mueller was brought in after Trump fired Comey, they said he did it because of the FBI investigation. Which is why obstruction charges are a big part of this thing.

Also, details about the raid include communications between Cohen and Hicks -- Hicks was not a client btw -- which would be related to the Trump Tower meeting letter drafted on AF1. That's another big part of the obstruction case.

And then there's the business deal Trump pursued in Moscow, while running for office. Cohen was involved in those by his own admission.

Also, Prague.

Plus, there's the stuff Cohen is accused of doing, which don't involve him being Trump's lawyer. Trump said he hadn't heard of the NDA, for example, yet Cohen brought the forms and gave them, plus $130,000 filtered through a DE POBOX, to Daniels. Now, it's possible, even likely, that Trump is lying, but if he's not, Cohen acting without his authority is a pretty big problem.

I find that unlikely. You've ignored all of it so far.

I for one, would like to see at least what was used as grounds to get that search warrant. I am skeptical for several reasons. Not saying nothing happened, but Mueller has given me no confidence so far.. and nothing I have seen in regards to arrests/deals or whatever seem linked to the ACTUAL content Mr. Mueller's appointment as Special counsel... which was Russian Collusion.

I'm sure Mueller will be around to your house in person to hand deliver it. Because it's vital to him that this investigation gets your stamp of approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I'm sure Mueller will be around to your house in person to hand deliver it.
    That would be...wait a minute. Re-read that guy's name. Is he actually contesting the handling of an affair with a porn star, with an account name that's porn music?

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's a little more complicated. Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore, it split into the Czech Republic (which is where Prague is) and the Slovak Republic. They are both part of the EU, though the Czech Republic has been in the EU longer. But yeah, either way, it sounds like more people are going to get screwed than in a porno.
    Both nations joined the EU in 2004; it's NATO that admitted the Czech Republic sooner. Not really relevant, I know; what matters is that Prague is very much a tourist hub which makes it perfect for little excursions like that.

Could be worse...he could literally have dementia, and forgot the number of meetings he had with the leader of the FBI personally.

- - - Updated - - -

The bill to protect Mueller has been stalled. The vote is pushed back to the 26th.

There are also concerns that the bill will be amended, possibly in a way that neuters it, or one that gives a committee influence over the investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Rather than necro an old thread for a one-off, I'll just say that Steven Molo, white collar crime lawyer, also refused to work with Trump.

Amongst other things, Molo represented Deutsche Bank that one time Trump sued them for saying Trump owed them money. Of course, Trump had taken out a mortgage with Deutche Bank, so the claim was 100% factual, but Trump said the bank caused him damage by implying he was worth less than he said he was.

Whatever. Anyhow, Molo said "no" to the offer. It is telling that Team Trump is now looking to hire lawyers that have opposed Trump in the past.

"Maybe he wanted to plead...Molo contendere?"

Get out.
    Devil's advocate, if he was repping Deustche Bank, he might not have wanted to rep Trump because of some conflict of interest. But he doesn't wish to disclose this either so its just easier to say no. FYI I hate Trump but that is one instance that could be explained that way. On the other hand yeah reputable lawyers not wanting to rep him because of Trumps habitually not paying people who represent/do business with him. Not because of how much negative press it would generate. Because even bad publicity is good for a lawyer if they can get him off because it opens up other clients for whichever lawyer/firm reps him.