Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He filed an apology
    If I tweeted something that could be interpreted as a death threat against the judge in not only my case, but the case that involved all my friends, even if it was unintentional, I'd apologize too. I'd probably be whimpering. Because Roger Stone could go to jail for the rest of his life, not just for threatening a judge, but for what case that judge sits on.

An apology is a start, but, that gag order's going to hit him in the balls with a spiked mace if he doesn't shut the fuck up.

Omg...

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1097652491926130688

I've been doing federal criminal law for 24 years and I've never seen anything like this. This is not normal.

He filed an apology...that's not even a thing...
    Stupid watergate keeps living up to its name.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Trump's camp has been on the bubble guts of the shitty scale today...its only Monday.

This McCabe though, I like him. He studied Trump like a book. My concern is that he will make other parties look like there is actually a conspiracy against Trump, and that Trump is just a shitty person.

edit: As on 10:30 pm Monday he still hasn't stopped tweeting...
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-02-19 at 03:31 AM.

Omg...

I've been doing federal criminal law for 24 years and I've never seen anything like this. This is not normal.

"I prosecuted a dude who thought he didn't have to pay taxes because he was a Natural Constitutional Man or some shit and who thought I was part of a black-helicopter UN conspiracy and he was, like, FAR more normal and sensible than this gang of imbeciles."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, that can't be right. (checks source) Sorry, that's T. S. Ellis. My bad.
    With all those hollow men in this sad story, the mistake is easily explained.

And that final stanza is very apt to describe those same guys wailing and flailing to avoid prison.

Omg...

Presumably because if some lunatic had taken it upon themselves to attack her (or does in the future), his lawyers obviously want to distance him from it as much as possible. The moron seems to be in enough trouble without adding a blatant incitement to violence on top of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The New Republic article goes over that stuff as well, it was about how to refuse such offer and not get in trouble.
    Like I said, keep telling yourself whatever you need to. No one here buys your bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Presumably because if some lunatic had taken it upon themselves to attack her (or does in the future), his lawyers obviously want to distance him from it as much as possible. The moron seems to be in enough trouble without adding a blatant incitement to violence on top of everything.
    If he gets away with it, the precedent is pretty fucked. It would mean you can send an email to someone that threatens them, as long as that email contains an attachment and claims you didn’t mean it, the threat would be legal. The mob extorting a business, once done... a lawyer would walk in with a letter of apology to say all threats made were unintentional, meaning to carry no ill intent.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Like I said, keep telling yourself whatever you need to. No one here buys your bullshit.
    It is pretty obvious that Butina's investigation is going nowhere.

There will be no sudden revelations. She'll most likely get "time served", and might not even get deported in the end.

That "random picture" Stone found on the internet, has anyone found the "source"?

His lie is amazing. Why that background, Stone? Why is the only unobstructed object in the background the cross hairs, Stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    That "random picture" Stone found on the internet, has anyone found the "source"?
    The photograph — a version of which appeared earlier on a site pushing false conspiracy theories — featured a target symbol near the judge's head. The symbol is also associated with the Zodiac killer.

Best I could do in five minutes.

It is pretty obvious that Butina's investigation is going nowhere.

There will be no sudden revelations. She'll most likely get "time served", and might not even get deported in the end.
    It's pretty obvious that your fantasy land is not reality, and her case is going to lead to more arrests.

It's pretty obvious that your fantasy land is not reality, and her case is going to lead to more arrests.
    Upon which information do you base that assessment?

Upon which information do you base that assessment?
    Pay attention to reality.

Maddow, really?

Paul Erickson fraud doesn't seem to be connected to Butina in any way so far; it certainly has nothing to do with Butina's indictment.

Maddow, really?

Paul Erickson fraud doesn't seem to be connected to Butina in any way so far; it certainly has nothing to do with Butina's indictment.
    Like I said, keep telling yourself whatever you need to.

Edit: looks like we might get more info on the "mystery subpoena" soon. My money is still on qatar.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-02-19 at 03:14 PM.

Like I said, keep telling yourself whatever you need to.
    Butina isn't part of Mueller's probe, so any outcome isn't going to be worth much.

Butina isn't part of Mueller's probe, so any outcome isn't going to be worth much.
    How would you know whether she's a part of his probe or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He wouldn't, it's just something he has to tell himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because she was already interviewed by FBI before, and her indictment didn't come from Mueller?

Why would he offload indictment elsewhere if she was relevant to him?