1. #15161
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How would you know whether she's a part of his probe or not?
    Because she was already interviewed by FBI before, and her indictment didn't come from Mueller?

    Why would he offload indictment elsewhere if she was relevant to him?

  2. #15162
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    22,955
    Stone hauled back into court to explain the cross-hairs.

    Reportedly, the judge is going to demand an answer to "why shouldn't I modify the gag order?" And I'm so eager to hear that defense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's like he wants to go to prison.
    So is a "Minute Order" an order so obvious that it only took a minute to fill out the paperwork? Asking for a Stone.

  3. #15163
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Stone hauled back into court to explain the cross-hairs.

    Reportedly, the judge is going to demand an answer to "why shouldn't I modify the gag order?" And I'm so eager to hear that defense.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So is a "Minute Order" an order so obvious that it only took a minute to fill out the paperwork? Asking for a Stone.
    After reading the filing it’s clear that the question is “why shouldn’t I revoke bail?” After Manafort’s bullshit I feel like Judge Jackson isn’t going to be putting up with any more of it from other criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  4. #15164
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    22,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After reading the filing it’s clear that the question is “why shouldn’t I revoke bail?”
    ...or it could be that. Yes, Judge Jackson is clearly out of fucks to give by now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The NYTimes reports that Trump asked acting AG Whitaker to put Geoffrey Berman in charge of the FBI's investigation into Cohen.

    "But that doesn't make sense. Berman recused himself in April. Whitaker wasn't acting AG yet."

    Indeed.

    Berman, Trump and Giulliani have personal and business ties, and Trump fired Preet Brahahahahaha last year, replacing him with Berman. As such, Berman was basically forced to recuse himself. Trump knew that, and asked Whitaker anyhow.

    Incidentally, supposedly Whitaker also knew this, and refused the order. And then Trump tweeted and went golfing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Always back up your data.

    The Associated Press reports that McCabe, worried that other people would be fired after Comey was --

    "Wasn't McCabe himself fired?"

    Well, yes, that's kind of the point. Anyhow, McCabe had the FBI make backups of all the evidence of the Russian and related probes, for exactly this type of situation.

    ALso:

    McCabe hinted at that anxiety in an interview that aired Sunday with CBS News’s “60 Minutes,” saying he met with investigators after Comey’s firing.

    “I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion,” McCabe said. “That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace.”

    He added, “I wanted to make sure that our case was on solid ground and if somebody came in behind me and closed it and tried to walk away from it, they would not be able to do that without creating a record of why they made that decision.”
    McCabe more or less confirms it personally.

  5. #15165
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...or it could be that. Yes, Judge Jackson is clearly out of fucks to give by now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The NYTimes reports that Trump asked acting AG Whitaker to put Geoffrey Berman in charge of the FBI's investigation into Cohen.

    "But that doesn't make sense. Berman recused himself in April. Whitaker wasn't acting AG yet."

    Indeed.

    Berman, Trump and Giulliani have personal and business ties, and Trump fired Preet Brahahahahaha last year, replacing him with Berman. As such, Berman was basically forced to recuse himself. Trump knew that, and asked Whitaker anyhow.

    Incidentally, supposedly Whitaker also knew this, and refused the order. And then Trump tweeted and went golfing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Always back up your data.

    The Associated Press reports that McCabe, worried that other people would be fired after Comey was --

    "Wasn't McCabe himself fired?"

    Well, yes, that's kind of the point. Anyhow, McCabe had the FBI make backups of all the evidence of the Russian and related probes, for exactly this type of situation.

    ALso:

    McCabe hinted at that anxiety in an interview that aired Sunday with CBS News’s “60 Minutes,” saying he met with investigators after Comey’s firing.

    “I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion,” McCabe said. “That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace.”

    He added, “I wanted to make sure that our case was on solid ground and if somebody came in behind me and closed it and tried to walk away from it, they would not be able to do that without creating a record of why they made that decision.”
    McCabe more or less confirms it personally.
    I feel like if the writers of V for Vendetta wrote a prequel, scenes like the above would be in it.
    No one is above the law!

  6. #15166
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    22,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After reading the filing it’s clear that the question is “why shouldn’t I revoke bail?”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...m-post-n973161

    A judge may send Roger Stone to jail after Stone posted a photo of the judge on Instagram Monday afternoon with crosshairs in the background next to her head.

    Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who is presiding over Stone's prosecution in D.C. federal court, scheduled a new hearing Thursday to discuss "why the media contact order entered in this case and/or his conditions of release should not be modified or revoked in light of the posts on his Instagram account." The judge's options include revoking his bail.
    Saying "I'm sorry" and hoping that would be good enough isn't the iron-clad strategy these days as it was when you were six.

  7. #15167
    I can see the line; "We are not amused."

  8. #15168
    Bloodsail Admiral Korlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,113
    Anyone else get a craving for turnips after reading the last page?
    Or was it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

  9. #15169
    Elemental Lord Shon237's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AWOKE!
    Posts
    8,891
    NYT: Acting Att Gen Whitaker maybe have perjured himself before a US House committee by claiming Trump never tried to pressure him over the Russia probe. https://t.co/uChQKQOXz9
    https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/...069978112?s=19

    First we all assume that the president talked to Whittaker about the investigation. The funny and sad part is Whittaker should have assumed this was known. Like an idiot and trump lackey, he chose to lie in front of the committee anyways. If report is true.

    President Trump may have tried to interfere with the investigation of his former fixer Michael Cohen by asking the acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, to put a Trump ally in charge of the probe, according to a New York Times report https://t.co/zPrAFQErnJ https://t.co/mz0eTb1o2G
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1097964815262404610?s=19

    The sad part is I didn't know to post here or Shitshow thread.

  10. #15170
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/...069978112?s=19

    First we all assume that the president talked to Whittaker about the investigation. The funny and sad part is Whittaker should have assumed this was known. Like an idiot and trump lackey, he chose to lie in front of the committee anyways. If report is true.
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1097964815262404610?s=19
    The sad part is I didn't know to post here or Shitshow thread.
    Hate defending trump, but the report I saw said that Trump "asked whitaker if it'd be possible to replace the current AG working on the case with the guy who recused himself from the case". Not that he told him to do it, or pressured him to do it. So all Whitaker has to do is say he didn't feel pressured over it, and that's it.

  11. #15171
    Considering his competency, I'm surprised he didn't claim someone hacked his account. Perhaps there's still time?

  12. #15172
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Hate defending trump, but the report I saw said that Trump "asked whitaker if it'd be possible to replace the current AG working on the case with the guy who recused himself from the case". Not that he told him to do it, or pressured him to do it. So all Whitaker has to do is say he didn't feel pressured over it, and that's it.
    The report from the NYT was that Trump soured on Whitaker and complained to and about him him over his inability to put Berman in charge because he needed the problem to go away. If Trump insulted him in any way, used a hostile tone in his complaints, and based on the wording of the request, that still qualifies as obstruction by attempted intimidation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

  13. #15173
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,463
    It's being reported by multiple sources that McCabe briefed the "Gang of Eight" on the March 2017 FBI probe into Trump's possible treasonous actions.
    "No one objected — not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds, and not based on the facts,” he said Tuesday in an interview on NBC’s “Today,” ahead of the release of his book about his time at the FBI under Trump.
    For those that don't know, the Gang of Eight are eight members of the Intelligence Committees from each side (4 from Dems and 4 from GOP). Which means Trump's Deep State bs just got a lot thicker - the GOP knew about this investigation back in March of 2017.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-02-19 at 11:23 PM.
    No one is above the law!

  14. #15174
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The report from the NYT was that Trump soured on Whitaker and complained to and about him him over his inability to put Berman in charge because he needed the problem to go away. If Trump insulted him in any way, used a hostile tone in his complaints, and based on the wording of the request, that still qualifies as obstruction by attempted intimidation.
    Oh, I was only talking about whether Whitaker lied in front of congress, not whether or not it was obstruction. Whitaker was asked if he was pressured to intervene, or if trump vented to him about the investigation. Whitaker said no, but those things are completely subjective, and not something you could hang a perjury trial on, even with these new revelations.

  15. #15175
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's being reported by multiple sources that McCabe briefed the "Gang of Eight" on the March 2017 FBI probe into Trump's possible treasonous actions.


    For those that don't know, the Gang of Eight are eight members of the Intelligence Committees from each side (4 from Dems and 4 from GOP). Which means Trump's Deep State bs just got a lot thicker - the GOP knew about this investigation back in March of 2017.
    Sorta, it's the top people from the senate and house in both parties (turtle/schumer-ryan/pelosi) and the top people from both chambers' intel committees from both parties (schiff/nunes-burr/warner). Only 1/2 are from the intel committees.

    Edit: Also, it knew about the investigation before the election. Both partys' leadership were informed, turtle prevented it from being made public.
    Edit x2: That's who the gang of 8 was in 2016-most of 2018, in 2018, ryan->mccarthy.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-02-20 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  16. #15176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Edit: Also, it knew about the investigation before the election. Both partys' leadership were informed, turtle prevented it from being made public.
    This.

    https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761...erence-in-2016

    The Obama administration wanted to go out with a bipartisan statement, McConnell refused. Out of concern for giving the appearance that they were putting their thumbs on the scale for Hillary, Obama decided to not go out with an official comment/report and kept other Democrats from doing so as well.

    It's literally all because McConnell refused to sign on and Obama didn't want to appear the partisan, when in reality the only partisan involved was McConnell.

    WHO BY THE WAY is working closely with his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, to funnel influential politicians and business leaders from Kentucky to her office for special treatment.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...onship-1163655

    You know, not remotely shady or corrupt.

  17. #15177
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Sorta, it's the top people from the senate and house in both parties (turtle/schumer-ryan/pelosi) and the top people from both chambers' intel committees from both parties (schiff/nunes-burr/warner). Only 1/2 are from the intel committees.

    Edit: Also, it knew about the investigation before the election. Both partys' leadership were informed, turtle prevented it from being made public.
    Edit x2: That's who the gang of 8 was in 2016-most of 2018, in 2018, ryan->mccarthy.
    Good point - leadership and intel committee chairs/ranking members. Huge though that now there is definitive proof the GOP knew about it before the election and chose to sit on it. I'm not saying McCabe's word is definitive, but the briefing is - there will be proof it happened (unless Nunes destroyed it).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This.

    https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761...erence-in-2016

    The Obama administration wanted to go out with a bipartisan statement, McConnell refused. Out of concern for giving the appearance that they were putting their thumbs on the scale for Hillary, Obama decided to not go out with an official comment/report and kept other Democrats from doing so as well.

    It's literally all because McConnell refused to sign on and Obama didn't want to appear the partisan, when in reality the only partisan involved was McConnell.

    WHO BY THE WAY is working closely with his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, to funnel influential politicians and business leaders from Kentucky to her office for special treatment.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...onship-1163655

    You know, not remotely shady or corrupt.
    It's a good indication of why McConnell has been sucking Trump's dick for so long - he's up to his eyeballs in it. McConnell might be on the jail time list at this point.
    No one is above the law!

  18. #15178
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Good point - leadership and intel committee chairs/ranking members. Huge though that now there is definitive proof the GOP knew about it before the election and chose to sit on it. I'm not saying McCabe's word is definitive, but the briefing is - there will be proof it happened (unless Nunes destroyed it).

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's a good indication of why McConnell has been sucking Trump's dick for so long - he's up to his eyeballs in it. McConnell might be on the jail time list at this point.
    I think the only reason he's defending Trump is because he's so far in with the Russians (maybe even further than Trump himself) that he knows he's going down if the Russia stuff is uncovered (which it already has beeen).

  19. #15179
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I think the only reason he's defending Trump is because he's so far in with the Russians (maybe even further than Trump himself) that he knows he's going down if the Russia stuff is uncovered (which it already has beeen).
    Good point. They've found moneys from the NRA to McConnell directly, right? Something like $1MM iirc.
    No one is above the law!

  20. #15180
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Good point. They've found moneys from the NRA to McConnell directly, right? Something like $1MM iirc.
    Not as far as I know. Maybe his senate majority pac, but himself? Doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •