1. #15941
    I have it on good authority that only guilty people take the fifth.

  2. #15942
    RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
    You may be disappointed by the Mueller report..

    Unless Mueller files a detailed indictment charging members of the Trump campaign with conspiring with Russia, the public may never learn the full scope of what Mueller and his team has found — including potentially scandalous behavior that doesn't amount to a provable crime.

    Download the NBC News mobile app for breaking news alerts and full coverage of the Mueller report.

    The reason: The special counsel operates under rules that severely constrain how much information can be made public.

    Those rules require that the special counsel's report to the attorney general be "confidential." And, while the attorney general is required to notify Congress about Mueller's findings, the rules say those reports must amount to "brief notifications, with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them."

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...report-n971601
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  3. #15943
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,081
    Can you imagine being so shit at posting, you not only fail at highlighting article text, but also fail at removing advertising within said text.

  4. #15944
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
    You may be disappointed by the Mueller report..

    Unless Mueller files a detailed indictment charging members of the Trump campaign with conspiring with Russia, the public may never learn the full scope of what Mueller and his team has found — including potentially scandalous behavior that doesn't amount to a provable crime.

    Download the NBC News mobile app for breaking news alerts and full coverage of the Mueller report.

    The reason: The special counsel operates under rules that severely constrain how much information can be made public.

    Those rules require that the special counsel's report to the attorney general be "confidential." And, while the attorney general is required to notify Congress about Mueller's findings, the rules say those reports must amount to "brief notifications, with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them."

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...report-n971601
    How did I know it was dilanian before I even opened the link.

    Edit: For context, he's one of the idiots who's been saying the report is coming out in the next week for 2 years.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-03-21 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  5. #15945
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    When he was a private citizen?
    Why does that matter?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  6. #15946
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Roger Stone takes the Fifth rather than talk to the House.

    "Basically, he has two choices, tell the truth and go to jail, or say nothing and possibly go to jail," Stone's lawyers didn't say but I'm pretending they did. "His emails prove he talked to WikiLeaks about attacking the election, something he denied doing under oath. If he admits he lied, he shares a jail cell with Manafort. If he says nothing, he waits till his jury trial in November. Eight months is a lot of time to hide money from federal investigators."
    From my understanding, taking the fifth keeps you from testifying and incriminating yourself but that doesn't apply to tangible evidence like paperwork and such.

    So he would still be required to turn over the paperwork even if it incriminates him.

  7. #15947
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So in Sweden, all evidence found in an investigation that isn't over yet is put out there for the public?
    Fairly certain he doesn't live in Sweden.

  8. #15948
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why should we "hate" Trump?
    This is a reminder that Lockedout has posted support of White Supremacists and should never be debated or engaged in discussions, as you can see from the above quoted post he's being VERY disingenuous and I believe he's legitimately "Trolling" people. His previous postings for the past 5+ years are clearly enough evidence that he more than well knows the answer this phony-question of his.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Roger Stone takes the Fifth rather than talk to the House.

    "Basically, he has two choices, tell the truth and go to jail, or say nothing and possibly go to jail," Stone's lawyers didn't say but I'm pretending they did. "His emails prove he talked to WikiLeaks about attacking the election, something he denied doing under oath. If he admits he lied, he shares a jail cell with Manafort. If he says nothing, he waits till his jury trial in November. Eight months is a lot of time to hide money from federal investigators."
    Man, you gotta stop doing that!* It makes me snicker every time I read those! XD


    *DON'T STOP! They're funny! =D

  9. #15949
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    For as much as the religious right has constantly berated the left for "Degrading the morals of this country", the left has by and large, kept morals within the boundaries of what most societies would call safe indulgences. For instance, while the right might see homosexuality as a degradation of morals, most homosexual pairings end up in fairly normal relationships, whereas heterosexual relationship norms as you say have degraded immensely, especially among the upper tiers of wealth.
    Generally I agree. However I would say, again, Bill Clinton should have resigned over Monica Lewinsky (or, you know, kept his dick in his pants while President) and John Edwards was right to have his political career ruined by having a secret child and then try to cover it up.

    Even relatively harmless moral compromises such as those above have no place for any American in elected office.

    If Bill Clinton, private citizen, wanted to get a BJ from a woman not his wife, who cares.

    For people with the public trust, the standards must be higher and there most not be any second chances. A one strike and your out policy _is_ quality control.

    Are we all ready for Andrew Yang's Wang? Because we already had that with Anthony Weiner. How long until we get a President or candidate who took an unfortunate selfie? Standards matter.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-03-21 at 09:21 PM.

  10. #15950
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1108791715413012480?s=19
    Hey look Trumpkins, this is something you should be horribly upset at.
    Yeah...https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/st...13147752812544

    KT McFarland used an AOL email address because I guess EarthLink was too high tech.

    https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...89693431324674

    Jared used WhatsApp to communicate with foreign persons, probably including MBS
    - Ivanka still uses a home brew server she shares with Jared for emails about official business
    - KT McFarland used an AOL email to participate in Flynn’s shady nuclear deal


    Official Document here

  11. #15951
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    26,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So he would still be required to turn over the paperwork even if it incriminates him.
    I think that's correct. Otherwise warrants would be useless.

  12. #15952
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think that's correct. Otherwise warrants would be useless.
    At which point him pleading the fifth is pretty well useless for him as the papers already must be turned over.

  13. #15953
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    26,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ivanka still uses a home brew server she shares with Jared for emails about official business
    Well, @lockedout you know the deal. Explain how this is okay, but Clinton's private server was not. Failure to even try within 24 hours is, again, admission you know it's the same thing.

  14. #15954
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, @lockedout you know the deal. Explain how this is okay, but Clinton's private server was not. Failure to even try within 24 hours is, again, admission you know it's the same thing.
    I'm curious, have you been keeping track of every time Lockedout, by default agreed with you?

  15. #15955
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I'm curious, have you been keeping track of every time Lockedout, by default agreed with you?
    I think it's everytime Breccia has put up the challenge. @lockedout is a coward and a hypocrite so they never answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

  16. #15956
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, @lockedout you know the deal. Explain how this is okay, but Clinton's private server was not. Failure to even try within 24 hours is, again, admission you know it's the same thing.
    I never said it was ok throw Jared Ivanka and Hillary in the same jail cell.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  17. #15957
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I never said it was ok throw Jared Ivanka and Hillary in the same jail cell.
    I can't help but notice there's an orange autocrat missing from your list. So I think the challenge still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

  18. #15958
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I can't help but notice there's an orange autocrat missing from your list. So I think the challenge still stands.
    This is what was said to me. "Ivanka still uses a home brew server she shares with Jared for emails about official business."

    "Well, @lockedout you know the deal. Explain how this is okay, but Clinton's private server was not. Failure to even try within 24 hours is, again, admission you know it's the same thing."

    So I addressed what was said to me. No one mentioned the sitting president.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  19. #15959
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    26,430
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I'm curious, have you been keeping track of every time Lockedout, by default agreed with you?
    Including the post below, it's 100% agreement. @lockedout at least seems to know when he's backed into a corner. That's why I keep challenging him.

  20. #15960
    However damaging Mueller's report will be, the worst thing republicans can do is let Trump keep running for 2020. Before election day there will be more massive hits by the numerous other investigations into Trump and his family/people. From now until then it's going to be one long string of dumpster fires and train wrecks.

    And then there's the upcoming recession. If republicans give a shit at all about their party they need to unify against Trump and push him out. I'd say they need to do that anyway if they give a shit about the country in general, but they've already proven where they stand on that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •