Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    However damaging Mueller's report will be, the worst thing republicans can do is let Trump keep running for 2020. Before election day there will be more massive hits by the numerous other investigations into Trump and his family/people. From now until then it's going to be one long string of dumpster fires and train wrecks.

And then there's the upcoming recession. If republicans give a shit at all about their party they need to unify against Trump and push him out. I'd say they need to do that anyway if they give a shit about the country in general, but they've already proven where they stand on that.
    Anyone who votes for Trump hates America.

BREAKING: The House Judiciary Committee is told to expect notification by 5pm that the Mueller report has been delivered to Barr
    https://twitter.com/nakashimae/statu...242779137?s=19

Well it's in. See where it goes from here.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

and here we gooo......

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/nakashimae/statu...242779137?s=19

Well it's in. See where it goes from here.
    If this is accurate we're in for an interesting weekend on Trump's twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let the shitter-tweet-storm begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I was going to do some editorial work since it was from Twitter. I guess we don't know if it's final report or what.

So a little caution.

Update and looks confirmed.

Breaking News: Robert Mueller has submitted his full report on President Trump and Russia to the attorney general, who now must decide how much of it to release
    https://t.co/6n150hNJm1
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-03-22 at 09:08 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Yeah it's getting picked up by everyone now. Here we go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

My guess: Trump has been responding the past week because he already got the bad news.

Happy Mueller Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of how this goes, we should all take a moment to appreciate the profound service Mueller did to the United States. He's been a model of professionalism and republican (small r) virtue over the past two years. A symbol for the country as to what we should be, at a time an un-American demagogue at the head of a deplorable uprising haunts the White House.

We should all be a little bit more like Robert Mueller.

The investigation is wrapped and Barr sent a letter to both the Senate and the House saying there’d be news about the conclusions as early as this weekend. Shit just got real.

Time to get some answers.

Barr's letter:

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Barr's letter:<SNIP>
    Barr will do everything he can to block as much of it as possible I assume and will require Congress to subpoena it.

It's unfortunate that the report won't be made public. Of course we all know why...
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Barr will do everything he can to block as much of it as possible I assume and will require Congress to subpoena it.
    I'm torn on Barr. He's more an establishment guy than a Trump guy. I could see him releasing parts damaging to Trump and inner circle, but other information about say GOP involvement be kept hushed until a congressional subpoena.

If he goes full Trumpkin, this is the hill he dies on. There's no play to be made that helps everyone AND Trump as the information will be ripped out and thrown to the public one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It's unfortunate that the report won't be made public. Of course we all know why...
    I suspect Barr will release a favorably redacted version of it for the president so he can scream about being vindicated.

Wonder how long it'll be from the report being finished to the report being made public. Things don't really get real until everyone can see what Mueller found.

I think it'll be a dud. No collusion, maybe a few more low level people implicated but nothing that will take Trump down.

Then he will use it as ammo against the Dems for the next 1.5 years. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I'm torn on Barr. He's more an establishment guy than a Trump guy. I could see him releasing parts damaging to Trump and inner circle, but other information about say GOP involvement be kept hushed until a congressional subpoena.

If he goes full Trumpkin, this is the hill he dies on. There's no play to be made that helps everyone AND Trump as the information will be ripped out and thrown to the public one way or the other.
    His job is to stall and throw as much misinformation out there as possible so when the real thing comes out no one trusts it and Trump plays the victim. Barr's only job is to cover Trump's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.