1. #16001
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It's unfortunate that the report won't be made public. Of course we all know why...
    I suspect Barr will release a favorably redacted version of it for the president so he can scream about being vindicated.

  2. #16002
    Wonder how long it'll be from the report being finished to the report being made public. Things don't really get real until everyone can see what Mueller found.

  3. #16003
    I think it'll be a dud. No collusion, maybe a few more low level people implicated but nothing that will take Trump down.

    Then he will use it as ammo against the Dems for the next 1.5 years. I hope I'm wrong.

  4. #16004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I'm torn on Barr. He's more an establishment guy than a Trump guy. I could see him releasing parts damaging to Trump and inner circle, but other information about say GOP involvement be kept hushed until a congressional subpoena.

    If he goes full Trumpkin, this is the hill he dies on. There's no play to be made that helps everyone AND Trump as the information will be ripped out and thrown to the public one way or the other.
    His job is to stall and throw as much misinformation out there as possible so when the real thing comes out no one trusts it and Trump plays the victim. Barr's only job is to cover Trump's ass.

  5. #16005
    https://mobile.twitter.com/charlie_s...03894289289216

    The letter Barr sent to congressional leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  6. #16006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Barr will do everything he can to block as much of it as possible I assume and will require Congress to subpoena it.
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

    My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

    To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

    The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.

  7. #16007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The investigation is wrapped and Barr sent a letter to both the Senate and the House saying there’d be news about the conclusions as early as this weekend. Shit just got real.
    Eh, I've got doubts. There's still subpoenas working their way through the courts. At best, this is a status report for russian interference, and not trump's malfeasance (and other countries' involvement) as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  8. #16008
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I think it'll be a dud. No collusion, maybe a few more low level people implicated but nothing that will take Trump down.

    Then he will use it as ammo against the Dems for the next 1.5 years. I hope I'm wrong.
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting. As I've mentioned numerous times before, Trump always keeps a few people between himself and his dirty deeds (see: Cohen), so I'm thinking there's not going to be any damning evidence in the report directly tying him to Russia. Mayyyyybe one or two other high-ranking individuals get some indictments thrown their way, but I don't see this being the smoking gun.

    My big fear from all of this is that, the above being true, Trump's popularity among the absolute idiots will swell because they haven't been paying attention to all of the OTHER shit he's been doing since he's been in office and he'll ride that wave through to 2020. You can bet your life it's going to be something he talks about with his dumb, smug face every chance he gets...and the GOP will eat it up. This wouldn't make that much of a difference if not for the fact the extensive gerrymandering the GOP has done will guarantee they win as long as their minority unifies.

  9. #16009
    Remember... Sealed Indictments are a thing.

  10. #16010
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,711
    Brace yourself.

    Republican leaks of 'no wrong doing' incoming.

  11. #16011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting. As I've mentioned numerous times before, Trump always keeps a few people between himself and his dirty deeds (see: Cohen), so I'm thinking there's not going to be any damning evidence in the report directly tying him to Russia. Mayyyyybe one or two other high-ranking individuals get some indictments thrown their way, but I don't see this being the smoking gun.

    My big fear from all of this is that, the above being true, Trump's popularity among the absolute idiots will swell because they haven't been paying attention to all of the OTHER shit he's been doing since he's been in office and he'll ride that wave through to 2020. You can bet your life it's going to be something he talks about with his dumb, smug face every chance he gets...and the GOP will eat it up. This wouldn't make that much of a difference if not for the fact the extensive gerrymandering the GOP has done will guarantee they win as long as their minority unifies.
    It's utterly meaningless.

    Even if there was a smoking gun, Trump would deny it, his base would eat it up, and the GOP would protect him at all costs.

    Haven't you guys been paying attention the past two years? He's above the law at this point. The Dems just need to worry about getting their shit together and making sure he is voted out....but even that may not be enough.

  12. #16012
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    It's utterly meaningless.

    Even if there was a smoking gun, Trump would deny it, his base would eat it up, and the GOP would protect him at all costs.

    Haven't you guys been paying attention the past two years? He's above the law at this point. The Dems just need to worry about getting their shit together and making sure he is voted out....but even that may not be enough.
    Yes. We've been paying attention. Trump isn't the one on Trial here.

    The United States of America is.

    Trump is symptomatic of a deeper rot.

  13. #16013
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Brace yourself.

    Republican leaks of 'no wrong doing' incoming.
    My body is ready for the gaslighting to go into overdrive this weekend.

  14. #16014
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

    My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

    To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

    The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.
    If the full report comes out in 10 years, Trump will probably be dead.

    I am worried about them running interference to protect the establishment guys, especially if McConnel or some other guys in there are in the report. If they try and withhold it, I figure it would be a swift subpoena which they will probably try to fight till after the next election.

    I also fear that they will attempt to edit it like have they tried to do with Trumps transcripts before as well. The Republicans honestly don't seem above doing that given all they have done thus for for their own power and they know that if Trump goes down, he is taking the party with them for a LONG time to come.

  15. #16015
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

    My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

    To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

    The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.

    So the result of all of this is Trump stays on, plays the victim card to get reelected, and in Pence's second term we find out that Trump was guilty all along?

  16. #16016
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So the result of all of this is Trump stays on, plays the victim card to get reelected, and in Pence's second term we find out that Trump was guilty all along?
    Dude, if we got 2 terms of Trump followed by 2 terms off Pence, there wouldn't be a United States left to hear it. It would be full on dictator at that point as they would be trying to dismantle democracy at every point and would be even more emboldened and motivated to do it and would bury that report before it hit that point.

  17. #16017
    Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)


  18. #16018
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.

  19. #16019
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.
    Damn, that is terrible english.

    Would you care for a second try?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)


  20. #16020
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    18,966
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Brace yourself.

    Republican leaks of 'no wrong doing' incoming.
    DoJ is already like "NO MORE INDICTMENT WE'RE GOOD"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Damn, that is terrible english.

    Would you care for a second try?
    That sentence is perfectly readable.
    Don't project your lack of comprehension on others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •