1. #16161
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    If the FBI states the DOJ did not make the decision. And Page's testimony says that it did.
    No, her testimony doesn’t state that. She agreed to having DOJ say they won’t persecute. The DOJ does make the final decision... regardless of FBI recommendation. That’s the basic government function I am sick of repeating. Don’t let them do this to you... you are better than this.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  2. #16162
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, her testimony doesn’t state that. She agreed to having DOJ say they won’t persecute. The DOJ does make the final decision... regardless of FBI recommendation. That’s the basic government function I am sick of repeating. Don’t let them do this to you... you are better than this.
    -=-=-=-
    As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.
    Mr. Ratcliffe: Okay. So let me if I can, I know I’m testing your memory, but when you say advice you got from the Department [of Justice], you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: “You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to.”

    Ms. Page: That’s correct
    It does state this VERY clearly. The FBI says that is was not the DOJ who had the final say:
    we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case


    Lisa Page's testimony says that No, they were told DOJ would not charge them if the FBI tried for gross negligence
    he Department that told you: “You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to.”

    Ms. Page: That’s correct
    It's a simple question, again, who lied and why?

    Again, not alleging anything further. You still haven't answered the same question I keep having to repeat. And no worries feeling is mutual - I'm getting tired of repeating the same question over and over.

  3. #16163
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    My god the burner accounts are coming out of the wood work to defend Trump and play down the results which aren't even public yet.

    Either we got some truly fragile snowflakes fearful of reality or some Russian Troll Farms working overtime to actually bother on an MMO website forum.
    Fox News has also gone defcon5 with talking points the entire Trump apparatus is on overdrive.

  4. #16164
    Random thought: You know who tends to scream the loudest when there's any actual, even extremely slight, good news for Donald Trump?

    Trump himself.

    So all the deplorables, burner accounts, twitter trolls, and Fox News are celebrating like it's 1999 today, self-convinced that Mueller's Report is great news for them.

    But strangely, Trump is completely silent. Maybe he has reasons to think this report being finished isn't such great news?

  5. #16165
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    Random thought: You know who tends to scream the loudest when there's any actual, even extremely slight, good news for Donald Trump?

    Trump himself.

    So all the deplorables, burner accounts, twitter trolls, and Fox News are celebrating like it's 1999 today, self-convinced that Mueller's Report is great news for them.

    But strangely, Trump is completely silent. Maybe he has reasons to think this report being finished isn't such great news?
    Yep, Fox Business posted a video 2 hours ago with that Trump cock gobbler Lou Dobbs hosting with Tom Fitton. Saying that no new indictments suggests that Trump is vindicated. And I say it doesn't mean he is vindicated, it just means that Mueller was following DoJ guidelines about not indicting Trump.

  6. #16166
    Stood in the Fire Arvei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    h*ck
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, Fox Business posted a video 2 hours ago with that Trump cock gobbler Lou Dobbs hosting with Tom Fitton. Saying that no new indictments suggests that Trump is vindicated. And I say it doesn't mean he is vindicated, it just means that Mueller was following DoJ guidelines about not indicting Trump.
    I mean, Trump's already been named as Individual 1, an unindicted co-conspirator. On top of that, he's brazenly admitted on national TV to Lester Holt to firing Comey to get rid of the Russian investigation. Not sure how Trump supporters are forgetting all of this...

  7. #16167
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    I mean, Trump's already been named as Individual 1, an unindicted co-conspirator. On top of that, he's brazenly admitted on national TV to Lester Holt to firing Comey to get rid of the Russian investigation. Not sure how Trump supporters are forgetting all of this...
    Selective memory has been a trait of Trump supporters since 2015. Just part of the mental illness.

  8. #16168
    Can we all appreciate the sheer cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy needed for people who have been haunting the Clintons for decades saying a couple of years is enough investigation.

  9. #16169
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, Fox Business posted a video 2 hours ago with that Trump cock gobbler Lou Dobbs hosting with Tom Fitton. Saying that no new indictments suggests that Trump is vindicated. And I say it doesn't mean he is vindicated, it just means that Mueller was following DoJ guidelines about not indicting Trump.
    Exactly. David Frum said the same thing almost 2 years ago. A great read https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...answer/526662/
    DAVID FRUM
    MAY 14, 2017

    Careful what you wish for.

    In the wake of the firing of FBI Director James Comey, many are demanding a special prosecutor into the Trump-Russia connection. It’s not appreciated enough that such an appointment could well turn into a shield for wrongdoing. A special prosecutor could wrap the investigation of the Trump-Russia matter in secrecy for months and years—and ultimately fail to answer any of the important questions demanding answers.....

    It’s easy to imagine a Trump-Russia special prosecutor also being distracted off the main path and into the thickets. It’s imaginable, for example, that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort did not fully and accurately disclose his foreign lobbying work. Or that persons in the Trump orbit have not paid all their taxes. Those omissions would plunge those individuals into legal jeopardy—but discovering and punishing them, if they occurred, would not do much to protect the public from Russian efforts to corrupt American democracy....

    It’s more important that the investigation be speedy and its full conclusions shared with the public than that it lead to indictments, prosecutions, and penalties. By delaying, distracting, and asking the wrong questions, a slow-moving and tight-lipped special prosecutor could well serve Trump’s interests better than Trump’s own lawyers to date have done.

  10. #16170

  11. #16171
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    I mean, Trump's already been named as Individual 1, an unindicted co-conspirator. On top of that, he's brazenly admitted on national TV to Lester Holt to firing Comey to get rid of the Russian investigation. Not sure how Trump supporters are forgetting all of this...
    I do. Their heads are shoved so far up Trump's ass, they are cleaning his tonsils.

  12. #16172
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    28,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    Random thought: You know who tends to scream the loudest when there's any actual, even extremely slight, good news for Donald Trump?

    Trump himself.

    So all the deplorables, burner accounts, twitter trolls, and Fox News are celebrating like it's 1999 today, self-convinced that Mueller's Report is great news for them.

    But strangely, Trump is completely silent. Maybe he has reasons to think this report being finished isn't such great news?
    This is an extremely interesting point. By now we can assume Trump and his team have seen the report, vis a vis his AG stooge Barr. Trump not shouting from the rooftops, and instead actually denigrating a dead hero, possibly tells us something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Easiest $100 of my life.
    I love that you don't even understand the terms of your own bet. Or is it 2021 yet?

    #TRE45ON

  13. #16173
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I love that you don't even understand the terms of your own bet. Or is it 2021 yet?
    Soon lad, soon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also here's the report for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

    https://www.scribd.com/document/4028...85D35_Y9nOhxyI

  14. #16174
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Soon lad, soon.
    Wow, the objectivist doesn't realize it's still almost 1 year away...

    But, I guess it's in your best selfish interest to belief you can fold time, right? >_<

  15. #16175
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Wow, the objectivist doesn't realize it's still almost 1 year away...

    But, I guess it's in your best selfish interest to belief you can fold time, right? >_<
    Hey man why are you always putting down objectivists? Where is your love for your fellow man?

  16. #16176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Define "You People"

    I couldn't care less what you do on Fridays. Other than you surrounding yourself with a bunch of anti-Trumpsters and believing it makes you an expert on anything.

    Fine. Meuller report didn't prove what you want it to prove. It failed in doing what it should have done. And any attempts to reference back to it will be immediately slapped across the face of anyone doing it. Why? Because you made Trump the 'victim of malicious prosecution of partisan reasons'. I'm definitely not the learned intellectual you are, and I already know how this goes.

    So we fight till you are satisfied? Piss off. Trump is a fucking child. Debate his policies and cut out your resistance jargon. Trump wants a wall and the response is "Walls are Immoral" - People are fucking tired of these stupid games. But you try again for another year and see how that works.

    No, it means you lost the battle. And now you're preparing the decimated forces for one more hoorah. Go for it.

    I'm not fighting your stupid fight based on your stupid conspiracy theory.

    Done.
    Yeah, the part I put in bold shows you really aren't paying attention to the reasons people are opposed to Trump's Wall, which makes the rest of your post seem rather silly. The reasons people are opposed to the wall (which, as someone who follows a shit-ton of news sources from across the political spectrum, has read numerous articles from all of them discussing the actual reason) is because it is damn-near the least cost-effective way to secure a border given the size and terrain it covers. Increased staffing, greater use of drone technologies, cameras, motion sensors, and other tech (which is what the Border Patrol has been asking for and even argued against the effectiveness of a massive wall pre-2016) is how the border needs to be secured, because people trying to get in will just go over/under/through the wall (like they already do where there are current walls). Plus, if all of their budget is spent on building/maintaining a wall, how the hell are they going to pay for all the other things that actually work?

    Seriously, everything about your post just screams "I only listen to talking points so this is what I think everyone has been saying the report will show!" and have been caught up by the noise instead of actually listening.

  17. #16177
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Soon lad, soon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also here's the report for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

    https://www.scribd.com/document/4028...85D35_Y9nOhxyI
    So, I really hope you weren't posting this as fact, considering it is the fucking lyrics to All-Star by Smash Mouth.

  18. #16178
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    63,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    It does state this VERY clearly. The FBI says that is was not the DOJ who had the final say:

    we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case
    Lisa Page's testimony says that No, they were told DOJ would not charge them if the FBI tried for gross negligence

    It's a simple question, again, who lied and why?
    Oh man. I had to dig back through a couple pages because I couldn't believe this was actually an argument.

    So, as stated above, you're taking from the FBI's statement the phrase that "we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case" as a statement that the DOJ did not have the final say, yes?

    Then why, in the name of all the Hells there are, does the immediately preceding clause right before the one you quoted say "although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this"?

    That explicitly states, in the FBI's statement, that the DOJ has the final say.

    Which Page confirms in her testimony.

    Stop ignoring half of what you quote just because that half won't support your bananas conspiracy theory.

  19. #16179
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, I really hope you weren't posting this as fact, considering it is the fucking lyrics to All-Star by Smash Mouth.
    Oh man, I just looked it up and you're right. I'm a little embarrassed tbh.

  20. #16180
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    63,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, I really hope you weren't posting this as fact, considering it is the fucking lyrics to All-Star by Smash Mouth.
    I will say, it makes a hilarious new Lorem Ipsum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •