Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The investigation is wrapped and Barr sent a letter to both the Senate and the House saying there’d be news about the conclusions as early as this weekend. Shit just got real.
    Eh, I've got doubts. There's still subpoenas working their way through the courts. At best, this is a status report for russian interference, and not trump's malfeasance (and other countries' involvement) as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I think it'll be a dud. No collusion, maybe a few more low level people implicated but nothing that will take Trump down.

Then he will use it as ammo against the Dems for the next 1.5 years. I hope I'm wrong.
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting. As I've mentioned numerous times before, Trump always keeps a few people between himself and his dirty deeds (see: Cohen), so I'm thinking there's not going to be any damning evidence in the report directly tying him to Russia. Mayyyyybe one or two other high-ranking individuals get some indictments thrown their way, but I don't see this being the smoking gun.

My big fear from all of this is that, the above being true, Trump's popularity among the absolute idiots will swell because they haven't been paying attention to all of the OTHER shit he's been doing since he's been in office and he'll ride that wave through to 2020. You can bet your life it's going to be something he talks about with his dumb, smug face every chance he gets...and the GOP will eat it up. This wouldn't make that much of a difference if not for the fact the extensive gerrymandering the GOP has done will guarantee they win as long as their minority unifies.

Remember... Sealed Indictments are a thing.

Brace yourself.

Republican leaks of 'no wrong doing' incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting. As I've mentioned numerous times before, Trump always keeps a few people between himself and his dirty deeds (see: Cohen), so I'm thinking there's not going to be any damning evidence in the report directly tying him to Russia. Mayyyyybe one or two other high-ranking individuals get some indictments thrown their way, but I don't see this being the smoking gun.

My big fear from all of this is that, the above being true, Trump's popularity among the absolute idiots will swell because they haven't been paying attention to all of the OTHER shit he's been doing since he's been in office and he'll ride that wave through to 2020. You can bet your life it's going to be something he talks about with his dumb, smug face every chance he gets...and the GOP will eat it up. This wouldn't make that much of a difference if not for the fact the extensive gerrymandering the GOP has done will guarantee they win as long as their minority unifies.
    It's utterly meaningless.

Even if there was a smoking gun, Trump would deny it, his base would eat it up, and the GOP would protect him at all costs.

Haven't you guys been paying attention the past two years? He's above the law at this point. The Dems just need to worry about getting their shit together and making sure he is voted out....but even that may not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    It's utterly meaningless.

Even if there was a smoking gun, Trump would deny it, his base would eat it up, and the GOP would protect him at all costs.

Haven't you guys been paying attention the past two years? He's above the law at this point. The Dems just need to worry about getting their shit together and making sure he is voted out....but even that may not be enough.
    Yes. We've been paying attention. Trump isn't the one on Trial here.

The United States of America is.

Trump is symptomatic of a deeper rot.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Donald Trump is a racist. If you still support him, you are a racist too.

Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Brace yourself.

My body is ready for the gaslighting to go into overdrive this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.
    If the full report comes out in 10 years, Trump will probably be dead.

I am worried about them running interference to protect the establishment guys, especially if McConnel or some other guys in there are in the report. If they try and withhold it, I figure it would be a swift subpoena which they will probably try to fight till after the next election.

I also fear that they will attempt to edit it like have they tried to do with Trumps transcripts before as well. The Republicans honestly don't seem above doing that given all they have done thus for for their own power and they know that if Trump goes down, he is taking the party with them for a LONG time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    One of the things I said a very, very, very long time ago... like at the very beginning of this process, is that when this is over, when the Mueller report is in, the DoJ and US intelligence agencies need to dump everything they have on the table for everyone to see. This is the reason we have all those intelligence agencies... for when shit hits the fan, seperate fact from fiction. If this means burning some sources and methods, it means doing just that. It's big enough.

My concern, actually, is less about Barr. Because regardless of him, this is coming out. It will be leaked. It will be subpoenaed. The next Democratic President will release it. My concern is that the important stuff, in the unredacted reports, hide in the governments networks forever, because the national security apparatus is addicted to secrecy and even "this" isn't big enough for them.

To offer a simple example of what I mean, if they have have people working for them inside Vladimir Putin's inner circle, which is widely believed to be the case, this is the time they out and say it... not hold onto it for a rainy day. The rainy day is here.

The worst possible outcome in my view, isn't that if Trump gets off light here because Barr runs interference. That'll be a delay, at best. It's if we find out 10 years from now, when the report is declassified, that the confidential report, redacted by the IC was far far worse than the public one, and that if the confidential report was out, Trump would be asking for asylum in the Russian embassy.

So the result of all of this is Trump stays on, plays the victim card to get reelected, and in Pence's second term we find out that Trump was guilty all along?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So the result of all of this is Trump stays on, plays the victim card to get reelected, and in Pence's second term we find out that Trump was guilty all along?
    Dude, if we got 2 terms of Trump followed by 2 terms off Pence, there wouldn't be a United States left to hear it. It would be full on dictator at that point as they would be trying to dismantle democracy at every point and would be even more emboldened and motivated to do it and would bury that report before it hit that point.

Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.
    Damn, that is terrible english.

Would you care for a second try?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Brace yourself.

DoJ is already like "NO MORE INDICTMENT WE'RE GOOD"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Damn, that is terrible english.

Would you care for a second try?
    That sentence is perfectly readable.
    Don't project your lack of comprehension on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That would be pretty astounding, as there are cases in virginia, dc, and ny that are still going, all of which might lead to cooperating witnesses, and subpoenas that are still being adjudicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That would be pretty astounding, as there are cases in virginia, dc, and ny that are still going, all of which might lead to cooperating witnesses, and subpoenas that are still being adjudicated.
    Those are separate and likely not a part of the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That sentence is perfectly readable.
    Don't project your lack of comprehension on others.
    I'm sorry but I can't read gibberish and you should never use double negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    From Mueller. That's the key thing. Anything that's been farmed out can still have indictments come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    No. I'm saying a long running concern of mine is that the public and the intelligence community are operating on two different wavelengths.

For the public, anything and everything the intelligence community has with regards to Trump-Russia would be relevant in filling in the blanks. And there will be blanks. Big ones.

For the intelligence community, they're more concerned historically with parochialism (inter-agency rivalries) or more generally "big picture". They wouldn't want to burn a source close to Putin in order to inform the public, because they think that source would be useful to them in the future. We've seen pretty much exactly this with the 9/11 Comission report, followed by subsequent revelations.

For me, I think this is big enough for all-hands-on deck for the entire US government. The report will only exacerbate the "reality split" Trump has already brought about. The more the IC shows, the better it will be. The worst possible world is if in 2022, President Biden declassified the entire report, and it turns out that Trump should have been prosecuted for T reason when he got off with a bad news cycle, because the IC sat on something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Donald Trump is a racist. If you still support him, you are a racist too.

Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

Hold up.

Something doesn't add up. The Mueller Grand Jury still has sealed documents/indictments that were never acted upon.