1. #16841
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, look at Trump.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Jesus Christ. You obviously didn't read anything did you? Did you come from Trump's twitter feed?
    No, they didn't read anything, except what they're being told to post. The товарищ need their turnips.



    Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-03-24 at 10:32 PM.

  2. #16842
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    2 years and for what? The media has been trying to spin this nonsense as well. What's going to happen to them? Whoops. Guess their ratings are going to go back into the toilet.

    What's that? It's not good enough? We need to see the full report so we can pull more out of our asses? Typical.
    Yeah it was nothing, if you ignore all the indictments.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  3. #16843
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    18,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If it completely exonerates him, why does Barr need congress to compel him to release full report?
    Because facts are hard to spin once they're out in the open. Other people could contradict Barr's 'opinion'.

  4. #16844
    High Overlord Vermented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Trashed Account. Fuck this forum.
    Posts
    154
    I must say that 2 years of "collusions" was much more fun then the "birth certificate" period. The Democrats outdid them selfs this time hehehe


  5. #16845
    If she's got nothing to hide, why'd she delete emails....says the people that are ok with Trump not releasing his tax returns and Barr not releasing the Mueller report.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  6. #16846
    Seeing a lot of stuff about the media having made stuff up about Trump and that they should be punished for it.

    What the hell did they make up? This happening doesnt excuse all the stupid shit Trump directly said.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  7. #16847
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Is anyone else here bothered by the fact that DOJ policy is essentially a siting president is above the law?
    But the report ignored that premise.
    "After reviewing the Special Counsel’s final report on these issues… Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel’s investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    "Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."

  8. #16848
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No collusion. No obstruction as there is no underlying crime. Total victory.
    Actually that's not true on the no obstruction charge. That was Trump henchman Barr who removed it as a possible charge, not Muller.

  9. #16849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I imagine it'll be one of the first things looked at by the next Dem administration.
    While the Dems are in power? Fat chance of that. More likely they'll pretend that the Presidency will never again be captured by the Republicans and expand executive powers.

  10. #16850
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    I must say that 2 years of "collusions" was much more fun then the "birth certificate" period. The Democrats outdid them selfs this time hehehe

    Well, the Birth Certificate bullshit was pushed by Trump, even after both Obama's birth certificates were released, and it was pushed heavily by right wing nut jobs and conspiracy theorists. So I don't know why you are attributing it to Democrats. And the collusion thing isn't a fucking conspiracy, considering it doesn't conclude that since it doesn't conclude ANYTHING.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    But the report ignored that premise.
    "After reviewing the Special Counsel’s final report on these issues… Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel’s investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    "Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."
    Barr is just defending Trump. We know he obstructed justice, just by what his statement said about not knowing about the Trump Tower collusion meeting, saying it was about adoptions, when it was made to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

  11. #16851
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Actually that's not true on the no obstruction charge. That was Trump henchman Barr who removed it as a possible charge, not Muller.
    Mueller left it up to the discretion of the attorney general and his deputies. Barr is not a henchmen or hoax, but a well respected attorney general with a distinguished career. That's how these things work. You need an underlying crime for obstruction. There is no crime here. This was a total hoax and I am glad the President is vindicated.

  12. #16852
    Barr is just defending Trump. We know he obstructed justice, just by what his statement said about not knowing about the Trump Tower collusion meeting, saying it was about adoptions, when it was made to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.
    Mueller was uncertain on the charge, he did not say Trump obstructed justice, nor did he say he didn't. I'm sure people will argue this to death.

    So anyway Mueller, with all the information presented to him made it clear: Trump did not collude with Russia.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

  13. #16853
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,575
    So, a four-page summary in which the AG says "Trump was not personally involved with collusion". Hmm.

    Well, let's for now assume that's correct. This is not so much good news, as lack of bad news, for Trump. We already know about the many Russian agents he chose to hire and act as his most trusted confidants. So this is less "Trump didn't do it" as much as "Trump didn't know his team was doing it".

    There's also the question of why he chose to fight Russian sanctions, cede Syria to Russia, refuse to fight Russian election interference, choose to ignore his intelligence community citing Russian interference, taking illegal Russian money through the NRA, taking illegal Russian money through his inauguration, the Trump Tower meetings, the Trump Tower Moscow meetings, Trump talking with Putin then taking the translator's notes, Trump taking Putin at his word about Russian interference and doing so in public, Trump weakening NATO, Trump weakening the UN, and Trump basically lying about all of that while claiming no puppet no puppet you're the puppet wouldn't it be nice if we got along with Putin?

    And, with this out of the way, Trump can run on his record of not only coddling Putin's dick in his mouth while hiring multiple Russian agents, but also his record of a declining economy, the lack of farm/coal/manufacturing jobs he promised, the lack of opioid result he promised, the lack of better health care for more people for less money he promised, the tax cut for the rich backfiring, failing with NK, coddling Saudi Arabian dictators, multiple family members failing their security clearances, firing a record number of people, failing to hire a record number of people, signing a record deficit/debt despite promising to do the opposite, watching WH members and Congresspeople leave their jobs to spend more time with their lobbying firm despite promising otherwise, the Wall still not being built, being laughed out of the UN, concentration camps killing children on US soil, and literal Nazis with torches marching in the street and murdering people.

    But at least Barr says Mueller says he can't prove Trump personally colluded with Russia.

  14. #16854
    What a waste!

    If you ignore that the investigation did find that many members of Trumps staff were seeking collusion
    Or that the investigation also found that Russia tampered with the election.
    Or that the investigation also found many abuses of power in the government.
    Or that Barr is a stooge who wont release the report and is known for in the past saying the investigation was worthless.

    TOTAL WASTE. WITCH HUNT. BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Mueller left it up to the discretion of the attorney general and his deputies. Barr is not a henchmen or hoax, but a well respected attorney general with a distinguished career. That's how these things work. You need an underlying crime for obstruction. There is no crime here. This was a total hoax and I am glad the President is vindicated.
    Totally distinguished and not a henchmen

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/24/polit...ler/index.html
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  15. #16855
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Mueller left it up to the discretion of the attorney general and his deputies. Barr is not a henchmen or hoax, but a well respected attorney general with a distinguished career. That's how these things work. You need an underlying crime for obstruction. There is no crime here. This was a total hoax and I am glad the President is vindicated.
    Barr is absolutely a henchman to Trump. He is a shit AG that helped pardon the people involved in the Iran-Contra bullshit during Bush's term as president.

  16. #16856
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What a waste!

    If you ignore that the investigation did find that many members of Trumps staff were seeking collusion
    Or that the investigation also found that Russia tampered with the election.
    Or that the investigation also found many abuses of power in the government.
    Or that Barr is a stooge who wont release the report and is known for in the past saying the investigation was worthless.

    TOTAL WASTE. WITCH HUNT. BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD.
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated" with Russians who worked on those hacking efforts, according to Barr's letter, "despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

  17. #16857
    Stood in the Fire steristumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty
    Guilty until proven innocent
    Guilty even after proven innocent! F*ck yeah, these are the true liberal democratic values!
    The Kavanaugh effect.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

  18. #16858
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Mueller was uncertain on the charge, he did not say Trump obstructed justice, nor did he say he didn't. I'm sure people will argue this to death.

    So anyway Mueller, with all the information presented to him made it clear: Trump did not collude with Russia.
    Really? Where does it say that? Because he absolutely tried to.

  19. #16859
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated" with Russians who worked on those hacking efforts, according to Barr's letter, "despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."
    So those indictments are nothing now? Good to know that Trump and his staff are above the law.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  20. #16860
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What a waste!

    If you ignore that the investigation did find that many members of Trumps staff were seeking collusion
    Or that the investigation also found that Russia tampered with the election.
    Or that the investigation also found many abuses of power in the government.
    Or that Barr is a stooge who wont release the report and is known for in the past saying the investigation was worthless.

    TOTAL WASTE. WITCH HUNT. BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD BUZZ WORD.
    Russian tampering is only related to Trump collusion if anyone actually discovered that it was the case, which was one of the points of the Special Counsel in the first place. Discovering Russian interference without collusion was always the likely outcome, and you ought to be pleased that while Trump is a blowhard and a bad person, he's not a foreign agent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •