10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    A highly edited version of the report will be made public within weeks according to Reuters.
    Let's conveniently cross out anything bad for Trump.

A highly edited version of the report will be made public within weeks according to Reuters.
    Keep in mind there are on going investigations so it's gonna have to be edited in many places. Hopefully(not likely) it'll just be those things that are edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The coordinated strike that Russia committed to the US elections in 2016 was the most devastating attack on our country since 9/11. Tens of millions of people were exposed to Russian propaganda on multiple mediums and it translated to changes in the ballot box where they specifically targeted middle-aged, rural, white, non college educated people in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania.
    This last part never actually happened (where they did target specific states they went for non-swing states, but for the most part it wasn't targeted).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
    I've read the reports and listened to tons of people speak about it and I just don't think it was as devastating as most believe. I don't believe the election was compromised. Some believe it was and some believe it wasn't. There is no fact to it. I do believe what they did was pretty insane and well orchestrated but I've heard experts say that there's no way to tell how much it actually impacted the results. What we have is speculation - Also, they targeted everyone. I know everyone likes to talk about how they targeted those suburban white people but, in reality, they also targeted Black Lives Matter supporters, Bernie supporters, Hillary supporters...everyone.
    I defer to career intelligence officials in every agency of the US IC than whatever is said online; and they have been treating the 2016 misinformation campaign akin to a 9/11 ever since the election, so image how demoralizing it is to have both the CIA director and President of the United States who publicly malign their work they have been doing for several years, yet they are still working hard to keep integrity in our election process and infrastructure.

It's very easy to see who was most impacted since they were the ones who they targeted the most. Your other examples were sideshows designed to further inflame their targeted demographic; middle-aged, white, rural, non-college educated whites in the rust belt. Using fake stories about BLM, Bernie, etc. in combination with Killary Klinton, a serial killer in cahoots with her husband to kill and bury political opponents in her backyard, or that she is the leader of a global child sex ring, or that she is secretly hiding a debilitating nervous system disease with the blood and spit of children.

All of these campaigns targeted the very specific demographic who are already vulnerable from their lack of formal education and the ability to think critically when processing information being seen on the internet. Couple this with the priming and exposure to right wing television, blogs, and radio, and you have the perfect demographic to delude.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
    I've read the reports and listened to tons of people speak about it and I just don't think it was as devastating as most believe. I don't believe the election was compromised. Some believe it was and some believe it wasn't. There is no fact to it. I do believe what they did was pretty insane and well orchestrated but I've heard experts say that there's no way to tell how much it actually impacted the results. What we have is speculation - Also, they targeted everyone. I know everyone likes to talk about how they targeted those suburban white people but, in reality, they also targeted Black Lives Matter supporters, Bernie supporters, Hillary supporters...everyone.
    Yeah, bullshit. Facts aren't for you to believe in or not. You may not believe in gravity, yet gravity exists.

We know how they effected the election. We know who they targeted. We know who they wanted to win. We know that those targeted in key swing states received and believed the propaganda and voted accordingly.

Your beliefs on the matter are not only unimportant, they aren't equal to people who accept the facts.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    This last part never actually happened (where they did target specific states they went for non-swing states, but for the most part it wasn't targeted).
    Of course it occured, you can see the studies regarding how older people on facebook and twitter are most likely to consume, share, and engage in fake news articles. This is the exact behavior from people who have been primed by propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Can the house dems subpoena the full report? And then release their own edited version?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Can the house dems subpoena the full report? And then release their own edited version?
    Probably, but the DoJ would fight it, setting up a court battle that could last years.

10+ Year Old Account
    White House gets the report first, according to Barr

https://www.businessinsider.com/barr...ivilege-2019-3

What utter fucking bullshit.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Anyone else think the US needs to be dropped into this category on the index? It wouldn't actually affect anything, though it's data compiled by the EU, and it would bring awareness.

Hybrid regimes are nations where consequential irregularities exist in elections, regularly preventing them from being fair and free. These nations commonly have governments that apply pressure on political opponents, non-independent judiciaries, widespread corruption, harassment and pressure placed on the media, anemic rule of law, and more pronounced faults than flawed democracies in the realms of underdeveloped political culture, low levels of participation in politics, and issues in the functioning of governance.

The US was first dropped under 8 in January 2017, to 7.98 marking the transition into Flawed Democracy. It dropped again in January 2018, to 7.96. I haven't been able to find numbers for 2019. The US would have to drop to under 6 to mark the transition into Hybrid Regime. But we are pretty much there now. Actual elected representatives have no power whatsoever. I honestly think it's time for the civilized countries of the world to drop sanctions on the US.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2019-03-26 at 09:05 PM.

hmf..Barr is just covering his own ass...washing his hands of it just to say "It's on him."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Anyone else think the US needs to be dropped into this category on the index? It wouldn't actually affect anything, though it's data compiled by the EU, and it would bring awareness.

Hybrid regimes are nations where consequential irregularities exist in elections, regularly preventing them from being fair and free. These nations commonly have governments that apply pressure on political opponents, non-independent judiciaries, widespread corruption, harassment and pressure placed on the media, anemic rule of law, and more pronounced faults than flawed democracies in the realms of underdeveloped political culture, low levels of participation in politics, and issues in the functioning of governance.

The US was first dropped under 8 in January 2017, to 7.98 marking the transition into Flawed Democracy. It dropped again in January 2018, to 7.96. I haven't been able to find numbers for 2019. The US would have to drop to under 6 to mark the transition into Hybrid Regime. But we are pretty much there now. Actual elected representatives have no power whatsoever. I honestly think it's time for the civilized countries of the world to drop sanctions on the US.
    Sad to say, but I think I agree with you here.
    Our government and elected officials aren't going to fix shit unless someone puts an almost literal fire under their ass.
    Sanctions might actually do something, but then again, I doubt it. USA just has too much power to wield like a bludgeoning object against anyone that did something against us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I can dismiss you because you're not telling the truth.
    SO you are telling me that I am not telling the truth because it destroys your little theory/way of arguing against folks who don't just go along with attacking Trump over everything? GOT IT. Cya.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Sad to say, but I think I agree with you here.
    Our government and elected officials aren't going to fix shit unless someone puts an almost literal fire under their ass.
    Sanctions might actually do something, but then again, I doubt it. USA just has too much power to wield like a bludgeoning object against anyone that did something against us.
    Yep, we are up to 1937 Germany now. History is repeating itself. WW3 is going to be a lot worse than WW2 was.

I fully expect the House to ask Mueller in to verify the contents of the report and rectify any "omissions" that might have happened between him turning it in and them receiving their copy. He's shown himself to be a man of integrity which is a rare thing, especially in government, so I think he'd be cooperative there. I don't really expect anything groundbreaking to come of it--as I said of the report itself a while ago--but I am dead certain there are "details" that a lot of higher ups are scared to let the public know about lest their political careers suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I fully expect the House to ask Mueller in to verify the contents of the report and rectify any "omissions" that might have happened between him turning it in and them receiving their copy. He's shown himself to be a man of integrity which is a rare thing, especially in government, so I think he'd be cooperative there. I don't really expect anything groundbreaking to come of it--as I said of the report itself a while ago--but I am dead certain there are "details" that a lot of higher ups are scared to let the public know about lest their political careers suffer.
    The report also used a fair bit of legalese to skirt the issue, such as mentioning specifically work with the Russian government when most reports were that they were working with intermediaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what a lot of us predicted still hasn't been ruled out until we see the report with Barr's ambiguous legal wording skirting the issue. No one was saying Trump himself was working on a deal straight with Putin, but all the reports pointed to his underlings and people like Kushner/Jr, then Manafort, Stone, Bannon, Flynn, and the rest, working with Russian intermediaries on Trump's behalf and Trump knew about it but did nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Honestly given this white houses amazing impression of a screen door on a submarine this may be the fastest way for an unredacted report to make it out to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    No one was saying Trump himself was working on a deal straight with Putin
    That's exactly what almost everyone was/is saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Honestly given this white houses amazing impression of a screen door on a submarine this may be the fastest way for an unredacted report to make it out to the public.
    Public will NEVER see an unredacted report.

Trump won't have any problems tweeting unredacted excerpts.
    He is indeed that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The report also used a fair bit of legalese to skirt the issue, such as mentioning specifically work with the Russian government when most reports were that they were working with intermediaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what a lot of us predicted still hasn't been ruled out until we see the report with Barr's ambiguous legal wording skirting the issue. No one was saying Trump himself was working on a deal straight with Putin, but all the reports pointed to his underlings and people like Kushner/Jr, then Manafort, Stone, Bannon, Flynn, and the rest, working with Russian intermediaries on Trump's behalf and Trump knew about it but did nothing.
    My gut feeling (and to forestall the inevitable glut of RedHat bullshittery: YES, this is an opinion, not fact. I'm well aware) is that while there may be some evidence that Trump and his spawn had some shady things going on, Mueller was unable to find anything concrete directly linking the known Russian interference to Trump himself.

As far as obstruction goes: He did. He absolutely did. Trump gave evidence directly from his own misshapen jowls that he obstructed justice and two-finger-typed it into Tweets on several occasions. I'm guessing the reason Mueller did not call him out on it in his report (if Barr's summary is to be believed) is that either it was determined it was not enough to bother over or, as others have already surmised, Mueller didn't bother because he'd already been informed he's not allowed to indict a sitting pResident.