1. #17141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "Doesn't exonerate" is the most skipped over piece of writing. Ever.
    Dont have to be exonerated under US law.

    Reasonable doubt is a legal fact.

  2. #17142
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure that "TRUMP 2020: NOT EXONERATED!!" will make a good bumper sticker.

    This is really all pointless BS until we can see the entire report.
    Oh, for sure. That's all there is, but of course everyone, and I do mean everyone, is jumping to conclusions right now. We will have to wait and see and normally we should trust someone in Barr's position is unfortunately not happening given his track record.

    Like you and I have said, have to wait for the report, and hopefully it is released with near all or all of it unredacted.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  3. #17143
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    SO Barr formatted it as a quote from the actual Mueller Report, perjured himself and is blatantly lying? Or he actually quoted the report as his summary says? Ocams razor my man (or woman).
    I wasnt aware Barr gave whatever quote he did under oath.

    Perjury is for testimony under oath.

  4. #17144
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Dont have to be exonerated under US law.

    Reasonable doubt is a legal fact.
    You are right, but to think that there is no evidence is just trying to be ignorant. So perhaps you should slow your roll, much like everyone else.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  5. #17145
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I wasnt aware Barr gave whatever quote he did under oath.

    Perjury is for testimony under oath.
    I don't know of any summaries that are given under oath? What does that have to do with Barr quoting from the Mueller report?

  6. #17146
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You are right, but to think that there is no evidence is just trying to be ignorant. So perhaps you should slow your roll, much like everyone else.
    If there is evidence...where is it?

    Mueller doesnt seem to have it.

  7. #17147
    Legendary! Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    6,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I wasnt aware Barr gave whatever quote he did under oath.

    Perjury is for testimony under oath.
    Yup, this is important. A person who was Specifically appointed to defend Trump, did make a report that's not under any oath, and also this person was responsible for the Iran-Contra Coverup
    Is it too hard to demand (and wait) the full report? Why the fuck do trumpettes not want that? if it really vindicates dotard tang, it would make his reelection bid much more powerful.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  8. #17148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I don't know of any summaries that are given under oath? What does that have to do with Barr quoting from the Mueller report?
    Your words

    , perjured himself
    Last edited by Aehl; 2019-03-25 at 12:40 AM.

  9. #17149
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I see some of this and laugh..as I remember a case some years ago when a man was charged with murder, was acquitted "on reasonable doubt"..the prosecution kept saying he was guilty and kept going on the investigation....

    ..until the day the supposed murder victim walked into a police station.

    Oops..............
    At this point we're not talking about sending trump to jail, so we shouldn't be using, "beyond a reasonable doubt" as the standard of proof. At best I'd argue we use the standard of proof of "preponderance of the evidence." It's "more likely than not." It's what more than 4 in 5 of legal cases in the US are decided upon.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Mueller doesn't have the jurisdiction to bring charges himself. It was always going to be a matter of laying out the evidence and allowing others to make the decision.
    Mueller does have the jurisdiction. It's just against DoJ policy, and the evidence for collusion doesn't meet the standard of proof of, "beyond a reasonable doubt."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  10. #17150
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yup, this is important. A person who was Specifically appointed to defend Trump, did make a report that's not under any oath, and also this person was responsible for the Iran-Contra Coverup
    Is it too hard to demand (and wait) the full report? Why the fuck do trumpettes not want that? if it really vindicates dotard tang, it would make his reelection bid much more powerful.
    No he wasnt

    Then-Attorney General Barr supported the president's decision in the Iran-Contra case, which gave clemency to people who had been officials in the administration of President Ronald Reagan, including former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger. He had been set to go on trial to face charges about lying to Congress.

  11. #17151
    All those millions of $dollars wasted on this investigation.

    Might as well piled all that money up and put a match to it.
    .

    "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

    -- Capt. Copeland

  12. #17152
    Mueller does have the jurisdiction. It's just against DoJ policy, and the evidence for collusion doesn't meet the standard of proof of, "beyond a reasonable doubt
    Which ends the matter there and then.

  13. #17153
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh, for sure. That's all there is, but of course everyone, and I do mean everyone, is jumping to conclusions right now. We will have to wait and see and normally we should trust someone in Barr's position is unfortunately not happening given his track record.

    Like you and I have said, have to wait for the report, and hopefully it is released with near all or all of it unredacted.
    One way or another that report will get out with no redactions. Everyone in D.C. seems to be pretending that there is one paper copy of the report and that there aren't copies of it sitting around on laptops and on printers. That's just dumb. It absolutely will get leaked.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  14. #17154
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And your point? Money wasted on a useless investigation.
    Did you complain about the Hillary email and Benghazi investigations as well?

  15. #17155
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Your words

    , perjured himself
    If it ever makes it to court this summary would be presented as evidence and he would be forced to explain himself. Don't get stuck up on a word in order to avoid my question.

    What does that have to do with Barr quoting Muellers report, a few times throughout his summary? And why do you believe Barr is lying about quoting from the Mueller report?

  16. #17156
    Legendary! Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    6,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    No he wasnt
    My bad. I should have said: He tried to cover up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All those millions of $dollars wasted on this investigation.

    Might as well piled all that money up and put a match to it.
    are guilty pleas, indictments and jail time a waste of money? wtf?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  17. #17157
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidestorm View Post
    Seems you Lefties just got a dose of reality.

    A tough pill to swallow, I know, given that you live in a pile of your own delusions.
    Not really.

  18. #17158
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All those millions of $dollars wasted on this investigation.

    Might as well piled all that money up and put a match to it.
    the investigation made money. don't be daft.

  19. #17159
    If it ever makes it to court this summary would be presented as evidence and he would be forced to explain himself.
    Or not.

    My point is that you cannot say he "perjured himself" and perjury refers to testimony under oath

  20. #17160
    Legendary! Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    6,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    If it ever makes it to court this summary would be presented as evidence and he would be forced to explain himself. Don't get stuck up on a word in order to avoid my question.

    What does that have to do with Barr quoting Muellers report, a few times throughout his summary? And why do you believe Barr is lying about quoting from the Mueller report?
    And that's why the house wants to get Barr under oath. and to release the full report. To get him on the record, and facing perjury charges if he lies.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •