1. #17161
    Jesus Christ, Yeah guys, beacuse the Dems didn’t play ball with the birther bullshit that’s somehow a mark against them. What a garage comparison.

  2. #17162
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    At some point, you maybe have to wonder... Is it that literally everyone is outraged for no good reason, or is it possibly that Donald Trump truly is just that awful at everything?
    Being as they said literally the same things about McCain and Romney, during their election cycles, who were the two most milk toast, moderate, left leaning Republicans they could find...I don't think this is all about Trump. (But yes, every time Trump tweets, he shoulders at least some of the blame, because those tweets are asinine more often than not).

    But no, any Republican that won would be under the same scrutiny as Trump. If Trump didn't win, no one would care about Trump and his asinine tweets, even though he would continue to make them. And all the disgusting things he does, he would still do, but you wouldn't care.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  3. #17163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Jesus Christ, Yeah guys, beacuse the Dems didn’t play ball with the birther bullshit that’s somehow a mark against them. What a garage comparison.
    "Why didn't you treat this racist conspiracy theory seriously!?" - Republicans, apparently.

  4. #17164
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol.

    Like I thought. Not even a hint of the best level of hypocrisy you and other Trump supporters are espousing.
    I've never been a Trump supporter. Soooo.... you just like making baseless accusations because you have no actual point?

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  5. #17165
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Someone with better tact and creativity wouldn't make such an idiotic comparison to start with.
    lol you think so huh?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  6. #17166
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,044
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Trump is making sure it doesnt go public?
    By virtue of allowing Barr to hide it, yes. Granted, the report is huge and probably needs some redactions before we can see it, but Congress could have it, like, right now.

    Trump has asked for the report to go public. If it does not, we know he was lying and wants it hidden. A four-page summary by someone Trump appointed for his beliefs on Trump's limits does not count.

  7. #17167
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Jesus Christ, Yeah guys, beacuse the Dems didn’t play ball with the birther bullshit that’s somehow a mark against them. What a garage comparison.
    It's almost as dishonest as comparing a singular 22 month investigation that not only reimbursed its cost in the fines levied but indicted and convicted a whole lot of people to Benghazi.

    So a source claims that Mueller informed the DOJ that the probe would be "unable to reach a conclusion" on obstruction several weeks ago, which is being used to explain Barr's speed when it came to issuing his statement.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  8. #17168
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By virtue of allowing Barr to hide it, yes. Granted, the report is huge and probably needs some redactions before we can see it, but Congress could have it, like, right now.

    Trump has asked for the report to go public. If it does not, we know he was lying and wants it hidden. A four-page summary by someone Trump appointed for his beliefs on Trump's limits does not count.
    There's going to be damning evidence in there... It just might reach the level of criminality. We know about some of that stuff now based on reporting

    There are 20 other investigations that have spun off.. Mueller had a pretty narrow scope. The other 20 investigations do not.

  9. #17169
    Looking over the summary it does confirm Russia did influence the 2016, but is silent on how much the interference helped Trump.

  10. #17170
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    But no, any Republican that won would be under the same scrutiny as Trump. If Trump didn't win, no one would care about Trump and his asinine tweets, even though he would continue to make them. And all the disgusting things he does, he would still do, but you wouldn't care.
    This is manifestly false; people have known Trump was a dumpster fire of a human being for decades .
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  11. #17171
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looking over the summary it does confirm Russia did influence the 2016, but is silent on how much the interference helped Trump.
    kinda hard to asses that without massive polling data right after the election to get peoples reasons for voting one way or another. But i think we can safely say that without the wikileaks email dumps Hillary would likely have won.

  12. #17172
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    kinda hard to asses that without massive polling data right after the election to get peoples reasons for voting one way or another. But i think we can safely say that without the wikileaks email dumps Hillary would likely have won.
    Wikileaks was just good journalism though.

  13. #17173
    https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status...18213813739520

    Having re-read William Barr’s June 2018 Memo critiquing Mueller’s obstruction investigation and now his summary of Mueller’s Report, it is clear that Richard Nixon would not have been forced to resign his office if Barr had been Attorney General. Barr wants a POTUS above the law.

  14. #17174
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Wikileaks was just good journalism though.
    Wikileaks is considered a front for Russia by virtually all of the the American intelligence community.

  15. #17175
    Glenn Greenwald: Russia Collusion 'Conspiracy' Was "Saddest Media Spectacle I Have Ever Seen"

    "...what makes it even sadder is to watch all the people who invested their journalistic credibility into what proved to be a complete and total fraud and scam continue to try and cling to some vestige of credibility by continuing to spin conspiracy theories..."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Wikileaks is considered a front for Russia by virtually all of the the American intelligence community.
    lol...
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

  16. #17176
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47699611

    Do you know what Obama didn't do after the whole birther conspiracies? Threaten to investigate those promoting it.

    Do you know what Hillary didn't do after the Benghazi or email investigations? Threaten to investigate those who investigated her.

    But Trump seems happy to threaten those investigating him because he's a fucking child.

  17. #17177
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47699611

    Do you know what Obama didn't do after the whole birther conspiracies? Threaten to investigate those promoting it.

    Do you know what Hillary didn't do after the Benghazi or email investigations? Threaten to investigate those who investigated her.

    But Trump seems happy to threaten those investigating him because he's a fucking child.
    Hillary mostly seemed to disappear people...

  18. #17178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    Hillary mostly seemed to disappear people...
    conspiracy theories aren't allowed here you know. not that you seem to care.

  19. #17179
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47699611

    Do you know what Obama didn't do after the whole birther conspiracies? Threaten to investigate those promoting it.
    Obama's DOJ will find a reason to throw you in jail.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

  20. #17180
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Obama's DOJ will find a reason to throw you in jail.
    So he didn't threaten to investigate those promoting it? Glad we're on the same page then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •