Quote Originally Posted by looka View Post
    Name me some tv series or movies you Brits made that trumps any of those series i mentioned.

Stay silent you irrelevant british donkeys. Your stagnated 2.8 trillion GDP (and falling thanks to brexit) with thug ridden cities and a poor 40 billion military budget because you're poor as an african.
    Boy someone is projecting hard.

Britain made some of the best TV shows of all time, particularly comedies, so I don't know what you're on about there. Also why are you bringing up Hollywood and then talking about cable TV shows? Also don't you guys hate Hollywood?

Hang on, are you even American?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Dunno, man, I liked Es muss nicht immer Kaviar sein. Then again, that was anything but crass.

I also used to like children's shows from the DDR back in the days.
    Okay, it's based on a novel, so that's a good sign. There are exceptions to this rule, of course. Heinz Rühmann did very good movies and was one of our best actors, too. But as a general rule, German TV productions these days are shite.

I'll admit, it may be a case of being a prophet in your own land, but who knows...
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Maybe US liberals will now get they are focusing on the wrong shit, Trump has literal concentration camps for fucks sake.

AoC summed this whole shitshow up best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Boy someone is projecting hard.

Britain made some of the best TV shows of all time, particularly comedies, so I don't know what you're on about there. Also why are you bringing up Hollywood and then talking about cable TV shows? Also don't you guys hate Hollywood?

Hang on, are you even American?
    Yes minister is still amazing and relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I was pondering mentioning better pieces like Monthy Python, Black Adder, Wooster & Jeeves and Yes, Minister. Oh, don't forget my personal favourite: Fawlty Towers.
    I'd add almost everything Graham Linehan made. And the Thick of It. And the original Office and Little Britain and Bromwell High. And a pile of others.

And Dr Who and Red Dwarf...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I still find myself watching clips from that show on Youtube all the time. Unbeatable writing.

Okay, it's based on a novel, so that's a good sign. There are exceptions to this rule, of course. Heinz Rühmann did very good movies and was one of our best actors, too. But as a general rule, German TV productions these days are shite.
    I wouldn't know... The only German TV I've seen these past years are the antics of Böhmermann and whenever Hungary is mentioned on the Heute Show. But even if the stuff was good, it would still be drowned out by American and British works.

It's also unavoidable. The mods are right, if they introduce a post-count limit, these burners would infest the rest of the forum. And we are literally the trash heap, we just gotta deal with it. I'm curious about that mystery solution Chaud hinted at, though.

God, please let it be a Russian mob squad driving to their homes... just this once, listen, dammit. :P
    I doubt as many trolls would bother creating burners if they had to post 100 posts in other subs. Besides, it would spread the workload to other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Funnily enough, I've started appreciating Sir Nigel since I'm working in the civil service.

I still find myself watching clips from that show on Youtube all the time. Unbeatable writing.
    Their bit about Europe, amazing how it's still relevant today and how it explains the British attitude so well.
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Maybe US liberals will now get they are focusing on the wrong shit, Trump has literal concentration camps for fucks sake.

Thats ironic from miss new green deal

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I doubt as many trolls would bother creating burners if they had to post 100 posts in other subs. Besides, it would spread the workload to other mods.
    They would just spam bullshit for 100 posts, takes them 5 minutes longer and back they are. In the meantime, those other forums are full of spam shit and their mods are not used to dealing with outright bullshit like that. I mean, seriously, as far as modding goes, I imagine GenOT and /politics are probably the worst biohazard on this forum. The amount of finely tuned "near-infractions" that regular posters like me are doing constantly probably gives them headaches on a good day. Like what I'm doing right now, by all rights I should be infracted for moderation discussion, but probably won't as long as I shut up about it within about 1-2 posts... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

lol if you don't vote for her you are racists!!!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This has already gone off topic enough, for my sins in taking part in such, let's not perpetuate that with talk about moderation and banned accounts.
    Any useful discussion on this topic was shut down when the report came out. This chat thread is not constructive at all for the nothingburger it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Trump is a racist.

He has said things about brown and black people that might get us banned for even quoting. He describes them using the same language that white nationalists use, like "invasion." His administration is splitting up immigrant families and has banned people from random Muslim countries from entering. His dad marched with the KKK, and Donald himself made a 1page ad calling for the execution of 5 black accused rapists, and never apologized when they

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Any useful discussion on this topic was shut down when the report came out. This chat thread is not constructive at all for the nothingburger it is.
    The report hasn't come out though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    "Oh shit I have no substantive arguments, quick think of a strawman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There is interesting discussion to be had when the details of the report are public, but probably not before. The legal battle to have it released is going to be pretty boring though.

"Oh shit I have no substantive arguments, quick think of a strawman!"
    Not even invoking strawmen, just another lazy attempt at baiting people to pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I am not @Skroe but if I was, I would probably post something like this:

That looks about right, doesn't it? Seems like something he'd say.
    I hope that is his work, thanks for posting it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

After reading a bit more on the subject... I don't think Mueller intended Barr to make any determinations on Obstruction as it's congress's job to make that determination.

Notice how there are no quotes in Barr's memo that are complete sentences. We're missing a ton of context.

Then there's the fact there are numerous other investigations into the president and the job he's done in office. The fact Trump is going to use this to go after his enemies shows his character, as if we need another example to prove he's a horrendous individual.

So you think he investigated for 2 years, got the media calling his office every day to find out if there's something new, got senators and other assorted politicians pestering him about it... and then when he comes out of it, he hands over the least significant teaser... just to build up the suspense? :P

He got nothing. Look elsewhere, deal with it politically.
    Trump's appointed AG Barr, who helped Republican cover ups before, refuses to release the report, not Mueller.