Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn't say I couldn't focus(as evidenced by my continued postings), just that I'm more focused on the immediate issues. Right now we have a timeline for when we'll know more and there's not much to discuss beyond that until the report is sent to Congress.
    Okay, sure, but that's kind of missing my point. Trump has so much bullshit going on that people are being distracted from his failings by his other failings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    This really isn't that hard. I respect people that treat me with respect...and disrespect those who treat me with disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic...it looks like Barr will release the report by mid-April at the latest. He also wants to publicly testify before Congress after the report is released.
    Plenty of people have calmly explained stuff to you that simply doesn't align with your view of the investigation and you've either flat out ignored them (Breccia) or treated them as a shit posting memelord. Ashrynn didn't even directly address you, they simply posted something you agree with. It's pretty easy to see through your BS man.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah guys, the report doesn't need to be released, because people will think what they think.

Because that's smart to do. Eh, I won't help my neighbor shovel snow, because people will think what they think. Look, I too can use bullshit logic.

How about it needs to be released for transparency, you know the thing Trump thinks he's the best at.
    It absolutely needs to be released, I agree with you there. Just gets so tiring with people asking for investigations. And one side will say "ahha! proves us right" and the other side says "the investigation is a sham". (and both sides do both of these depending on the outcome of the investigation). If the investigation mattered, that would be awesome. But when an investigation is over and no politician is ever held accountable, and no one on the other side believes their politicians did anything bad, why do we keep up the charade? We just spent 2 years investigating Trump and it could not have mattered less. The Right says "this is what we've always said" and the Left says "the investigation is invalid". So why the F do we keep asking for investigations?

Why not just admit they've got us (the public) where they want us. Half of us support each side and let them off the hook regardless of what they do, and no one will ever hold them accountable. I don't even know if the charade is slowing down the corruption at this point because no one cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But factually you are wrong, it will weigh in on people in the middle. The left and the right by themselves do not win elections and they will be swayed if the report is damaging or if it clears Trump. It's also about the constitution congress has the right to see the report and release a sanitized version to the public.
    I don't know that Congress has a right to see the report. Because of separation of powers, the Justice Department (Executive Branch) owns that. All the Congress can do is request it. That said, the fact that the President appoints the people in the Justice Department has always been a conflict of U.S. interest. Eric Holder would never investigate his "wing man", and the Left thinks the same when the GOP holds the executive.

Congress should own the investigation over anything happening in the Executive, but I think that rarely to never happens.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The Right says "this is what we've always said" and the Left says "the investigation is invalid".
    No one on the left is saying "the investigation is invalid." What's in dispute is the accuracy of the Attorney General responsible for covering up Iran-Contra and who believes that it is a legal impossibility for a president to obstruct justice summarizing it as "no collusion, no obstruction." Basically it's a matter of checking the sources underlying the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. AG Barr said they'd get his summary when they did, so I trust they'll get the report by mid-April. How much of it is redacted remains to be seen.
    Naddler has threatened to subpoena if they don't have the unredacted report by april 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I don't know that Congress has a right to see the report. Because of separation of powers, the Justice Department (Executive Branch) owns that. All the Congress can do is request it. That said, the fact that the President appoints the people in the Justice Department has always been a conflict of U.S. interest. Eric Holder would never investigate his "wing man", and the Left thinks the same when the GOP holds the executive.

Congress should own the investigation over anything happening in the Executive, but I think that rarely to never happens.
    Congress has subpoena power and their job is to oversight over the executive that includes any investigations of wrong doing. Were you asleep when house republicans used this power to get everything on Hillary Clinton including classified information? How about during Bill Clinton's investigation? Benghazi? You just suddenly think they don't have oversight power because your party is no longer in control.

The past didn't vanish when that report came out there is plenty of history and the twist is republicans in their zeal set it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No one on the left is saying "the investigation is invalid." What's in dispute is the accuracy of the Attorney General responsible for covering up Iran-Contra and who believes that it is a legal impossibility for a president to obstruct justice summarizing it as "no collusion, no obstruction." Basically it's a matter of checking the sources underlying the conclusion.
    Yeah, they will. If the report is published in full and there is absolutely no collusion between Trump and the Russians, I would be completely shocked if they all came back and said, "sorry folks, we were wrong". I don't see the Trump-Russia stuff dying down prior to the 2020 election regardless of what we find in the report.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Naddler has threatened to subpoena if they don't have the unredacted report by april 2nd.
    It won't matter. Clinton's email were subpoena and she ended up deleting 30 grand of them before the FBI could force their way to them months later, and no one cares.

Trump's been talking big about how he's going to put all the things out in the public now that the investigation is over, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Congress has subpoena power and their job is to oversight over the executive that includes any investigations of wrong doing. Were you asleep when house republicans used this power to get everything on Hillary Clinton including classified information? How about during Bill Clinton's investigation? Benghazi? You just suddenly think they don't have oversight power because your party is no longer in control.

The past didn't vanish when that report came out there is plenty of history and the twist is republicans in their zeal set it.
    Sure they can request it, then subpoena it, but that doesn't mean they'll get it unredacted.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Sure they can request it, then subpoena it, but that doesn't mean they'll get it unredacted.
    You can thank Devin Nunes when it isn't.

Gotta say the meme’s these avengers movies generate are pretty damn hilarious. As awful as they tend to be.

It won't matter. Clinton's email were subpoena and she ended up deleting 30 grand of them before the FBI could force their way to them months later, and no one cares.

Trump's been talking big about how he's going to put all the things out in the public now that the investigation is over, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Buttery males is a great comeback.

Buttery males is a great comeback.
    Oh, I see what you did there. "Buttery males" = "But her emails".

I didn't say "but her emails", so your comeback to my comeback is sarcastically even greater.

If Clinton's response to a subpoena about her emails doesn't matter, why would anyone think Trump's JD will take a subpoena seriously? We now have precedence that you can selectively destroy subpoenad data with no repercussions. Why would Trump or the JD offer any data that is damaging to them?
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-03-29 at 09:58 PM.

~ Daryl Davis

Oh, I see what you did there. "Buttery males" = "But her emails".

I didn't say "but her emails", so your comeback to my comeback is sarcastically even greater.

If Clinton's response to a subpoena about her emails doesn't matter, why would anyone think Trump's JD will take a subpoena seriously?
    Buttery males part 2, covered in goo.

Buttery males part 2, covered in goo.
    Buttery males part 3, covered in choco-sauce.

~ Daryl Davis

Buttery males part 3, covered in choco-sauce.
    Let me know when you're done saying the executive branch is not a co-equal branch of government.

Let me know when you're done saying the executive branch is not a co-equal branch of government.
    I'm done saying that now.

~ Daryl Davis

I'm done saying that now.
    So I guess I'll just repeat: Nadler has said he's going to subpoena if they don't have an unredacted report by april 2, and I'm going to expect you to say nothing about "who cares, the executive can just ignore subpoenas."

So I guess I'll just repeat: Nadler has said he's going to subpoena if they don't have an unredacted report by april 2, and I'm going to expect you to say nothing about "who cares, the executive can just ignore subpoenas."
    Nope. I know who cares. I do. All of the Left does. You know who doesn't care? Trump and the Justice Department.

And I'll just repeat, it won't matter.

Probably the best thing that could happen in U.S. politics that would make me extremely happy is if Trump was impeached. I'm not a fan. I'm not trying to justify why Trump shouldn't do it, I already explained he should turn over everything unredacted. I'm trying to explain why he won't. And because we have precedence that subpoenas don't matter, Trump and the JD won't care. But go ahead and keep sticking your head in the sand and shouting "BUTTERY MALES!!" pretending there were no politics before Trump.

~ Daryl Davis

It's pretty safe to say at this point that the full report contains items in it which will make the public consider Trump more guilty than innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    It's pretty safe to say at this point that the full report contains items in it which will make the public consider Trump more guilty than innocent.
    And recent polling indicates that most of the voting public thinks so as well.

Nope. I know who cares. I do. All of the Left does. You know who doesn't care? Trump and the Justice Department.

And I'll just repeat, it won't matter.

Probably the best thing that could happen in U.S. politics that would make me extremely happy is if Trump was impeached. I'm not a fan. I'm not trying to justify why Trump shouldn't do it, I already explained he should turn over everything unredacted. I'm trying to explain why he won't. And because we have precedence that subpoenas don't matter, Trump and the JD won't care. But go ahead and keep sticking your head in the sand and shouting "BUTTERY MALES!!" pretending there were no politics before Trump.
    This is you saying the executive isn't a coequal branch of govt, but is the superior branch of govt. You attempting to justify why trump isn't going to comply with a subpoena is just that: you justifying why trump isn't going to comply with a subpoena. There isn't precedence that subpoena's don't matter. You saying "buttery males" doesn't mean there's a precedent that subpoenas don't matter.

BTW, no one believes you about not being a trump supporter. I don't know why you bother.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-03-29 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Remember when transparency used to be considered a positive?
    Remember when Trump promised the most transparent administration? I remember it like he never released his taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Probably. We already know a lot of them. Holding the Trump Tower meeting was bad. Lying about it was worse.