10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yes it is illegal. That is like saying that trying to kill your wife or husband or whatever and you miss with your shot, means you can't be tried for attempted murder.
    It's a defense so ridiculous it was literally used by Sideshow Bob.

And just a reminder: Stone is still going to trail. For trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And just a reminder: Stone is still going to trail. For trying.
    For lying.

Not for trying.

Point out any part in indictment where he is indicted for trying - there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    For lying.

Not for trying.

Point out any part in indictment where he is indicted for trying - there are none.
    He tried lying.

Now that that little hoop of yours has been jumped through have any other ones?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    He tried lying.
    Which has nothing to do with trying to work with Wikileaks.

He didn't just try - he actually did lie, and pressured others to support his lie as well.

Lying to FBI or Congress can result in indictment; trying to work with Wikileaks or Russians but never actually working with them isn't.

That's the reality i see from those three years.

Simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    He tried lying.

Don't worry, he will try. He is being paid to do so in turnips.

@Pendulous @-aiko- @Jester Joe @Gray_Matter @GothamCity @Thwart

Hey mods, you don't like us calling out bad faith posters, you don't like calling out trolls. So here you go. Read the past 10 pages and then YOU guys handle them so we don't have to keep calling them out because reporting them don't seem to do much.

Come on guys, if you don't want us calling them out for doing it, and you don't want us calling you out for allowing it, then handle them so it isn't as much of an issue to begin with.

As this point, I would gladly accept requiring a phone verification before people are being allowed to post in the politics section just to prevent the alt/troll/burner accounts and to ban VOIP phones from being acceptable as well.

Come on guys, you can do it.

Redacted report is coming out Thursday morning...

I, for one, am looking forward to 375 pages of rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Considering the source, you can imagine just how uninformative that report will be with most likely selective redactions that have nothing to do with security and everything to do with spinning it.

Want Congress to get the unredacted version and see how THAT goes.

I'm 100% fine with the public getting a redacted report, but Congress should absolutely not settle for anything short of the full report. There's no reason they should get anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm 100% fine with the public getting a redacted report, but Congress should absolutely not settle for anything short of the full report. There's no reason they should get anything less.
    The issue is a lot of the redactions are not going to be appropriate and will shield Trump and his merry band of grifters from political backlash.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The jig is up for Barr...I can't wait! /s
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The jig is up for Barr...I can't wait! /s
    The "/s" is very appropriate. I expect the redactions to be based less on security and more on spin. Just have to wait for the unredacted report to hit congress and go from there.

The odds that someone like Barr will let anything too bad get through unredacted is pretty slim. The president doesn't have to apply executive privilege directly for him to know what to do given his history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The "/s" is very appropriate. I expect the redactions to be based less on security and more on spin. Just have to wait for the unredacted report to hit congress and go from there.

The odds that someone like Barr will let anything too bad get through unredacted is pretty slim. The president doesn't have to apply executive privilege directly for him to know what to do given his history.
    Do you believe that Barr misrepresented the report findings in his summary?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Muellers own investigators even stated that he was trying to downplay and white wash it in his summary and also pointed out they already made their own summaries which he ignored to make his own.

Barrs report or version of the report will probably be about as complete and comprehensive as Kavanaughs "Limited Scope" background check where the FBI was barred from talking to all the accusers, barred from talking to Kavanaugh himself, barred from talking to the 40+ people who contacted them with information refuting Kavanaugh, and barred from doing follow ups and barred from looking into anything that came up during the hearings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Muellers own investigators even stated that he was trying to downplay and white wash it in his summary and also pointed out they already made their own summaries which he ignored to make his own.

Barrs report or version of the report will probably be about as complete and comprehensive as Kavanaughs "Limited Scope" background check where the FBI was barred from talking to all the accusers, barred from talking to Kavanaugh himself, barred from talking to the 40+ people who contacted them with information refuting Kavanaugh, and barred from doing follow ups and barred from looking into anything that came up during the hearings.
    Then I'll take that as a 'yes'.

Barr must have somehow missed all the evidence in Mueller's report proving that an actual crime was committed. And that said, I have little doubt that you're going to find it...then immediately light your hair on fire and start running around in circles screaming at the top of your lungs. I know this schtick well.

Someone just tried to tell me that Mueller went over the Report with Barr and signed off on the redactions. Does anyone have a link where they stated this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm 100% fine with the public getting a redacted report, but Congress should absolutely not settle for anything short of the full report.
    Agreed.

Barr sounds like he's submitting about half, which is what I would do if the report came to me saying "press charges or not, the evidence could go either way" and I wanted the answer to be "he did nothing at all wrong". Again, I don't need to see shit. Congress does. They have security clearances.

Thought of a good analogy to cut through all the crap about people trying to defend Barr.

Forget about the names, forget about the parties.

Lets say you have a guy accused of being a pedophile. Now lets say the investigation is done by someone who largely seems professional and impartial but the final say on the publishing and redactions actually got left up to a guy who looks up to the accused and has a history of trying to protect pedophiles from justice. How much would you trust the final report from that person? Would you rather here the report from the guy who actually did the investigation and doesn't seem to have those hangups?

Considering the investigators from Mueller's team is saying he is full of shit? Yeah, guarantee the architect of the pardoning of the Iran/Contra traitors is absolutely whitewashing the Mueller investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I'll take that as a 'yes'.

Barr must have somehow missed all the evidence in Mueller's report proving that an actual crime was committed. And that said, I have little doubt that you're going to find it...then immediately light your hair on fire and start running around in circles screaming at the top of your lungs. I know this schtick well.
    The Muller report is nearly 400 pages... his summery is 1% of that... that’s a smaller percentage than the amount of bugs permitted in your peanut butter:

https://www.fda.gov/food/guidancereg.../ucm056174.htm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi