1. #18161
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You wanted your President to be a crook?
    Wanted? No. Expected? Oh god yes.

    Trump isn't exactly known as a philanthropist.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  2. #18162
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So you wanted him to be more of a crook?

    It's like saying you know a guy who is a thief but you want him to murder someone just so he will go to jail.
    You're saying you want a crook to get away with as much as they can as long as they share your politics?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  3. #18163
    So no mueller bump.

    Economy is going down in both 2019 and 2020.

    The gop also attacked healthcare the most important issue of 2020 and the economy is the second most important.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2019-04-02 at 12:52 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  4. #18164
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    21,772
    I will simply quote Glenn Greenwald on this Mueller business.

    The Mueller investigation is complete and this is a simple fact that will never go away: not one single American was charged, indicted or convicted for conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election - not even a low-level volunteer. The number is zero. Compare what cable hosts (let's leave them unnamed) & Democratic operatives spent two years claiming this would lead to - the imprisonment of Don, Jr., Jared, even Trump on conspiracy-with-Russia charges - to what it actually produced. A huge media reckoning is owed. Don't even try to pretend the point of the Mueller investigation from the start wasn't to obtain prosecutions of Americans guilty of conspiring with Russia to influence the outcome of the election or that Putin controlled Trump through blackmail. Nobody will believe your denials. Are we now ready to rid ourselves of the thrilling espionage fantasy that Trump is controlled by Putin and the Kremlin using blackmail? There's no way Robert Mueller would have gone 18 months without telling anyone about this if it were true, right? How could that be justified? Perhaps now we can focus on the actually consequential actions the Trump administration is taking and finally move past the deranged conspiracy theories that have drowned US discourse for 2+ years. A side benefit will be not ratcheting up tension between 2 nuclear-armed powers. Giving up these exciting conspiracy theories about international blackmail & convening panels to decipher all the genius hidden maneuvers of Mueller will be bad for cable ratings, book sales & the Patreon accounts of online charlatans. But it'll be very healthy in all other ways.

    The desperate attempts to salvage something from this debacle by the Mueller dead-enders are just sad. Yes, the public hasn't read the Mueller report. But we *know* he ended his investigation without indicting a single American for conspiring with Russia to influence the election. Trump, Jr. testified for hours and hours before Congress, including about the Trump Tower meeting. If he lied there, or to Mueller, why didn't Mueller indict him for perjury, lying to Congress or obstruction? Same questions for Kushner. Stop embarrassing yourselves. If Mueller found evidence that Putin controls Trump & forces him to act against US interests & in favor of Russia - not just with a pee-pee tape but with financial blackmail - what could possibly justify keeping that a secret through the end of the investigation? It's ludicrous. US discourse has been drowned for 2+ years with conspiratorial, unhinged, but highly inflammatory and unhinged idiocy - playing games with two nuclear-armed powers because of anger over the 2016 election. It's time to stop. Mueller ended his work. We see the public indictments.

    Simply perfectly said by Glenn Greenwald, hopefully now we can close the door on this silly but darling conspiracy theory of the establishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    сила лунной призмы составляет - Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics, Sacred Meme Ideology. Ashley Frawley and Patrick Deneen are great, Aimee Terese was right about Warren.

  5. #18165
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    So no mueller bump.

    Economy is going down in both 2019 and 2020.

    The gop also attacked healthcare the most important issue of 2020 and the economy is the second most important.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_apr01
    Sure he did.

  6. #18166

  7. #18167
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll left.

  8. #18168
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll left.
    and non daily polling corrects rasmussens's shitty daily tracking polling.

  9. #18169
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    and non daily polling corrects rasmussens's shitty daily tracking polling.
    Ya because Nate Silver is such a genius. Man after 2016 he should just decide elections for us, why vote.

  10. #18170
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Ya because Nate Silver is such a genius. Man after 2016 he should just decide elections for us, why vote.
    I mean he's a pretty smart guy. He's not perfect, nobody is, but he's a far sight more reliable and accurate than Rasmussen ever is. Their pollings greatest claim to fame is largely being accidentally "right" on a few things, not having a long track record of being damn close to reality with their polling.

    And I thought all polls were fake news and shit, anyways. It's hard keeping track of the mercurial believes and positions of many conservatives nowadays.

  11. #18171

  12. #18172
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Ya because Nate Silver is such a genius. Man after 2016 he should just decide elections for us, why vote.
    he just agregates. but okay do you have evidence that isnt rasmussen who basically admit their polling data is gotten by retarded means?

  13. #18173
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean he's a pretty smart guy. He's not perfect, nobody is, but he's a far sight more reliable and accurate than Rasmussen ever is. Their pollings greatest claim to fame is largely being accidentally "right" on a few things, not having a long track record of being damn close to reality with their polling.

    And I thought all polls were fake news and shit, anyways. It's hard keeping track of the mercurial believes and positions of many conservatives nowadays.
    No one was more wrong and placed in obscurity than Nate Silver in 2016.

  14. #18174
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No one was more wrong and placed in obscurity than Nate Silver in 2016.
    To you, maybe. But he's still very credible.

    But again, are we of the position that polls are all "FAKE NEWS" and shouldn't be believed? Or are we back to selectively believing polls when we like their results and decrying all others as fake?

    Because neither position is a reasonable one to take, FYI.

  15. #18175
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    so polling is wrong? or just anything that isn't rasmussen, right?

  16. #18176
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so polling is wrong? or just anything that isn't rasmussen, right?
    No the dynamics of polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate. They really on old forms of communication, specifically a land line. Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll is why I used them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But don't let me get everyone off track the Russian Hoax.

  17. #18177
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No the dynamics of polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate. They really on old forms of communication, specifically a land line. Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll is why I used them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But don't let me get everyone off track the Russian Hoax.
    you cherry picked them because their results fit your narrative then decry in your own words "polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate." you basically self owned yourself. well done.

  18. #18178
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    you cherry picked them because their results fit your narrative then decry in your own words "polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate." you basically self owned yourself. well done.
    Ok you can go on believing Nate Silver. And when 2020 arrives and liberals reenacts the movie Bird Box don't come crying to me. So back to the Russian Hoax.

  19. #18179
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No the dynamics of polling has changed so much that they are all inaccurate. They really on old forms of communication, specifically a land line. Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll is why I used them.
    Actually, most polling outfits have updated their methodology to reflect the changing times and the fact that large chunks of folks (especially younger) don't have land lines. It's pretty rare for polls to be land line only, actually.

    So again, is this an issue of, "All polls are fake unless I like the results"? Because it seems that way.

    Also, you're looking at Bush's re-election in a vacuum that doesn't include context like - The US was pretty much at the height of our wars in the middle east, and wartime presidents are almost always re-elected. Unless there's a new war starting any time soon, Trump won't benefit from that.

    It's like, that kind of context that's important and shit in understanding the issue. Polls should never be viewed in a vacuum.

  20. #18180
    This thread isn't about polling. Fuck off, all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •